Author Topic: For CP  (Read 18437 times)

Offline diamondgeezer

You're asking for an invasion, my perigree chum

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
Well, it might actually be quite easy for you, my little pumice stone, as we will all be away invading Lancashire and rewriting the recipe for HotPot.

Offline diamondgeezer

Offline Top Gun

Originally posted by Stryke 9
Ah, what the hell. Apparently, that's the highest known prime number. 2^859433-1. Don't ask me why you couldn't just add 2 to that or something, but I thought it'd be an interesting challenge.

It wouldn't be prime then :D

Offline Nuclear1

I'll post here again. This time with a vengenace.

jjjjooooooIiiiiinNNnnnnnnnnnnn............
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

• Koala-monkey
We feeeeeed, soooonn.

And so on.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Originally posted by Petrarch of the VBB
We feeeeeed, soooonn.

And so on.

How can it be talking to us?!?!

• Koala-monkey
stop it! You're making want to play Cataclysm!

"Something's loose, it's killing us!

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
Rampage: It talks at the very beginning, at least.

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Originally posted by Petrarch of the VBB
stop it! You're making want to play Cataclysm!

"Something's loose, it's killing us!

I'm on the second-to-last mission of the original Homeworld (I already killed the Rockship and now I'm just marshalling my fleet to get ready for the final mission); I still need to find a copy of Catyclysm for sale somewhere (wish me luck in finding it...). :nervous:
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Su-tehp

I'm on the second-to-last mission of the original Homeworld (I already killed the Rockship and now I'm just marshalling my fleet to get ready for the final mission); I still need to find a copy of Catyclysm for sale somewhere (wish me luck in finding it...). :nervous:

Homeworld? Homeworld?! *cracks whip* Git back to DatDB, slave!

:nervous: Uhm....... yeah.

I never finished HW - I kinda got stuck on that one level where there's that huge sphere of ion frigates, and you have to do something at the center... I think I recall (it was a good 3 years ago at least) that I tried to draw sections away bit by bit, then swarm them with bombers/fighters. But I think I forgot to save and at one point the whole sphere came charging after me - I lost and never felt like replaying the wholle long process again. :-/

Maybe I will someday... ;)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Originally posted by Sandwich
I never finished HW - I kinda got stuck on that one level where there's that huge sphere of ion frigates, and you have to do something at the center... I think I recall (it was a good 3 years ago at least) that I tried to draw sections away bit by bit, then swarm them with bombers/fighters. But I think I forgot to save and at one point the whole sphere came charging after me - I lost and never felt like replaying the whole long process again. :-/

Maybe I will someday... ;)

Use cloak generators in conjunction with salvage corvettes. Build a bigger fleet at the expense of your enemy. It's what I did.;7 :D

Just finished the final HW mission today. Goddamn, but it's nice to use salvage corvettes to steal away the enemy's heavy cruisers.:nod:

And with my 30 ion frigates(including 6 captured ion array frigates), 4 heavy cruisers, 15 destroyers (including 2 missile destroyers) and assorted strike craft, the final mission actually turned out to be pretty easy. 95% of that fleet was captured by my salvage corvettes.

Who said stealing never pays?;7 ;)

Originally posted by Sandwich
Homeworld? Homeworld?! *cracks whip* Git back to DatDB, slave!

:nervous: Uhm....... yeah.

Hey, wait a minute! Don't you work for me? Get back to work! *cracks bigger whip*
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline Nuclear1

Ah... Homeworld was fun. Now I play Cata online.

:D
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
So, uh, you're the one with no modules getting trashed, right?:p

• Koala-monkey
What ever became of that FS mod for HomeWorld?

Offline Nuclear1

Originally posted by Stryke 9
So, uh, you're the one with no modules getting trashed, right?:p

Exactly. :p I'm sitting on the sideline with my CS.