Author Topic: The Sequel, Take 2  (Read 65664 times)

Offline Dark_4ce

• GTVA comedy relief
Yes, it is...
I have returned... Again...

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
I prefer my answer. It had breasts.

Though I suppose that, technically speaking, vampires can have breasts too. Not much good that does 'em, though, dead girls' breasts just aren't so interesting. Or, for that matter, breasts on what's basically a giant person-shaped mosquito.

Offline Dark_4ce

• GTVA comedy relief
Funny you should mention that. My friend molded out of green stuff, for his WH40K model, some breasts. So now it looks like a giant walking mosquito with big breasts. Rather funny... I should take a picture of it. :D
I have returned... Again...

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
Oh.

Okay.

Not entirely sure how I'm expected to respond to that. So here's me shouting a random phrase.

FREE THE GORDITA!

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
Properly translated, "Gordita" means something like "small and fat". This strikes me as a terribly poor marketing platform.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Actually Gordita translated is fat (from gordo) and with a diminutive (not sure how it's called in english) applied, which means it can be fat and small (like Stryke 9 said), but could also be a little fat, etc... (the idea of small/little aplied but also big/large for irony)

Normally diminutives are applied to tease (play) with people.
I should know this, this is portuguese, spanish and possibly italian, not sure. :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 2003, 06:37:10 pm by 1606 »
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Ghost, was that REALLY necessary?

I'm writing the next part now. Watch this space ;)

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
*looks up from his own writing and watches this space*
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Ta-da!

INT. Ventilation System Entrance. Night.

We fade from the previous scene to open up to the ventilation shaft entrance, a series of large, heavy metal louvers inside a square-shaped entrance.. Through the dim green haze of night vision, we spy FLASER, SHRIKE, and GORTEF preparing to enter the shaft. All are in regular FDF uniforms, with a black balaclava covering their faces. SHRIKE bends over a bit, clasps a hand to his earpiece, and begins to speak.

Shrike: Dark? We’re ready to go, man, how’s things on your front?

INT. Shrike’s Hideout. Night.

DARK_4CE is sitting in front of a computer screen, typing away. A few keystrokes, he hits enter, and sits back in his chair.

Dark: Ready when you are, sir.

INT. Ventilation System Entrance. Night.

Shrike: Roger that, entering now.

A welding torch flares into being, obscuring a relatively large portion of our night vision. The sound of metal melting can be heard, until the torch flicks off. GORTEF grasps the metal bars of the entrance, and tugs hard. The section comes off easier than he expected, and he falls straight on his butt. A loud clamoring can be heard as the section hits the metal ground.

Gortef: ****, that hurt.

He gets back, and, rubbing his buttocks, follows SHRIKE and FLASER into the shaft.

INT. Ventilation shaft. Night.

We are viewing in a cutaway view, a few minutes later, and we can see crawling down the shaft, SHIKE, FLASER, and GORTEF, respectively. All their weapons are holstered, and they are struggling to navigate the narrow passage. Suddenly, as they are nearing the entrance, we cut to an over-the-shoulder view of SHRIKE. He stops, and holds up a fist. The other two in his procession stop as well. Again, Shrike clasps his hand to his earpiece.

Shrike: Dark, you there?

Dark_4ce: (Crackly, as if over radio) Yes, sir, right here.

Shrike: We’re ready dark, cut communications.
We cut to:

INT. Shrike’s Hideout. Night.

DARK_4CE is still sitting in front of his computer. A few more keystrokes and a loud hit on a final key, and he replies.

Dark: Done, sir, you’re good to go.

Shrike: (As if over radio) Acknowledged, entering now.

We cut to:

INT. HLP Control Room.[/I]

KS_AL, dressed in the usual black and red clothing, is sitting in front of a systems console. He looks at it, taps it, then looks up again. He turns towards EISHTMO, his SO, and motions for him to come.

Eishtmo: (Obviously peeved) What?

KS_AL: Sir, we seem to have lost all contact with docking back 5.

Eishtmo: What? Are you sure?

He adjusts a few knobs on the console.

KS_AL: Yes, sir. Complete blackout. Probably a glitch, though.

Eishtmo: (Rests chin on hand thoughtfully) Yes….well, just to be sure, dispatch a squad. Can’t be too cautious.

KS_AL: Yes, sir.

We cut to:

INT. Docking Bay 5. Night.

All is quite, and very, very dark, save for the dim lighting of the fluorescent lights far overhead. We cut to a guard, silently smoking, and keeping a watchful eye out. Behind him is complete back. We cut to a close up of half his face. He turns, takes a deep breath from his smoke. Slowly, rising out of the shadows, appears another face, clad in a black balaclava. The guard’s head rears back, and we cut to a view flat on the floor. He falls dead in front of us. His cigarette falls out of his mouth, still burning. We focus on it, until a boot comes down from above and crushes it, and continues walking. We pan up the back of the leg until we are just above eye height with the figure, as he makes his way stealthily towards one of the docked fighter craft. He stops and crouches behind one of the landing gear, and turns to face us. We cut to a view behind him. He motions with his hand into the blackness, and out trots two other figures. They take up positions around the landing gear. By the sounds of his voice, we find that the man who killed the guard is SHRIKE. He begins to talk hurriedly to them in a hushed voice.

Shrike: Alright, gents, here’s the plan. Gortef.

Gortef: Sir?

Shrike: (Taps landing gear of the fighter they’re currently under) You’re gonna take this baby. Flaser, you’re going to get…

He searches around the hangar for a bit. While the hanger is crowded, he seems to have a specific craft in mind. Suddenly, he stops and points at a small, sleek looking craft.

Shrike: That one.

Flaser: Got it.

Shrike: I’ll cover you two, go!

As they scurry off to their positions, we cut to:

INT. Corridor. Night.

We open to see the squad of soldiers thumping down the corridor, about 10 strong, 11 including it’s CO. The leader (BEOWOLF) turns slightly to his side and begins to talk over his shoulder to the rest of his crew.

Beowolf: Be on your guard, guys. It’s probably just a rat or something, but stay on your toes anyway.

Omniscaper: Never liked the docking bays at night. Creepy

adwight: Yea, you said it.

Beowolf: Alright, cut the chatter, we’re coming up on it now.

As he nears the entrance, we cut to:

EXT. Gortef’s fighter. Night.

We open looking down on Gortef’s open cockpit. Inside, he is just finishing up final checklists. With the flick of a few switches, the dull whine of the engines spooling up can be heard coming from behind him. Donning his helmet, he begins to lower the canopy, and we cut to:

INT. Corridor. Night.

BEOWOLF has just reached the door, and is about to punch in the access code, when GORTEF’s engines come online.

Beowolf: What the hell?!

He enters the keycode, after fumbling several times. Finally, he gets it right, and as the door whooshes open, we cut to:

INT. Docking Bay 5. Night.[/I]

BEOWOLF steps into the bay as soon as FLASER’s engines complete their warm-up cycle. As the two aircraft begin to rise into the air, BEOWOLF shouts out his commands to his soldiers.

Beowolf: Adwight, Omni, Lynx, Raven, jdjtcagle, destroy the left fighter! The rest of you, with me! Obliterate them before they can leave the dock!

As a general chorus of acknowledgement goes up from the crowd, they begin to fan out. The jets are rising higher and higher, until, suddenly, the soldiers open fire. The spacecraft shudder under the impact of the heavy ammunition, small explosions go off as HE rounds impact their hulls. We cut to:

INT. Flaser’s fighter. Night.

We are just behind and to the left of FLASER’s head, and warning lights are blaring all around. A loud beeping is ringing through the cockpit. Suddenly, the jet stops rotating long enough for us to spy a spine-chilling sight: the smaller 5-man squad is setting up a portable rocket launcher just behind a stack of crates. We zoom in, shaking wildly, and all hope seems lost, until suddenly, from the corner of our screen, out leaps a figure. Hammer of Justice igniting in mid-air, it comes down on the group with a fierce attack. We cut to:

EXT. Squad location. Night.

It is SHRIKE. Whirling about like a hurricane, he dispatches foes left and right with roundhouse swings from his mighty hammer. Hitting one, he sends his foe flipping end over end into a wall. Slamming the hammer into the ground, he grapples it and uses it as a balancing pole, grabbing the missile launcher between his legs. Flipping it over, he aims it straight for the chest of LYNX, who stops and stares surprised. We cut to a close up of SHRIKE’s mouth as he grins wildly, and then to a view of SHRIKE’s foot, which slams down onto the firing trigger, sending the rocket straight into LYNX’s chest, and hurls him backwards into a wall. SHRIKE dismounts his hammer triumphantly, and twirls around, ready to face the next batch of foes, only to find himself looking straight at BEOWOLF, a distance of about 20 feet away, next to the other squad of soldiers. BEOWOLF has a rifle pointed straight at SHRIKE, and is about to fire, until suddenly a wave of heavy auto cannon gunfire ripples through him. The gun flies up into the air, and BEOWOLF goes down. The gunfire continues in a sweeping motion, chewing up the squad of marines and the crates they were hiding behind, sending shards of wood flying up into the air. The gunfire eventually stops after the enemy has been eliminated. SHRIKE looks up at the cockpit and smiles, and GORTEF gives him the thumbs-up sign from inside. SHRIKE waves at him to hurry up, as he dashes off into the vent from where they came from, carefully making sure to replace it once he’s inside. We cut to:

INT. HLP Control Room. Night.

We cut to a close-up of a coffee mug with a large smilee face on it. A hand is resting next to it. Suddenly, we hear EISHTMO’s voice.

Eishtmo: What?!

The hand shoots across, knocking the mug to the floor. We cut to the shattered mug, as we hear EISHTMO continue.

Eishtmo: Someone’s STEALING two of our fighters?! Impossible! Launch a squadron of interceptors—TAKE THEM DOWN!

We cut from the mug, with the coffee slowly running over the cool, hard floor, to:

EXT. Gortef’s fighter. Night.

We are about 5 feet forward of the cockpit. We can see GORTEF inside, highlighted by the glow emanating from his instruments. Off to the side, FLASER swoops in, to form on his wing in a steady formation. They are flying through a dense asteroid field.

Gortef: Alright, Wing 2 here’s the plan. You cover my wing, and I’ll do my best to keep you out of trouble. Our destination’s only one jump away, but we still have about three klicks left of this asteroid field before we can jump. Stay on your toes, our “exit” has probably been noticed by now.

Flaser: Got it. Go—

Gortef: No names!

Flaser: Oh, sorry about that…chicken**** leader.

He snickers vigorously.[i/]
Gortef: You’re gonna regret that when we land.

Flaser: Promises, promises.

Gortef: And that is NOT my callsign!

Flaser: Too bad, it’s what I’m gonna call ya.

He begins to snicker again, until he’s suddenly, a burst of gunfire, and an asteroid next to FLASER’s wing explodes in a violent flash of light. He veers sharply away, and GORTEF’s head frantically searches the area for a sign of the bandit.

Gortef: ****! Bogies, bogies! Break, Break!

Flaser: I AM breaking, chicken****!

Gortef: Stop calling me that, damnit!

GORTEF rears off into the battle, and we cut to:

EXT. Space battle. Night.

FLASER and GORTEF reform, wingman and leader, respectively, and prepare to do battle. They are slowly starting to close on the enemy forces, numbering 8 craft in strength.

Gortef: Wing 2, I’m gonna take the left, you give me top cover!

Flaser: Roger that!

GORTEF hit’s full burners, and blasts towards the enemy. We cut to a view right behind him, as the enemy opens fire, their gun ports twinkling against the blackness of space. Bullets whiz past us. A few hit GORTEF’s fighter, but none are too serious. With a few minor adjustments to his direction, GORTEF squeezes off a three-second burst, shredding the enemy fighter to pieces. We cut to the enemy fighter as the bullets impact, seeing pieces fly off, getting larger and large, until it finally explodes and cartwheels foreword. We cut to GORTEF’s fighter, as he and FLASER dodge over and around the hurling chunk of debree. The other fighters whiz past them, and the large chunk hits one of them, both exploding in a colossal fireball. GORTEF flips his fighter upside down, rolls upright, and blasts towards the enemy again.

Gortef: Wing 2, get the one to your right!

Flaser: I got ‘em!

Flaser peels off. We cut to his fighter. The enemy bandit wheels around, and, flying backwards, lets loose a hailstorm of bullets at FLASER.

Flaser: Shiiiiiiiit!!!!

We cut to a side view of FLASER, as he peels away as fast as he can from the chase, exposing his entire bottom side to a raking, only to double roll and come back in from the side, all the while our camera position staying constant. The enemy fighter is still flying backwards and to the side as well. Another burst of gunfire, but this time FLASER is ready. Swerving behind an asteroid to avoid it, we see specks of dirt and tiny explosions rip up across it’s surface. He blasts back out again, and, taking a few seconds to get his aim right, lets loose a long burst, obliterating the enemy fighter.

Flaser: Woohoo! (Sings) I got one, I got one, ooo ooo ooooooo!

Gortef: Great! (Grunts) Now get your stupid (grunts) mother****ing ass over here, and give me a hand!

We cut to GORTEF, locked in a battle with the remaining five enemy fighters. Dodging left and right, in and out of asteroids, he is trying frantically to avoid their fire. For a brief second, we cut back to FLASER as he throws his tiny fighter into a tight turn, and blasts off towards GORTEF.

Flaser: On my way!

We cut back to GORTEF, who swings his fighter around while still going backwards, and begins to fire off randomly. He dodges in and out, over and under asteroids all along the way, showing off his amazing piloting skill as he does this all while still going backwards. Suddenly, an enemy fighter nails him with a glancing blow, obliterating one of his wings, sending it careening into an asteroid with a tremendous explosion.

Gortef: ****! Wing 2, where are you?! I’m getting chewed up over here!

Suddenly, from out of the sun, FLASER comes careening down at top speed. Slicing through the enemy formations, one, two, three fighters fall victim to his guns. He zips underneath, and flips around for another pass. GORTEF, however, seizing the moment, steadily aims with his cannons and dispatches the remaining two fighters. He straightens out and begins to head out of the field once more, and FLASER once again forms on his wing.

Flaser: Woohooo! Saved your ass, chicken**** leader!

Gortef: Ahhh, **** you. I coulda taken them.

Flaser: (Laughs) Maybe if they had one eye and half an aircraft, sure!
Gortef: Look, could we just please move it along?

Flaser: Roger that, chicken****!

GORTEF sighs heavily.

Gortef: (Not over radio) The things I do for Shrike…

As they fly past us and continue onward, we fade to:

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
wooooooooooooooo!!!
FUN!!
MORE!
MORE!
*cheers like a rowdy audience member*
:)
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
why am i never in these thing ... meh, guess its cause i keep my head down
Kiss my Fluffy White Ass!

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Lol, no, cause I thought I already put you in.

This is a bump, for any of those who have not found the latest part yet.

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
very good again:) :yes:
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline icespeed

hey, mad.

ive only one thing to pick, and it's not really a pick. in that last scene, why's it night in space? is there night in space, or is it just one of those time things?
$quot;Let your light shine before men...$quot;
Matthew 5:16

When I graduate, I'm going to be a doctor, and people are going to come to me looking for treatment and prescription drugs, and I'm going to give it to them. Is anyone scared yet?

$quot;If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord', and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.$quot; Romans 10:9

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Just one of those time things :D

Plus, it's always night in space, right? :D

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
I know that admins aren't taking hosting requests anymore, but I was wondering if you could just host the first HLP movie file? It's only a couple kilobytes big, and the link in my sig is no longer valid :(

Whee, I made it in here!

UT, you are the man. This is funny as hell.:nod:
"Come, my friends, 'tis not too late to seek a newer world." – Lord Tennyson, "Ulysses"

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
you may well of put me in ... i just cant find me :D

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
After reading through, the whole of the story again, i have concluded that i am infact not in it :D I have that pic of the sword weilding angel dude kicking about if you want a refrence ;):p

Failing that, throw me in there with Lightspeed somewhere ... we used to be squad mates on PXO

Great work as usual
« Last Edit: January 09, 2004, 07:50:35 pm by 575 »

Offline Windrunner

• The Hammer.
Originally posted by Unknown Target
I know that admins aren't taking hosting requests anymore, but I was wondering if you could just host the first HLP movie file? It's only a couple kilobytes big, and the link in my sig is no longer valid :(

no problem UT i'll upload the file to our server and put a link to it on the main page. i 'll do it as soon as i can
Staffmember: Hard Light Productions
I said a lot of things.  Some of them were even true. - Aldo_14