Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Campaign/Mod Idea  (Read 12941 times)

Offline Pilot Solaris

• This will likely hurt.
Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Campaign/Mod Idea
I'm FIM-only and I can accept that ponies can grip anything with their hooves and have lesbian sex. My issue is that there will be nothing resembling a pony in the mod, so... what's the MLP part? If it's the storyline then why are you flying a space fighter?
First of all:  Yes, custom ANI files for Pilots would be the best thing to use for the mod, IF it ever gets past conceptualization phase.
Secondly:  You're flying a Space Fighter because it's FREESPACE.  That's all there really is to it!
Though Discord reigns and no one is free, remember these words, and you shall see--Generosity, Laughter, Honesty, Kindness, Magic, Loyalty--that through all things good will be.  UNLEASH THE ELEMENTS OF HARMONY! --The Creed of Harmony
We have to give everything--even if that means our lives.  We will stop at nothing.  We will fight... for the lost! --Cmdr. Shepard, Mass Effect 2 / I know why the Ancient Ones were destroyed, and I know what they knew.  I knew that if it were not for the Shivans they would've perished long before.  Without the Shivans someone would've discovered the Ancient Ones in their infancy and eliminated them, just as surely as they eliminated countless billions of others.  I believe that it is only the destroyers that are killed.  The Shivans are the Great Destroyers, but they are also the Great Preservers.  That is why when we moved into space there was no one powerful enough to kill us.  Long had we been the destroyer--our turn had nearly come.  In the Vasudan War we learned how to adapt, we learned how to study our enemy, we learned how to overcome, and we learned how to survive.  And so we did.  All the Jump Nodes to Earth are gone, but the Shivans can rebuild them.  I am told we can expect them again, but not in my lifetime.  Such is liberation. --The Player Character at the end of Descent  Freespace:  The Great War / There is little left for us.  Little time.  But much irony.  We did discover that they are not invulnerable.  The destroyers that darkened our skies like a plague can be harmed--but we have no way to deliver the hurt.  We have the knowledge, but not the means.  And so this is our legacy:  In Subspace they cannot use their shields.  And into Subspace they can be tracked. --The final monologue of the Ancients in Descent Freespace:  The Great War

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
That's not enough... we need pony shaped starships. :P

Offline Qent

I'm FIM-only and I can accept that ponies can grip anything with their hooves and have lesbian sex. My issue is that there will be nothing resembling a pony in the mod, so... what's the MLP part? If it's the storyline then why are you flying a space fighter?
First of all:  Yes, custom ANI files for Pilots would be the best thing to use for the mod, IF it ever gets past conceptualization phase.
Secondly:  You're flying a Space Fighter because it's FREESPACE.  That's all there really is to it!
So what is the MLP part? The only serious concepts that I can imagine so far are (a) a fanfic TC that has Equestria and all the characters we know and love, but duking it out in spaceships, or (b) a race that resembles horses from Earth, but aren't (sort of like many Master of Orion I races), and they have some ancient mythology that predicts the coming of the Shivans and how to defeat them, but happens to have clear similarities to MLP.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
So what is the MLP part? The only serious concepts that I can imagine so far are (a) a fanfic TC that has Equestria and all the characters we know and love, but duking it out in spaceships, or (b) a race that resembles horses from Earth, but aren't (sort of like many Master of Orion I races), and they have some ancient mythology that predicts the coming of the Shivans and how to defeat them, but happens to have clear similarities to MLP.

Or Equestria in it's distant, grim future where there is only war. Or the whole New Lunar Republic movement. Or... any kind of plot that can be used to boot FiM into space.

Is Fallout: Equestria no longer MLP because it's set in the future post-"nuke" and has none of the original characters?
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Qent

Or you can ditch the original characters, sure. It's still a fanfic TC.

Offline Pilot Solaris

• This will likely hurt.

Or Equestria in it's distant, grim future where there is only war. Or the whole New Lunar Republic movement. Or... any kind of plot that can be used to boot FiM into space.

Is Fallout: Equestria no longer MLP because it's set in the future post-"nuke" and has none of the original characters?
@Ravenholme:  Fallout:  Equestria is still MLP.  Good call.  However, I do have a plot all planned out that does contain several of the original characters (Princesses Celestia, Princess Luna, the Mane 6 (Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy), the Wonderbolts (specifically Spitfire and Soarin', there are other Wonderbolts but they are not from the past), Derpy Hooves, Doctor Whooves, Big Macintosh (Eeyup), Nightmare Moon, etc.), and some OCs.  I can't tell you all the details, but I can tell you a brief history of the world that I'm designing (a full description of the main campaign will come later):
2010:  Return and defeat of Nightmare Moon, return of Princess Luna
2010:  War of Discord, one of the bloodiest wars ever fought in Equestrian history
2011:  Grand Galloping Gala, return and defeat of Discord
2014:  Several Ponies are sealed into cryogenic sleep
2050:  First space probe sent out into orbit from secret base in Equestria
2123:  First Equestrian-made Object leaves Equestrian Home System
2140:  Fourth Griffin and Sixth Manticore Wars drive Manticores and Griffins to extinction on Equestria
2200:  First Manned flight made, stays in orbit for 3 days
2254:  First major space station built in orbit around Equestria
2300:  The Moon is colonized and marks the beginning of Equestrian influence in space
2304:  Just 4 years after the Moon is colonized other planets are quickly colonized in the Equestria System
2310:  First extrasolar colony is established on Foxtrot-102 C, 2 light years away from Equestria
2314:  Princess Luna banished to Prison Colony on Locust-654 E, 5 light years away from Equestria
2315:  Solar Empire established and becomes tolitarian, like the Dominion
2319:  The Solar Empire reaches a maximum distance it can colonize before the crew dies off and cryogenics fail
2322:  The Solar Empire's final colony count is at a grand total of...10, with the furthest out being 10 LY away
2325:  The New Lunar Republic is founded, spreads to 3 Star Systems
2330:  Scientists discover instantaneous intersystem communications ability through use of Tachyons
2335:  Equestrians discover Subspace, Solar Empire doubles in growth, as does the NLR
2335:  Events of Freespace 1
2339:  New Lunar Republic reorganized as Galactic Equestrian Alliance
2342:  GEA doctrine of freedom from Solar Imperial oppression reaches 30 Star Systems, GEA called a threat
2349:  The Equestrian Civil War begins and marks the first time Equestrians battle each other in 200+ years
2352:  The Equestrian Civil War intensifies
2365:  GEA penetrates the Core of Equestrian Space
2365:  Completion of GTVA Colossus, events of Freespace 2
2369:  Princess Celestia's defeat marks the collapse of the Solar Empire and the end of the Civil War
2370:  Princess Celestia forgiven, GEA made official body of gov't for Equestrians
2371:  Princess Luna officially reinstated to power and personal freedoms for Equestrians restored
2379:  First recorded encounter between the Equestrians and the Canids
2384:  Equestrians officially acknowledge existence of the Canid Race
2388:  Beginning of Equestrian-Canid War, lasts 15 years
2403:  Ponies frozen in cryo-stasis back in 2014 reanimated and reindoctrinated, beginning of My Little Freespace:  The Great War
Though Discord reigns and no one is free, remember these words, and you shall see--Generosity, Laughter, Honesty, Kindness, Magic, Loyalty--that through all things good will be.  UNLEASH THE ELEMENTS OF HARMONY! --The Creed of Harmony
We have to give everything--even if that means our lives.  We will stop at nothing.  We will fight... for the lost! --Cmdr. Shepard, Mass Effect 2 / I know why the Ancient Ones were destroyed, and I know what they knew.  I knew that if it were not for the Shivans they would've perished long before.  Without the Shivans someone would've discovered the Ancient Ones in their infancy and eliminated them, just as surely as they eliminated countless billions of others.  I believe that it is only the destroyers that are killed.  The Shivans are the Great Destroyers, but they are also the Great Preservers.  That is why when we moved into space there was no one powerful enough to kill us.  Long had we been the destroyer--our turn had nearly come.  In the Vasudan War we learned how to adapt, we learned how to study our enemy, we learned how to overcome, and we learned how to survive.  And so we did.  All the Jump Nodes to Earth are gone, but the Shivans can rebuild them.  I am told we can expect them again, but not in my lifetime.  Such is liberation. --The Player Character at the end of Descent  Freespace:  The Great War / There is little left for us.  Little time.  But much irony.  We did discover that they are not invulnerable.  The destroyers that darkened our skies like a plague can be harmed--but we have no way to deliver the hurt.  We have the knowledge, but not the means.  And so this is our legacy:  In Subspace they cannot use their shields.  And into Subspace they can be tracked. --The final monologue of the Ancients in Descent Freespace:  The Great War