Author Topic: Image Sigs  (Read 8876 times)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
There's been a surge in image sigs since the forum upgrade. For the new members who've only joined recently, you need to know that these are frowned upon, and will be disallowed eventually again. For those of you who've been here while, you should know better. So can we do a little bit of self-regulation and stick to the old rules unil the admins can get around to reimplementing the old controls?
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Shade

I believe certain admins have also threatened to do horrible things indeed to those experienced members who know the rules yet choose to flaunt them during this window of opportunity. So, use those sigs at your own risk.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
I'll quote karajorma on that one:

Yeah, those members are on karas watchlist, for this crime.  :P

It appears that some people are using a server that is blocked in China for image sigs. The result is that I can't see them.

If the sigs bother you though just report the user and anvils will drop on them from a great height.

Enjoy your sigs folks, they wont last long.  :P

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
The guidelines don't say anything about sig pics. :p

Seriously, removing those pics would show some common sense.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I actually haven't seen any...

Offline Satellight

• Star Dreamer
Hem... Personnaly, I think that customized (and unreadable) fonts are more disturbing  :drevil:
Never far away from HLP and from a computer with an installed FreeSpace.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Okay, I've disabled the [img] and [lvlshot] tags in signatures.  It should no longer be possible to include images.

Offline Topgun

Unreadable fonts are worse.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
Neg, they are still visible on some users.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Ok, I'm done with colors. I'll use them only at the beginning of my release threads*, if there will ever be any.

*and my signature, of course.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Neg, they are still visible on some users.
Images in signatures?  If so, provide a link.

Offline Topgun

Ok, I'm done with colors. I'll use them only at the beginning of my release threads*, if there will ever be any.

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War

:D
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq

that's the first post of yours I've been able to read in forever
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The guidelines don't say anything about sig pics. :p

For the same reason the guidelines don't say anything about reaching through the wires to slap people who say something stupid.

Until recently image sigs were turned off. Now they are allowed by the theme but not by the admins. Consider this the final warning I'm giving on the subject.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Belisarius

• I will not give up my ship!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Legends of Middleearth
Just one thing I'd like to mention is that the signature images aren't allowed, because they'd sidetrack you from the postings, but large signature, in height, also sidetrack imensely. So this nice scrollbar feature for the sig would help to solve that problem as well. :)

Offline Shade

Just one thing I'd like to mention is that the signature images aren't allowed, because they'd sidetrack you from the postings, but large signature, in height, also sidetrack imensely. So this nice scrollbar feature for the sig would help to solve that problem as well. :)

As it happens, HLP had exactly that until the emergency upgrade - And before that was implemented, overly huge sigs were often trimmed down by force if the owners refused to shorten them. So, chances are good you'll see it back when Sandwich gets the new theme into place.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
The scrolling sigs was removed because as you scrolled down the page to read, when the mouse was over a scrolling sig only the sig would scroll, so it made reading a pain in the balls.
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
The scrolling sigs was removed because as you scrolled down the page to read, when the mouse was over a scrolling sig only the sig would scroll, so it made reading a pain in the balls.
Incorrect. Scrolling sigs were removed because they are part of the forum theme, and since the forums are still using SMF default you're not seeing it. You can also avoid the scrolling issue if you keep your mouse cursor to left or right side of posts.

Images on sigs have been prevented by other measures new to SMF 2.0, which do not require changes to forum theme like what was done in SMF 1.1.