Author Topic: Anyone doing the Boanerges?  (Read 59682 times)

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Re: Anyone doing the Boanerges?
Yes but the consensus was it fits lighter, more agile craft better. And traditionally with bombers, pilots sit side-by-side as co-operation between bomber crews usually involved crew members being able to take over jobs for the other, so they would need to be in the same space so to speak.
Side by side looks too cramped. It has heaps of vertical space to have the second pilot/nav behind and raised.

Well as was said before, side by side fits a heavy, lumbering bomber more than a sleek single file design does. And the Ursa's cockpit is thin compared to the rest of it, dictating an F-14 style cockpit.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
The second pilot would be able to take control of the ship while being behind as well... Kinda. And having a cockpit view off-center would be annoying. Very annoying.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
The second pilot would be able to take control of the ship while being behind as well... Kinda. And having a cockpit view off-center would be annoying. Very annoying.

It would only be minor

and side-by-side allows for close co-operation between the crew

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever

It would only be minor

I'll agree to that if the second pilot is a woman.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.

It would only be minor

I'll agree to that if the second pilot is a woman.

I would abolish seat-belts if the second pilot was a woman :)

Right. Here's the model and the texture; normals and AO will have to be in a double-post. I know that the texture is in a JPG format, but it was the only way to get it to fit within the 1024KB max. The quality is high enough that there is no real difference.

The model detail0 still has all the subsystem helpers correctly attached to it. The glass and the cockpit are separate objects, in case anyone wanted to change them.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

And here are the normals and ambient occlusion maps.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Thanks for the UVmaps! Will the .pof model be next?
Got Shivans? The SOC Ezechiel is the schnitzel! Don't leave base without it.

I have no idea how to get models into or out of POF files. Someone else will have to put my stuff together.

I'm a bit preoccupied right now as some little **** hacked my Steam account. I wish I was joking.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
That normal map (even as a PNG, thank you) shows a lot of interesting issues.

The Diffuse, it would be nice to see a clean PNG version instead of the JPG. I also notice it has quite a lot of dithering in it.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

That normal map (even as a PNG, thank you) shows a lot of interesting issues.

The Diffuse, it would be nice to see a clean PNG version instead of the JPG. I also notice it has quite a lot of dithering in it.

The dithering you see is noise that I added to give it a rough texture. Clean colours looked too pristine.

Here's the unaltered, noisless diffuse for you, not that it's worth using.

[attachment deleted by evil Tolwyn]

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
You'd be surprised. Thank you.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
It looks like a Vasudan face...

Nice model work though :)

Offline Skarab

I've been watching the progression on this, as well as the Artemis and Colly, with great interest.  How are they all coming along?  My hard drive hungers for them, you see, and if I don't appease it soon I dont' know what might happen.

Well, they'll probably be in the 3.6.11 mediavps. So you'll have to be patient.

Offline Skarab

But my hard drive is a cruel taskmaster and will not accept this!   
In all seriousness, as much as I do want to see these models (and more) in game, I've got enough patience to see what the modellers & texturers can do with whatever amount of time they need.  It sure beats anything 'rushed to market' so to say.

Slightly unrelated, I've not coded a thing since being on an old apple2 back in high school... are there any links that lead to some sort of noob-friendly tutorial about how to make a model for fsopen?  Starting from scratch, of course... making them model itself and getting that part done right, texturing, the whole 9 yards.  That'd be something I'd spend a lot of time messing with.  Who knows, something like that might generate some extra modellers/texturers for further updates

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I will try to convert your model up after I get to computer with Truespace.
Of course if somebody other want to do it ,no problem.
I will release it after conversion ,so you will not have to wait until 3.6.11 mediavps.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
I still think it needs some more details modeled in :doubt:

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I have to announce you to don't count on me with this conversion ,because I'm gonna lost access to Truespace and won't be able to continue until I get a new one ,and I want to start over ,so don't expect it converted soon.
Somebody else can do this conversion ,of course I will try to convert it when it will be possible ,but it will be not possible for some time.  :)
People deserve HTL Boanerges ,I cannot do it anytime soon ,so maybe somebody other.
My previous one was messed up because of TS3 ,now I'm going to get TS7.6
I wish good luck to any converter who wants to do this ship. :yes:

Any news on this? It looks promising. I'm one of the few that actually flies the Boa.