Author Topic: Welcome & Questions Thread  (Read 8310 times)

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Re: Welcome & Questions Thread
Question: how are you going to handle some of the exotic weapons like the corona device or the tractor beam?

Excellent work on figuring out the sappers on the other hand... :nod:

Also, can you use see-through/transparent textures for the ripstar crystals?

Tractor beam I think there's already a similar weapon in FS2, for the Corona device, I don't really know.  :P

Ripstar crystals? Are you referring to the KC2 crystals (the glowing crystals in a GalSpan mission) or the ripstars themselves?
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline starlord

sorry: the KC2 crystals you actually showed screens of...

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
KC2 was actually just one crystal model, the pretty much were all the same with different textures
and sizes. Transparency I don't know. I've stayed sorta on top of the cloaking threads in the last few years
and I have made a completely clear texture for one of the powerups.... if not I imagine we can fake
a semi translucent texture without a great deal of issue. Refracting light inside a model - I don't think FS2's lighting
was designed for at all.

Tractor beam Backslash did years ago, both a pull and push actually.

Corona device is a little funky, not because of the size/blast image/instant splosion... but because
the darn thing shouldn't cause you damage. None the less, I think there's a weapons flag or something
that will make it work. If not I'll make it into a blast wave with a min and max distance damage.

Sappers are kinda easy really, most of their functions are already in FS2.

Charging weps like the solaris are actually harder, but I know there's some threads around here about
that specific thing.
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
It's actually not hard to pull of a cloaked/translucent effect. See the Fura'ngle in Wings of Dawn.

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Hmm, I'll be sure to start on the crystals as soon as I'm done with my beginner assignment (the NavBuoy).

Keep an eye out for some pic's in the near future.  :)
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline starlord

How do you actually make the sappers dock? is it somewhat similar to the shivan attacking your fighter in silent threat reborn in "he who rides the tiger"?

Offline -Norbert-

There is no Shivan in that mission, unless they recently changed it. It's just an event that destroys your hull if you don't do something against it (either just hitting the afterburner, or surpassing a certain speed threshold, not sure which).
The only ingame Shivan model(s) I ever saw was in Vassagos Dirge.

Offline starlord

Oh? I thought there was an actual projectile...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Oh? I thought there was an actual projectile...

Nope, not to my knowledge.

Offline MrRstar

Just posting to say Hi.

Hi!

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
 :nervous:

[borrows FSO's welcome beam]

:welcome:
chief1983

------------

Credit Plants! CP CP CP!