Author Topic: Ship Mod Database Page  (Read 11511 times)

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
By the way. The original JCD Majesty and my HTL Majesty remap are kinda 2 different things. The model is different ( HTL ) and I recoloured the Orion's maps for the HTL Majesty.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
For Reference:

Original Majesty:

HTL Majesty (ShadowGorrath's):

Another HTL Majesty with its original maps:

(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
I am so turning this into a competition. Or not. Or maybe I should?

Here it is

keep adding more. do terran ones next.

Hey Titan, I added a couple terrans for you, and by a couple I mean around 60. So here's your damn terrans Titan: http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/User-made_Ships#Fighter_Craft :P

But yeah, Basically I've added every fightercraft that I'm aware of. Though I'm probably missing a great number. And I know there's at least one in 158th I didn't add because there didn't seem to be a table for it. But yeah, anyway . . . note to modellers:

Quit making so many damn terrans! Make some Shivans and Vasudans, come on! Give them some love. Shivans need death dealing ships too. Geesh.  :lol:

But anyway, I also changed the format for the fighter section and made it into a table type of thing. I think it looks okay, but I'm not sure what resolution people are running, on a lower res it might be annoying but even on my res I left some space so I don't have to scroll over. Anyway let me know if that format looks cool or not. And remember I'm still probably planning to add a "ships by race" page so people can look at all the terrans together, or all teh vasudans, etcetera. Oh I just tested it on 800x640 and it looks okay. So no one living in our century should have a problem.

EDIT, I'm not sure about the credits for lots of models. If it's on the master shiplist, I got it. If there was a text file saying who did it, I got it, but I bunch I don't know. Off the top of my head:
GTF Kelpie
Everything from TVWP (listed under TF (terran fighter)).
All the INFA ships
GTF vampire
etcetera and so on

Also with regards to reskins, I'm not sure how to handle them. Should they also go on this page? With the models I  haven't been picky, some of them are honestly a little on the ugly side but I'm not there to judge, I'm just putting everything up that's around. But reskins are another matter. Some of them are okay, some of them are very forgettable. What do people think? I was thinking about adding say like the NTD Liberty . . . or potentially the EAD Majesty or whatever it is? EA? I dunno whatever.

But anyway, that's enough for one weekend. Damn

EDIT - note to Snail, I did use one of your edits as the base so it should be up to par and you shouldn't have to edit. Though I noticed I did make a few mistakes in the weapons. Dunno if I caught all of them (sometime's Id miss a "[" for example.

ALSO - someone want to look at the GTF Angel page? I dunno if I did that right according to what the consensus is. http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/GTF_Angel

If people are wondering, in general ships are listed alphabetically by:
Class
Faction
Name
Ship Author (if applicable)

Though with the fighters I didn't always adhere to that quite strictly, like if there's the TDr Firebee I just put it with the other TF fighters rather than at the head of the list in front of all the fighters. And for the terrans the alphabetical crap goes down one column and then starts on the other, I figured it's better than people having to move their eyes sideways diagonal down, sideways, diagonal down, etcetear. Instead just go down down down down, then right+up and down down down down down again :) Also it has the potential of requiring less editing if someone wants to maintain the alphabetical order. Though people can honestly  just tack it on on the bottom, and then when there's enough crap added someone can go in and fix it if anyone cares.

Oh, one more edit.
       Snail I noticed that you put like "Blue Planet Techroom Description" instead of just "Techroom". I didn't realise that initially and didn't do this for any of the ships :) But it's something that I can incorporate in future. Or maybe after I'm finished adding everything I have I can go back and fix 'em. I also did away with putting like "Inferno R1" in the red box over the weapon data since I'm not sure how many fighters are used more than once anyway. If someone else edits for example the techroom bit, it should be fairly clear where I got the ship from by whatever's listed in the download. The majority of ships only seem to be available in campaigns for the most part anyway.

But anyway, that's enough wikiing for one weekend for me. I'll do the Bombers next whenever I get time and work my way down.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 01:23:39 am by Akalabeth Angel »

Offline Droid803

Wait, so you've done the Shivans already? (doesn't look like it).
As for reskins, the GTFf Saphah got one. I'd guess you could include the good reskins in good campaigns, but not the crummy ones.
Also, for reskins of custom ships, I'd just add a section underneath saying 'variants' or something.
(´・ω・`)

Wait, so you've done the Shivans already? (doesn't look like it).
As for reskins, the GTFf Saphah got one. I'd guess you could include the good reskins in good campaigns, but not the crummy ones.
Also, for reskins of custom ships, I'd just add a section underneath saying 'variants' or something.

I added all the Shivans fighters.
      I'm just going to add the Shivans and Terrans together and format the sections as the fighters are now if no one disagrees. So the fighters are effectively done barring a slew of models I'm no doubt unaware of.
       If I just add all the different Shivans I'm going to have redo some stuff later on anyway for changing it to table mode so I might as well just add them both at the same time and get it over with.

Offline Droid803

Ah, ok.
Oh btw, the link on the big post is misspelled "GTTP". Might wanna fix.
(´・ω・`)

Ah, ok.
Oh btw, the link on the big post is misspelled "GTTP". Might wanna fix.

Done. Wierd there was a bunch of stuff in that hyperlink. Must have something to do with the wiki.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Akalabeth Angel... I hate you... So... Much... :snipe: :mad2:

Akalabeth Angel... I hate you... So... Much... :snipe: :mad2:

What all, exactly are you all doing in the edits? You changed the techroom thing to be "blue planet techroom desc" or whatever. And you changed the veteran comments to the bottom? And fixed a few mispellings? Is that it? I'm just asking so you don't have to fix anything in future. Communication is good.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well I was only joking, and I won't be doing that again anyway.

Well I was only joking, and I won't be doing that again anyway.

Well I just fixed all the techroom things so you don't have to. There's probably some more errors elsewhere though.
        Though if you could help with credits (ie INFA ships) that'd be cool.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 02:13:06 pm by Akalabeth Angel »

Okay question:

Is there a way to  have like "Fighters" and a line beneath it as it is now without bringing up this big ugly "TABLE OF CONTENTS" window whenever you try to edit it? What's up with that. If you do ==Fighters== does it automatically make that table?

Nevermind, I figured it out. Yay.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 04:55:16 pm by Akalabeth Angel »

for the shivans, i know one that has a lot of new ones... no more Titan speaking.

thanks, but i want cap ships too.  :P I'm still trying to find a bunch of things for something that will never get released. every two days i completely rewrite the story.  :P stinking ADD and Asbergurs (sp)
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

for the shivans, i know one that has a lot of new ones... no more Titan speaking.

thanks, but i want cap ships too.  :P I'm still trying to find a bunch of things for something that will never get released. every two days i completely rewrite the story.  :P stinking ADD and Asbergurs (sp)

Well if the mod's not released it doesn't go up on the page anyway. Sounds like INFA will come with some more vasudans and shivans, or their library pack or something. So that's good. Because the shivans in particular are looking pretty thin. But yeah I'll get to the capital ships eventually .  . maybe by next weekend. Bombers are next. But I got lots of RL work to do. Speaking of which . . .

don't worry, take your time. you deserve a break by now.

don't worry, take your time. you deserve a break by now.

Bombers are up http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/User-made_Ships

wow, i thought there were more terran bombers... i trust you got all of them.

wow, i thought there were more terran bombers... i trust you got all of them.

Probably not.
      I got everything that I'm aware of which has been released. Which is basically everything on sectorgame and freespacemods. Basically I downloaded all the campaigns off there, looked through all of the VP files and directories and whatever and made a list of new ships and then am taking from those lists and putting 'em up there. But if I miss anything let me know. (And I'm sure there are lots of things which I have missed or which people have but aren't available anymore)

The list of bombers looks about right btw, as most people do terrans and then most people do terran fighters before bombers so having about half as many bombers as fighters makes sense. The Vasudans and especially the Shivans are the ones who are really hurting for units. Though the Shivans perhaps need new units less so than most. I also didn't do all the reskins either, so the Jotun Adv no, though I should add the Amun Mark2 upgrade from PI sometime but I forgot so whatever. Reskins of existing FS1/FS2 units can be added at another time.

yeah, reskins are great. just add a new section.