Author Topic: WC: Hostile Frontier is looking for new members!  (Read 7378 times)

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
WC: Hostile Frontier is looking for new members!
Modders, report for duty! The Wing Commander: Hostile Frontier team is looking for more people to help complete this mod, give feedback on how to improve it, test and polish it, and get it out the doors.

Wing Commander: Hostile Frontier is a Wing Commander fan project that aims to create an awesome FSO/WC gaming experience based on the novel Wing Commander: False Colors.  The beginning of the demo campaign of the mod is set right after the ending of Wing Commander 3 and before the prologue of False Colors.  The player takes the role of Jonathan "Rider" Darrel as he joins the Free Republic of the Landreich Navy as an academy-fresh rookie.  Jonathan's first assignment is aboard the FRLS Independence, but little does he know what he is in for...

We would like you to have a little bit of experience in Freespace modding before you join the team.  For example, FREDers interesting in joining should have completed the FRED walkthrough, texturers should know the basics of GIMP or Photoshop, etc.  Of course, if you're a Wing Commander fan who knows a lot about the WC universe, that's a nice bonus, but even if you don't know anything about the WC universe, that's OK as well.  Perhaps you might learn something more about WC while you're on the team.

Here are some of the positions that we need filled:
1. Mission designer/FREDder (POSITION IN HIGH DEMAND)
2. Script/dialogue writer
3. Playtester

Modellers, texture artists, FX artists, CGI animators, and German/English Translators are welcome as well.

Note (as of June 2, 2011): People interested in writing for Wing Commander: Hostile Frontier, whether it is in-mission dialogue, briefings, or intermission fiction must submit at least one small sample of their writing.  Please send me a private message on the HLP forums or send an e-mail to the address below:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 09:34:20 pm by Talon 1024 »
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Re: WC: Hostile Frontier is looking for new members!
Playtester with a bit of texture skills reporting for duty.  :)
I'm a huge WC fan and a modder as well.

Offline Talon 1024

• Mods, Games, and Stuff
Welcome aboard, Dragon. :)
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).

Offline Ouch

We would like you to have a little bit of experience in Freespace modding before you join the team.  For example, FREDers interesting in joining should have completed the FRED walkthrough, texturers should know the basics of GIMP or Photoshop, etc.  Of course, if you're a Wing Commander fan who knows a lot about the WC universe, that's a nice bonus, but even if you don't know anything about the WC universe, that's OK as well.  Perhaps you might learn something more about WC while you're on the team.

I would like to try my hand. My background in tabletop writing probably would lend itself to the mission and dialog, but I'd like to give textures a whirl as well.  I will need some tool handholding ( not with the paintbox, but with any image conversion, etc ) until I get the pattern(s) down. I expect the existing tutorials will probably be enough.

I'm always complaining about the lack of games like WC/Starlancer, I suppose this best way to try to do something about it. :)

Offline Talon 1024

• Mods, Games, and Stuff
My background in tabletop writing probably would lend itself to the mission and dialog, but I'd like to give textures a whirl as well.
Thank you.  I'm certainly going to need help with the written part of the mod.  I'm happy with the way the textures are now, but if you have any ideas on how to improve them, go ahead.  Speaking of textures, though, I'm hoping to finish writing up a texturing tutorial soon.

I will need some tool handholding ( not with the paintbox, but with any image conversion, etc ) until I get the pattern(s) down. I expect the existing tutorials will probably be enough.
I could walk you through that stuff, if need be.

Also...
:welcome:
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 05:51:46 pm by Talon 1024 »