Author Topic: An attempt to create some table references  (Read 6591 times)

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Re: An attempt to create some table references
I have now gathered most of the entries from the code to the wiki. See weapons.tbl and ships.tbl from FSwiki.

There are a lot of options that i have absolutely no idea what they do or why they are in the table. For example in the weapons.tbl there seems to be multiple options for defining the model ($Tech model, $Model File, $External Model File, $Model etc.  :nervous:). So...  :rolleyes: any help available?
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
And same goes for newer files such as asteroids.tbl. I have given it a try but it would be nice if some one more familiar with it would take a look at it.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
I have now gathered most of the entries from the code to the wiki. See weapons.tbl and ships.tbl from FSwiki.

There are a lot of options that i have absolutely no idea what they do or why they are in the table. For example in the weapons.tbl there seems to be multiple options for defining the model ($Tech model, $Model File, $External Model File, $Model etc.  :nervous:). So...  :rolleyes: any help available?

$Tech model: For use in loadout and techroom screens.
$Model file: tells fs2_open to render the model instead of using the laser renderer.
$External Model File: shown on the gunpoint, used with Bobb's external-visible-weapon code.
$Model: Basically the same as $Model file:, included for compatibility with countermeasures as they have been merged with weapons in the code.
-C

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Don't tell him - put it into the Wiki ;)
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp