Author Topic: Blue Planet WIH Multiplayer Missions  (Read 2697 times)

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
Blue Planet WIH Multiplayer Missions
The first test has concluded. Thanks to everyone who participated.

I have been working on some multiplayer missions for Blue Planet WIH and It's time to do some testing. Right now it's 4 dogfighting missions and one Coop. If anyone is interested in participating in the test, post a reply in this thread and we will try to arrange a time that works for everyone. Consider this a 'Sneak Peek' for a BP:WIH multiplayer mission pack that is going to be released... in due time.

One dogfight mission involves Karunas, that's right... Dogfighting Karunas

Other missions feature fighters and weapons from the Blue Planet WIH modpack. So get ready for Uriels swooping and Vulcans blazing!

Once enough interested parties are available we will form a testing group and select a time that works for everyone, I will update this post with a list of interested players as they appear.

Interested Testers: (Test Concluded)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 08:57:50 pm by bigchunk1 »
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Re: Blue Planet WIH Multiplayer Missions
That sounds like a lot of fun. I have come to expect great things from you guys due to the great quality of your mods (background, plot, ships, everything) I look forward to the possibility of multiplayer :D
Creator of Black Sun Corporation, the leading manufacturer of modern warfare.

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
Cool. Does that mean you are interestred in being in the test group?
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Well if BP is serious about doing multiplayer I don't know who if anyone is a MULTI liaison.  If there isn't one you need to assign one.   That would be the first step in getting things up and running.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Oh man more stuff to do

well so far this is a fan project but yeah, it'd be cool

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Well if BP is serious about doing multiplayer I don't know who if anyone is a MULTI liaison.  If there isn't one you need to assign one.   That would be the first step in getting things up and running.

*cough*
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

It's hard to say if I would even be able to. I can't easily test my connection ingame with other players as no one seems to be online (multiplayer) when I want to play. :/ So, while it would be awesome to be in a test group, I have no idea whether I'd be able. :/
Creator of Black Sun Corporation, the leading manufacturer of modern warfare.

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
Here is where you should go to ask about any multiplayer games. http://wbe04.mibbit.com/?settings=b73fe961ed217d9a3cbd9637dc7ba9bf&server=irc.esper.net&channel=%23hard-light&noServerTab=false

People prettymuch always go here first and arrange a game before even logging onto FSO online. Just make sure to use your HLP name so people know who you are.

As far as the test group is concerned, I'll put you on as a maybe for now. I have sent PMs to interested members and we will arrange a time hopefully sometime next weekend.

Also, just as a precaution, be sure you have done the steps listed here to ensure you are ready to play online. http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=63609.0 You don't need to do step#2 unless you want to host.
BP Multi
The Antagonist

Offline Shade

I'd be happy to help with testing if you need more warm bodies to throw at it.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!

Sounds interesting. Can I join?
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline jedimasterseth

• ~#fLinT#~
    • MySpace
another volunteer available!
Jedimasterseth a.k.a FLINT

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
There is no test planned in the near future, but there was an impromptu test last Sunday. Developers are also testing on and off all the time.

Right now BP Multi is considered a 'community' project. If you want to get involved... you can!

See this thread for more details http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=73966.msg1461312#msg1461312
BP Multi
The Antagonist

Offline jedimasterseth

• ~#fLinT#~
    • MySpace
available now for testing! also tomorrow (sunday)
Jedimasterseth a.k.a FLINT