Author Topic: Additional ships!  (Read 7770 times)

Offline wuu

Hallo, BWO Mod Team, I want to know about additional ships, not about name and classes ( i know secret lol),  the ablities are more interesting for me.
In FS2 the ships are race specific.
Terran ships are balanced and most vasudan ships are more fast and agile, but poor armored.
Are the new ships race specific or will you make vasudan ships equivalent to terran ships with other look? Have the vasudans a ship like the golgotha?
Der Freigeist

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Technically we said a lot about the ships during these past years by making inferences to the global situation. You might want to check the website for some stories, and find some IceFire's hints here.

The best I can tell you at this point is that the ships follow more or less a logical progression from the FS2 ones, 10 years after. You might want to draw reasonable conclusions from the gap that was covered in the 32 years between FS1 and FS2, and what progress meant there.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Hallo, BWO Mod Team, I want to know about additional ships, not about name and classes ( i know secret lol), the ablities are more interesting for me.
In FS2 the ships are race specific.
Terran ships are balanced and most vasudan ships are more fast and agile, but poor armored.
Are the new ships race specific or will you make vasudan ships equivalent to terran ships with other look? Have the vasudans a ship like the golgotha?
There are several new ships...we've posted about a few of them on the BWO website.  Thats about all we're going to say about them right now but you will be seeing several fighters, bombers, transports, cruisers, and destroyers for the Sol Coalition of Planets.  The Sol fighters are designed along FS1 lines...generally harder industrial lines.  They have strong armor plating but weaker shields.  They also have some very good weapons but they rely mostly on missiles and prometheus like weapons rather than any beams.

The GTVA has a sophisticated edge, mostly due to continual experience with the Shivans, while the SCP follows what may have happend with little Shivan or Vasudan influence.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
POWER-ARMOR SUIT.

A piece of TECHJARGON worn by soldiers, especially elite infantry troops. It combines some of the qualities of space suits and medieval knights' armor, but is much more than either. Servo motors amplify the wearer's movements, making the GRUNT inside it faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and able to leap tall buildings at a single bound.

They are pretty nifty, if the TECHLEVEL makes them available. But note that they do not solve all military problems. If historical experience is anything to go by, troops wearing them can still be defeated by guerillas wearing only black pajamas, so long as the latter are sufficiently motivated and the Power-Armor Suit troops are the unwilling sent by the unqualified to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful. This, however, rarely happens in the KNOWN GALAXY, where the Americans almost always win.

Taken from the 'The Tough Guide to the Known Galaxy' - which can be accessed here

For dimwits, people with a short attentionspan or just plain lack of interest, I highlight the most relevant section:

The troops with the adv. tech can still be defeated by guerillas with low tech, so long as the latter are sufficiently motivated and the troops are the unwilling sent by the unqualified to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline wuu

Thx for the replys.
Der Freigeist

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
Flasers got it about right...the Sol Military is pretty good in their own right.  The GTVA is undoubtedly more advanced and has more sophisticated weapons and ships but the Sollies have some punch of their own.  For instance instead of large beam cannons the Sol military ships tend to be fitted with torpedos and missile banks.  They have some beams but not the reliance on them like the GTVA has.

So in a fight between GTVA ships you'll see alot of missiles going in the GTVA's direction and alot of beams going in the SCP's direction. Its really a stark contrast and you may laugh for a minute till you realize they just nailed the corvette you were protecting.
- IceFire

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
^ahhh! you made my day!!!!

It's so nice to see ships that dont use beams as their main guns!
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

I assume these big differences are also influenced a lot by what natural resources are available to each side. The GTVA has tons of experience mining from nebulae and can therefore make weapons based on nebula gas, while SOL has to rely on what is found in Saturn and Jupiter and such, making for more conventional weapons (in the FS sense).

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Yeah, I suppose the SCP has been making new varients of the Prometheus all this time.

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
This thread is going to get confusing with the SCP acronym.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
When I first read through the posts in this forum, as a lurker, I got very, very, confused (I didn't know what either SCP  was at the time.)

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Our SCP predates their SCP :p
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
And do you represent SCP or SCP?
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
he means the SCP. ;)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
And do you represent SCP or SCP?

The SCP of course.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
Yeah, I suppose the SCP has been making new varients of the Prometheus all this time.
Yes we have a uber Prometheus called the Adjudicator for the Sollies.  Its a fairly standard weapon so its not overly uber...but pretty good.
- IceFire

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Isn't the Prometheus just supposed to detect what wavelenghths will be most destructive to the targets hull material and fire at those frequencies? How can you improve on that?

Offline ilya

• The Bringer of Light
    • World-Gaming Network
Well, that creates a fairly easy way of stopping the Prometheus, a fluctuating shield. When the cannon fires, it reads one wavelength, but the beam encounters another one when the shield is hit.
--ilya
---Sic Itur Ad Astra
---Solvi Vester Cordis
----There is always hope
----When you can't walk, you crawl. And when you can't crawl, you have someone carry you.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
A quote from the Wiki, parts pertenant are bolded:
Named after the Titan who gave fire to humanity, the Prometheus is a laser-based weapon - an advanced radar and X-ray tracking system lock on the target and determine the target's material structure - argon laser focused via transparent ceramic optics - the laser is generated at the destructive frequency (full out-of-phase) for the target's material structure- emitted no more than .02 ms after targeting and activation by the pilot, the Prometheus stands as one of the GTA's most effective deterrents to enemy attack, an effective form of defense for GTA pilots, and as a durable, portable, and highly destructive offensive tool.

Offline ilya

• The Bringer of Light
    • World-Gaming Network
So would it then affect shilds of all fighters/bombers in the same way and only deal extra damagae to hulls?
--ilya
---Sic Itur Ad Astra
---Solvi Vester Cordis
----There is always hope
----When you can't walk, you crawl. And when you can't crawl, you have someone carry you.