Author Topic: New Mainpage  (Read 12887 times)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
We have a new mainpage in place. At this time it is very minimalistic and does not have any graphics in place, in other words it is still work in progress (WIP). Sandwich and Setekh will eventually make it look even better than the old mainpage, so bear with us until then. :) Thanks.

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Ok. I seriously vote that the background colour should be darker. I appreciate the romantic image it presents, "new HLP rising from the ashes of the old one". But could we please clean up the ashes away already, it's a health hazard you know...

Seriously. Red, black, grey? Bothers me greatly. Something much darker or something with a bit of red in it.
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
So.... HLP 4.0?
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
a slightly darker shade of grey would work, but really, it looks alright in my opinion, it's rather clean looking, uncomplicated. i like.
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
I find it a little too bare bones really.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline castor

• http://www.ffighters.co.uk./home/
As much as I can see (sun at 12 oclock), I think its a great foundation.
A simplistic (!=boring) mainpage is good  - doesn't overtax the attention span of wandering souls passing by..

Edit: I'm only missing a short description (one sentence, at the top?) on what the frak is this 'Hard Light Productions' about? :)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 08:07:00 am by castor »

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
You people son't really pay much attention on what the text reads, do you? I mean, it's like the text is there for people to read. And the text says its Work In Progress. That means the page is not finished! Thats the reason it is so simple.

Thats why I will not release any information concerning my personal opinions about the page (exept the issue with background colour which I consider to be critical since the forums have the same BG colour).
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
I like the old one better...

But, this one isn't done, so... yeah.

Offline neoterran

I like the direction you are going with it, the old one was not easy to navigate. Once you have this a little less minimal, it should be quite nice. Good job, and don't give in.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Seriously. Red, black, grey? Bothers me greatly. Something much darker or something with a bit of red in it.

What, you dislike the colors of the Sathanas? :D You'd better retract that, Carl might get mad...
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Shade

Now, if you go ahead and outfit the site with proper glowpoints, spec and shine maps, plenty spikes and four huge beam weapons, I might be able to overlook the horrendous grey background on the forum and main page ;)
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html
More bare bones!  Content is the star, not fancy graphics.  I like it.
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Updated again, now with ads (Yays! :p), Shivany background images (Mommy! :scared: ), and TEH HLP LOGO OF TEH D00M!!!
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I glanced at the logo on the Main Page and it looked like it said "Hard Light Froductions" :p :lol:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
If you wonder why HLP is going down, up, down, up... It is because London Telehouse is having technical problems after yesterdays power outage.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
I thought it was my connection... thanks for the tip.

Offline camcanr

• Got Blarrg?
 :D Whoa!!! This site keeps getting better and better :nod:
Can't wait to see what it looks like!
If this doesen't work, we'll all be talking Shivan.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
The new homepage must die. It's horrible. Simplistic. Looks like I made it as a project for my CISC 181 class...or worse yet a LiveJournal page. The old style was good, looked much more polished, was easier to navigate.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I like the minimalist look on HLP, (Not in general just HLP)  :yes:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Lots of sites I see around look like the web designer has vomited on the screen. Clean and elegant is good!
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.