Author Topic: Warzone Re-release  (Read 14485 times)

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Warzone has been re-released by the FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project.  A huge thanks to the FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project for their work on this.  I haven't played through it yet but I'm excited to see what they have done to bring one of my old campaigns back to life with the assistance of the latest in FreeSpace 2 SCP code breakthroughs.

For more information please check out their Warzone release thread.

Although not a direct sequel, Blackwater Operations is related to the Warzone story drawing on a small number of past events as well as notable ships and characters.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Maybe this forum should be renamed "Cold Element". All threads relevant to the CE Universe(like the release of Derelict) should then be moved here. This is just a suggestion... I hardly found out what Cold Element really was(despite knowingvery well each and all of the CE campaigns) so I guess how hard it'd be for newcomers and other HLP members to discover the CE Universe and realize that a given number of campaigns, either WIP or released, are part of the same continuity.

:)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

I'd better get through Warzone soonish before BWO is finished.

I hardly found out what Cold Element really was(despite knowingvery well each and all of the CE campaigns) so I guess how hard it'd be for newcomers and other HLP members to discover the CE Universe and realize that a given number of campaigns, either WIP or released, are part of the same continuity.

Does BWO make any references to events in any other mods/campaigns? I know that Derelict is part of the CE continuity.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
I'd better get through Warzone soonish before BWO is finished.

I hardly found out what Cold Element really was(despite knowingvery well each and all of the CE campaigns) so I guess how hard it'd be for newcomers and other HLP members to discover the CE Universe and realize that a given number of campaigns, either WIP or released, are part of the same continuity.

Does BWO make any references to events in any other mods/campaigns? I know that Derelict is part of the CE continuity.

We've been over this in other threads, but it takes from Warzone, Derelict and Twilight some hints. There is no "real" connection like A > B > C. Like FS, ST, FS2. None of that. But if you've played the other ones, you should get the references.

Also, Cold Element wise, this forum is really a BWO forum, but technically maybe we should look into either creating a Cold Element forum so all Derelict/Warzone/Twilight/Aftermath stuff goes there, or maybe just include it as a subtitle somewhere here.

Ok thanks BlackDove.

Offline Narvi

Hmmm, anyone know where to get an SCP version of Aftermath? I don't really want to eff around with a retail mod...

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Macfie released a version of Aftermath someplace.  My post New Year project will be a restored/updated Aftermath.  It is still WIP; not ready for release yet.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline SF-Junky

• Bread can mold, what can you do?
It is still WIP; not ready for release yet.
Tell if you need a playtester.

Offline Narvi

Was the Tatenen in this one named after the destroyed corvette in the main FS2 campaign, btw?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Probably. :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
Was the Tatenen in this one named after the destroyed corvette in the main FS2 campaign, btw?
Quite by accident actually.  I was going through Egyptian mythological names and that seemed like a good name for a ship.  It wasn't until I was replaying FS2 (after I had named the ship) that I noticed the name being used.  Fortunately for me the GVCv Tatenen was destroyed by the Sathanas.

So...sure...named after it :)
- IceFire

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Well, there was an Orion called the Myrmidon and a fighter class called the Myrmidon, so I don't see anything wrong there. ;)
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Speaking of the name Myrmidon, the time gap was considerable, though...the apparent problem is that the GVD Tatenen was already commissioned and active prior to the commission/destruction of the GVCv Tatenen.

But it doesn't matter. :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
Speaking of the name Myrmidon, the time gap was considerable, though...the apparent problem is that the GVD Tatenen was already commissioned and active prior to the commission/destruction of the GVCv Tatenen.

But it doesn't matter. :)

Why would the Tatenen be commissioned before the destruction of the GVCv Tatenen?
- IceFire

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Tatenen's a nice name for a (horizontally-challenged) destroyer. Leave it. :nod:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Why would the Tatenen be commissioned before the destruction of the GVCv Tatenen?

It might have been commissioned when there already was a ship named Tatenen(a Sobek), the construction of destroyers takes a while.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3

It might have been commissioned when there already was a ship named Tatenen(a Sobek), the construction of destroyers takes a while.
Sure...but they may build the ship and then name it later.  Maybe it was commissioned a month after the old Tatenen's destruction...
- IceFire

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Err, I don't think they name a ship only after its completion... :nervous: ;)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.

USS YORKTOWN (CV-10) is a good example.  She was laid down with the name BON HOMME RICHARD, but it was changed to YORKTOWN after the earlier carrier (CV-5) was sunk.  There are many other examples.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.