Author Topic: Joystick Calibration in Mac OS X 10.5  (Read 21232 times)

Joystick Calibration in Mac OS X 10.5
My Logitech Attack 3 joystick is pitching way, way up when centred; it's clearly in need of calibration under OS X, but I have no idea how to go about calibrating a joystick in Leopard. Apple doesn't give us a handy-dandy game controller preference pane. :-( I have other issues, like suspecting that it's stuck at 800x600 resolution, and none of the other installed campaigns are showing-up in-game. >.< (I installed FS2 on a virtual Windows XP SP2 machine, then copied the files to OS X, then used Turey's installer to install everything else sans Windows and Linux executables to that folder.)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 03:10:20 am by Lobo »

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: Jostick Calibration in Mac OS X 10.5
No idea on the joystick but the mods will not show up in game until they are selected in the launcher or added to the command line using the -mod flag.  Check this forum for launcher info.  http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/board,113.0.html
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Okay, feel silly for missing the launcher. That solves that problem, but I still need to fix the joystick issue. >.<

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Did the stick come with drivers/software?  If not try the website to see if there are any. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Re: Joystick Calibration in Mac OS X 10.5
Hi,

I have the same issue. I do play the original fs2 with 3.6.9-RC7 and 20060427 fs2_open releases. There the joystick works as expected. At the beginning of the first mission you fly it is unconfigured and the ship is stumbling in all directions, then you pull the maximum in each direction and put the throttle from full to zero. Then the stick is configured correctly. However the autocallibration part is missing in newer releases which results in unplayable behavior. It would be really nice if you could fix this issue, because the old releases have some major graphic glitches ;)

Thanks for reading.

Edit:
Did the stick come with drivers/software?  If not try the website to see if there are any. 
In Mac OS the joystick callibration is completly left to the game/application.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 10:01:42 am by Garibaldi »

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
in windows in the launcher there is an option to calibrate the joystick this leads you back to te windows calibration tool not the ingame one (i dont believe there is one )
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

That is right Windows provides such a tool, however, Mac OS X does not.
Previous versions of FS2_Open did autocalibrate the stick while using it (see the previous post). Since most Sticks need some kind of calibration I think it is necessary to reenable this feature at least in the mac version.

I have the same joystick problem

is it possible for me to use an older launcher of FS open to access the auto calibration feature?

I have downloaded and installed USB Overdrive (http://www.usboverdrive.com/USBOverdrive/News.html) which seems to solve all the problems (once you configure it). I'm using an older Saitek Cyborg 3D Gold stick and have all the buttons and axes working great.

I know this thread is long gone, but I'm having exactly the same issue - I'm running OS X Mavericks and FSO works fine, and it recognizes my Saitek 3D Gold USB joystick, but it constantly drifts down and to the left. USB Overdrive doesn't change anything; when it's enabled than it's not recognized at all. Anybody have any ideas? I've tried plugging the joystick in before and after starting the wxlauncher, and it doesn't make any difference. Thanks -