Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Campaign/Mod Idea  (Read 12961 times)

Offline Pilot Solaris

• This will likely hurt.
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Campaign/Mod Idea
So, I was just wandering through the posts here on Hardlight and noticed a Brony Thread.  Being a big Brony myself, I decided to bring this idea with me:
A Campaign/Mod for Freespace 2 set in the same universe as FS2 during the Post-Capella Era, with the Mane 6 (you play as Twilight Sparkle), some of the minor characters (think Derpy, Big Mac, possibly Doctor Whooves) and a few OCs (I'm sorry), a species to serve as the counterpart to the Equestrians (Canids), the return of Nightmare Moon, some Shivans, and a lot of new ships.  Whaddya think?
Though Discord reigns and no one is free, remember these words, and you shall see--Generosity, Laughter, Honesty, Kindness, Magic, Loyalty--that through all things good will be.  UNLEASH THE ELEMENTS OF HARMONY! --The Creed of Harmony
We have to give everything--even if that means our lives.  We will stop at nothing.  We will fight... for the lost! --Cmdr. Shepard, Mass Effect 2 / I know why the Ancient Ones were destroyed, and I know what they knew.  I knew that if it were not for the Shivans they would've perished long before.  Without the Shivans someone would've discovered the Ancient Ones in their infancy and eliminated them, just as surely as they eliminated countless billions of others.  I believe that it is only the destroyers that are killed.  The Shivans are the Great Destroyers, but they are also the Great Preservers.  That is why when we moved into space there was no one powerful enough to kill us.  Long had we been the destroyer--our turn had nearly come.  In the Vasudan War we learned how to adapt, we learned how to study our enemy, we learned how to overcome, and we learned how to survive.  And so we did.  All the Jump Nodes to Earth are gone, but the Shivans can rebuild them.  I am told we can expect them again, but not in my lifetime.  Such is liberation. --The Player Character at the end of Descent  Freespace:  The Great War / There is little left for us.  Little time.  But much irony.  We did discover that they are not invulnerable.  The destroyers that darkened our skies like a plague can be harmed--but we have no way to deliver the hurt.  We have the knowledge, but not the means.  And so this is our legacy:  In Subspace they cannot use their shields.  And into Subspace they can be tracked. --The final monologue of the Ancients in Descent Freespace:  The Great War

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Campaign/Mod Idea
 :sigh:

If this happens before BWO, I might jump on Nuke's bandwagon.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
LOL.

I don't know about a mod, but why don't you pay JAD forums a visit, maybe someone there will listen to your... particular idea.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Qent

I doubt that this has the potential to progress beyond a joke campaign.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
You'd be surprised Qent, I'm no Brony but I've got friends who are and their is the whole New Lunar Republic movement within brony culture, which has developed RP spin offs (In part due to a friend of mine creating This image)
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Sorry for asking this... but what the heck do they use as weapons in that pic?

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)

I dunno. Dude... how do Ponies use weapons? No opposable thumbs or fingers.

I mean, I think the unicorns can use magic or some ****, but I dunno.

They're bronies, logic does not compute with them where their ponies are concerned.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
They are bronies! They don't need weapons!

You should more worry about the question: How are bronies supposed to operate capital ships and fighters?
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline Qent

Bronies have two opposable thumbs each. Ponies have none.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I just had a brainstorm! Mouth operated equipment! :P

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
  • VI OR DEATH! DOWN WITH EMACS!
Helmet-based EEG-actuated electro-relay controls-for every-thing! Ta-Daaa!
Error: ls.rnd.sig.txt not found

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)

That's often used by the fan writers, and still makes no gorramn sense!

<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Useful Dave

• I'm Useful

They still make more sense than the euclidean geometries required for lesbian ponies, 'eh?

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)

They still make more sense than the euclidean geometries required for lesbian ponies, 'eh?

*Ravenholme goes and gibbers quietly to himself in a corner

<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline watsisname

wat
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline Pilot Solaris

• This will likely hurt.
They use ship-based weapons (i.e. Flak Cannons, Lasers, etc.) and their troops' guns are utilized by using their fore-hooves.
What, did you think that I didn't think about that?
Though Discord reigns and no one is free, remember these words, and you shall see--Generosity, Laughter, Honesty, Kindness, Magic, Loyalty--that through all things good will be.  UNLEASH THE ELEMENTS OF HARMONY! --The Creed of Harmony
We have to give everything--even if that means our lives.  We will stop at nothing.  We will fight... for the lost! --Cmdr. Shepard, Mass Effect 2 / I know why the Ancient Ones were destroyed, and I know what they knew.  I knew that if it were not for the Shivans they would've perished long before.  Without the Shivans someone would've discovered the Ancient Ones in their infancy and eliminated them, just as surely as they eliminated countless billions of others.  I believe that it is only the destroyers that are killed.  The Shivans are the Great Destroyers, but they are also the Great Preservers.  That is why when we moved into space there was no one powerful enough to kill us.  Long had we been the destroyer--our turn had nearly come.  In the Vasudan War we learned how to adapt, we learned how to study our enemy, we learned how to overcome, and we learned how to survive.  And so we did.  All the Jump Nodes to Earth are gone, but the Shivans can rebuild them.  I am told we can expect them again, but not in my lifetime.  Such is liberation. --The Player Character at the end of Descent  Freespace:  The Great War / There is little left for us.  Little time.  But much irony.  We did discover that they are not invulnerable.  The destroyers that darkened our skies like a plague can be harmed--but we have no way to deliver the hurt.  We have the knowledge, but not the means.  And so this is our legacy:  In Subspace they cannot use their shields.  And into Subspace they can be tracked. --The final monologue of the Ancients in Descent Freespace:  The Great War

Offline Pilot Solaris

• This will likely hurt.
They are bronies! They don't need weapons!

You should more worry about the question: How are bronies supposed to operate capital ships and fighters?
First, and foremost:  It's Ponies,  Not Bronies.
Secondly:  I'm kind of using traits of Ponies from the earlier generations (G1-G3.5, which had Ponies that were more human than their G4 counterparts as in they had humanlike abilities, such as gripping things with their fore-hooves), making them more ample at operating weapons, capships, and fighters.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Ah, so you've been following MLP for quite a while now... Most bronies are FiM only I believe.

Offline Qent

I'm FIM-only and I can accept that ponies can grip anything with their hooves and have lesbian sex. My issue is that there will be nothing resembling a pony in the mod, so... what's the MLP part? If it's the storyline then why are you flying a space fighter?

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
My issue is that there will be nothing resembling a pony in the mod...
Custom pilot .ANI's. 'Nuff said.