Author Topic: Official FRED Contest Announcement  (Read 73680 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Official FRED Contest Announcement
Hey, just ion case I win - is it OK to give the prize to someone else?

iIm satisfied with just the custom avatar and title, the thing from the HLP shop I will glady give to the second runner-up (IF I win).

Sending the thing to me would be a pain in the a** anyway :D
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Ok, count me out for this time around... (though my excuse is spending all day playing FS1 over a lan with my best friend ;) so the fun of one day far outweighs the pride of a contest)... And i'm working in the morning, so i have to sleep soon... Ah well... :sigh:

I'll finish it eventually, and save it for the next one (there will be one, right? :p )...
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Damn, something from the store?

I should've FREDded something...granted, it wouldn't actually be good, but it'd be so bad that it'd go below 0 and curve around to a perfect 10. :p
-C

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
*plots to submit "Surrender bellasarius" in the next contest*
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
meh, looks i won't be able to submit this (so close to the finish, too! :().
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Nuclear1

Mission complete, and away.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Originally posted by Cobra
meh, looks i won't be able to submit this (so close to the finish, too! :().

Well if it's a mission that you can fit into your campaign, then all the better. That'll be one mission down.

I don't think I'll win, but I'd be interested in what I get for a rating.

:)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
no, the storylines don't match.

eh, could i just release this to the public and get a rating with no strings attached? :D
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by nuclear1
Mission complete, and away.
Unless it was email-dated before 0000 GMT, then I'm afraid it's past the deadline.

You're welcome to release it publicly, though. :)

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Certianly, but the rules say you couldn't then re-use it for the next contest...

AHTW

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
This is true.  The next contest probably wouldn't take place until next summer, though. ;)

Offline Nuclear1

Originally posted by Goober5000
Unless it was email-dated before 0000 GMT, then I'm afraid it's past the deadline.

Hmm, looks like you're right. It seems I emailed it at midnight my time (didn't take the five hour difference into consideration).

Oh, well. That's one less mission for Rogue Intentions that has to be done. :)
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
I've returned. With two questions in pocket.

Can we know how many missions were submitted?
Have you started evaulating the missions already?
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Enough to make it a real competition

Yes (Well Blaise has and I will tomorrow).
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Originally posted by Hippo
Certianly, but the rules say you couldn't then re-use it for the next contest...

was that to me or Nuclear1?

if it was... hehe, i get to show off my FREDing abilities :drevil:

Offline Nuclear1

I believe to me, though it could apply to you as well. You could release it as a single mission. :)

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
It was actually aimed at Cobra :) ... Where it could be directed to you (nuclear1), is when goob replied that you could release it. He posted shortly after i had opened the thread in a tab, and it took a few minutes to work through the tabs... :p

AHTW

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Anything happening on the front?
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Probably intensive testing.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Something like that :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]