Author Topic: New theme issues  (Read 242606 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
How do I reply to PMs?

ATM you can't, the buttons are gone. Copy and paste your quote manually and use the PM button under the name. I guess, the PM system will also get some popup buttons like the normal post, it's just they currently do not popup :)
Ah, cool

New theme password boxes... issue
Hey gang, the text box on resetting the login password is white and the characters are white too.
Just thought I would let you know  :D
I kept typing and typing and clicking going "wth?" lol

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
On the moderator panel, the moderation option buttons for a reported post are not 404 and they have no tooltip.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Code: [Select]
This is a readability test. Try to read this without highlighting the contents.

And putting here as I just discovered that the other thread is in GenDisc (which means no further participation from me there):

Might be a nice option if it can be pulled off.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 07:36:28 am by Zacam »
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
*cough*

No Admin reply on this yet :

When I enter my private messages, there aren't any "reply" or "quote" buttons anymore. Just for your information

Has this been noticed ? Just poking with a stick :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
You can switch back to default SMF theme if you need to send PM's until its fixed.

Edit: Culurz added
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 01:18:07 am by Fury »

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
You forgot your colors, fury!

Also thanks for ensuring you can actually get to the correct post when you click for the last one.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Noticed that the horizontal menu in the moderator panel isn't visible until you hover over it. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Noticed that if you go to your profile, personal messaging and select display personal messages as a conversation you get a reply all button, which allows you to reply to messages. Just double-check the recipients so you won't accidentally send pm's to more people than intended.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Just to let everyone know, I'll probably only be working on the theme on the weekends, which is why nothing has been changed theme-wise since last weekend.

It would be a tremendous help if you all could gather the various issues with the theme together into one page, like somewhere on the Wiki or something. Separate them into 3 categories: 1) Showstoppers; 2) Things that should be fixed; and 3) Things you would like to see changed. If possible, link to examples where appropriate.

That will help me knock things off the list a whole bunch easier than wading through forum posts. :) Thanks!
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I don't think polluting FSWiki with such would be a good idea. Having them all listed in this topic should suffice.

So I'll report mine here as well.
- Show unread posts since last visit doesn't seem to always pick all unread posts since last visit. Clicking on All unread topics reveals a lot more updated topics since last visit. I'm not exactly sure when it works and when it doesn't.
- A lot of people on irc have reported that links to posts aren't working. Such as http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=73803.msg1460630#msg1460630
Which is odd because they work fine for me.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 10:53:31 am by Fury »

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The Moderation Center buttons are SMF standard and the instruction box still has a white background but light grey letters.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
I've had an extra scrollbar for the highlights since the forum theme change:

Using Opera.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
If you use the "code" tags, the background is also still the bright colour. Just mention it, so you can put it on your list.
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Shade

Showstoppers: Can't think of any that haven't been mentioned already.

Fixes:
- Having scrollbars for overly long sigs rather than the current 'expands on mouseover' would be nice, as the longer ones actually obscure posts below them (and in one case, several posts below them). Your own sig is a minor example of this, being long enough to obscure the quote button for the post below yours.

Wishlist:
- Removal of the image that accompanies hyperlinks within a post. It annoys me for some reason.
- Navigation bar restored... though you already plan to do that. But hey, it's my wishlist.
- Autoscaling height for the highlight boxes, so there isn't a large grey lump under each. Or at least reduced to four lines' worth of height, which should be enough to work with.
- Link to outbox as well as inbox in the messages dropdown menu.
- A way to collapse or otherwise hide the huge orange news block at the top of the forums. Assuming that isn't just a temporary thing to make sure noone misses the fact that the theme is temporary, of course.

Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Thread anchors are confirmed to be broken.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Code: (Happy Dance!) [Select]
I will do a happy dance,
for I'm a happy man.

I am also a Sandwich meat-shield
for this makes me happy
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.

Offline Qent

Woot code boxes are readable now! :D Thanks!

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
A lot of people are still reporting that direct links to posts are broken. I haven't got a clue why that would be because they've always worked for me. If any of you who are having problems with post links, can you try if it works with default SMF theme? It can be switched to from your own profile settings.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature

Tested, confirmed. It goes to first post of the page holding the linked message.

As well, when "Modifying" a message, upon return, it jumps to the first post on the page instead of at the modified post. Also under Default.

¤[D+¬>