Author Topic: Official FRED Contest Announcement  (Read 73681 times)

Offline Nuclear1

Official FRED Contest Announcement
Ah, the glories of retail. :D What would I do without it? :drevil:
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
I submitted a mission. A rushed decision, an hour ago, I was not even thinking of this FRED Contest and now... I submitted a mission to the contest instead of releasing it.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by Singh
at least you managed to get started. The lack of an SCP fred is killing me :/ :(
Try this one.  Latest CVS.
http://fs2source.warpcore.org/exes/latest/20050715-Goober5000.rar

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Before I forget:
You do not even touch the missions until the 1st of August, is it right? Question: Can I update the mission file I sent as many times as I desire?

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yeah, I suppose it's best if we don't start judging until August.  Feel free to update as many times as you want.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Originally posted by nuclear1
Ah, the glories of retail. :D What would I do without it? :drevil:

Go nuts and hack something? :p

my 1st Mission is going well, i finally got the arrival cues perfect. :D
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Ship placement, basic scripting, and arrival cues are done.  I'll do a preliminary balance check later on this evening.  After that, it's onto dialogue, briefings, and finalized scripting.  I'd say another two days to beta, followed by a week of me getting ever more fed up with the mission, as I root out the bugs.  I probably won't have time to make a second submission, unless the first one is exceptionally easy to debug.

Though somewhat off-topic, I'm wondering if HLP has any plans in the works to set up a replacement for the now-derelict Volition Watch mission archive.  It would be nice to have a centralized place to submit missions again, and the staff and member reviews were always quite valuable when it came to revising campaigns and stand-alone missions.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 02:33:44 pm by 143 »

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
Originally posted by Goober5000
Try this one.  Latest CVS.
http://fs2source.warpcore.org/exes/latest/20050715-Goober5000.rar

No use. OGL isn't supported very well by my on-board card, hence not allowing FRED to start up at all....

Doesnt matter now though, I'm on duty. I bet I can at least get he framework done in retail though, but beta-testing will be a ***** till I can get a new card on the 25th or 26th (when my mom's coming over)
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Don't you have some retail action?

I should have a mission to submit within the next couple of days. I think it's more/less balanced and bug free (maybe :).  I just have to do up a nebula background and it should be good to go.

How many entries have been submitted so far? Or is that a secret? ;7
« Last Edit: July 17, 2005, 12:44:33 am by 1332 »

H there,
Im new here (but not to FS)
If anyone wants me to beta test their missons send a pm

( I promise not to steal your work!)
cross my heart and hope to die

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
If you want to beta test check out the FRED Academy thread. We always need Beta Testers and that way there's no worries about you helping someone too much.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by Akalabeth Angel
How many entries have been submitted so far? Or is that a secret? ;7
We'll reveal everything at the proper time. :p

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:bump:

Well, maybe we can reveal a bit. ;) We only have three submissions so far, so unless we get more missions, we may have to award those guys first, second, and third place. :p

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
less than a week and i'm not even half-done with mission 1. :shaking:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Hurry up, hurry up, hurry up, hurry up, hurry up, hurry up, hurry up, hurry up, hurry up, hurry up, hurry up

Enough inspiration? :D

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
hell yeah! :D

Offline Axem

I have until tomorrow afternoon to finish mine up. Then I'm gone on vacation for a week. Thankfully it is almost complete. Just a few more finishing touches left...

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Hm... I really should start mine soon, shouldn't I?...
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Well I sent in my one mission, but I don't think I'll have time for any others. I can't think up a good enough idea for any of 'em right now anyway.

And hey, if you guys don't get your missions finished, I guess that means I win by default! ;)

Offline Mav

I fredded a FS1-mission ages ago. :doubt: Don't know if I can dig it up in time (possibly not).
Won't have time to make anything larger for at least 1 1/2 months.:( :( :(

Well, anyway - making missions includes storytelling, which I'm not good at... :sigh:
-__ o_O___O_o
I______O_O_______dragons
________o

-----------------------------------
capship shields DO WORK !!!
my models, now with pics
test mission for commanding capships
-----------------------------------
suffering from a late stage of BoE-infection - DON'T call a doctor, it's too late for that anyway ;o)