Author Topic: Expect downtime during the coming weekend  (Read 14411 times)

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
Re: Expect downtime during the coming weekend
I missed the takedown notice for this weekend...Suffice to say I got a BIG shock when tried to log on.  My first thought was something along the lines of "OH GOD, HLP IS DEAD!!!" 

I look forward to checking out the site on its new server.  It really does seem like the whole thing went off without a hitch.  'Grats Fury.   :D
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Things are looking smooth on this end.  Oh, and thanks for putting a link to the IP address on the temp page; it's easier than copy/pasting the address every time. :p

another problem: some of the links beginning with http://www.hard-light.net..... can't be opened. I tried to substitute "hard-light.net" with "64.92.160.252", but worked only in one or two occasions.
Steadfast  Project Member

INFERNO: ALLIANCE

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Just wait until hard-light.net points to the new server.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Like now.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

ok, problem solved. good work!
Steadfast  Project Member

INFERNO: ALLIANCE

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
After login, it still redirects to the I.P.
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Yeah, we were leaving the forums configured to point to the IP for a bit until the DNS propagated sufficiently, which I think it has. I've switched it back over now.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
The only problem I see is the html in Sandwich's user title, but that may be on purpose/not related to server move.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Yeah, I need to fix that; it's not related to the move though.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Yeah, we were leaving the forums configured to point to the IP for a bit until the DNS propagated sufficiently, which I think it has. I've switched it back over now.

I've heard from some people that the DNS hasn't propagated where they are yet, so I've switched the forums back to using the IP for now.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
That just causes more problems. :p I'm logged in at hard-light but all the links use the IP, so I get logged out if I click them.  Also, the QUOTE button doesn't seem to work.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
That just causes more problems. :p I'm logged in at hard-light but all the links use the IP, so I get logged out if I click them.  Also, the QUOTE button doesn't seem to work.
works for me.^
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

Also works for me. ;) Cheers Fury.
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
That just causes more problems. :p I'm logged in at hard-light but all the links use the IP, so I get logged out if I click them.
Just bear with it another 12 hours or so.

Also, the QUOTE button doesn't seem to work.
Quite likely browser cache/cookie issue. :p

Offline Inquisitor

DNS has propogated for me.

I'd post instructions for how to edit a hosts file and go ahead and flip it to the domain.
No signature.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I'd post instructions for how to edit a hosts file

Go right ahead. :D

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Only 3 hours to go before I change everything to use hard-light.net instead of IP anyway.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Seems to have transitioned smoothly over here.
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Okay, links and quotes are working again. :yes: