Author Topic: Sandwich goes AWOL  (Read 22871 times)

Offline shiven_warior

• A true shivan
 :wtf: זה רק אני או לא כתוב שמה שום דבר
i know i misspeld my name >_<

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
What, what vyper wrote? It's transliterated, but reverse from what we're used to (i.e. we're used to seeing stuff like "Ma nishma, achi?") - he wrote English words with Hebrew lettering ("WTF is this ****"). How he did that, I have no idea. :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

He he, it is good that a minor amount of wtf-ness was unleashed.

That was greek, just to emphasize what isn't. Greek-> "Nαι, αυτά είναι ελληνικά"

It is good that you are back, safe and sound Sandwich. :yes:

We have "re-training" in Greece as well. A friend of mine wasn't careful enough and nearly got himself killed.
If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
What, what vyper wrote? It's transliterated, but reverse from what we're used to (i.e. we're used to seeing stuff like "Ma nishma, achi?") - he wrote English words with Hebrew lettering ("WTF is this ****"). How he did that, I have no idea. :p

And you see nothing wrong with my Hebrew? Excellent :drevil:

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Aside from it being transliterated, you mean? :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Copy and paste from your guys' posts FTW.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
...you know the letters?

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
nope.

Just random ctrl-c/ctrl-v

If it makes any sense at all it is luck.

EDIT: no! no! I mean it's all skill!!! I'm crazy awesome at... ah, speaking languages I've never even heard spoken before!!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 10:08:09 pm by thesizzler »

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
You could try to extrapolate the general meaning from the emoticons...

Offline shiven_warior

• A true shivan
תנסה להבין את הכוונה בלי סמילים
i know i misspeld my name >_<

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
nope.

EDIT: no! no! I mean it's all skill!!! I'm crazy awesome at... ah, speaking languages I've never even heard spoken before!!

Still impossible. SOMEwhere you had to use some way of knowing which letters made which general sounds. If I read what you wrote out loud, it would sound like somewhat mangled but comprehensible English.

How?

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
I found an on-line transliteration service when I posted that. I can no longer find it, or I would've continued the mystery on a little longer.

:(
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
nope.

Still impossible. SOMEwhere you had to use some way of knowing which letters made which general sounds. If I read what you wrote out loud, it would sound like somewhat mangled but comprehensible English.

How?

I have mad skills :drevil: (mad as in not asylum or angry, but as in awesome)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 12:17:28 pm by thesizzler »

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Figured as much

Not so nice, talking about things in a language no one understands ;)

necrothreading an announcement forum is bad....
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
@Ace Pace:

:necro: