Author Topic: OmniTech: Work-N-Progress  (Read 18288 times)

Offline Wilmet

Re: OmniTech: Work-N-Progress
The difference is like night and day, great stuff!

Thanks for posting it  :D (btw, perhaps this could be a nice thing to add to the moddb page for example).
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"

Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

Offline Karl

The difference is like night and day, great stuff!

Thanks for posting it  :D (btw, perhaps this could be a nice thing to add to the moddb page for example).

Good call, will ask Magic to make a post or two :)

Offline Wilmet

Btw, is the plan to re-do all/most of the mechs and vehicles already in game? I for one would love to see a higher res Atlas at some time in the future  :nod:
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Yep, it's planned, and not only for cosmetic issues :) But of course, it's a giant task. Every modeller is welcome to help :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Karl

Intend on redoing the arms, they are a little small at the moment

Offline Karl

Currently one of our projects is an update to the textures of MCO. In vanilla MC2 the texture resolution was 128*128, we have increased this a couple of times now and have settled at 512*512 so there is a fair bit of update work to be done. Thankfully the work is paying off and we are getting some fantastic looking buildings with some real detail.

If there is anyone out there interested in working with textures as always please feel free to contact the team if you would like to help with this process :)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 04:14:00 pm by Karl »

Offline Karl

New buildings ingame

Offline cowboy

Wow.

my stuff so far

more stuff on the way

Offline Karl

Fantastic those are sweet models there    Vashts... would you consider doing a remodel of the atlas? As you are already being more than generous dont feel like you have to, there will be no beef just a request

chur!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 01:06:20 am by Karl »

possibly, i have quite a few things i was planning. im not so good with pure humanoid mechs though.

so far my planned list includes:

Viper
Nova
Adder
Marauder IIC
Stone Rhino

on the inner sphere side

Cicada
Archer
Marauder
Zeus

Your models are very great!  :yes:

Offline Wilmet

Some great new eye candy since last I came...looking forward to the next release :nod:

Also, I could probably kiss the one who decides to make a new higher-res Stormcrow (so be warned  ;7).

Offline magic

Nice models Vashts.

How many polys?

Should be under 1500 polys per mech.

Offline cowboy

My guess is that the head area and calf-area of the Dire Wolf have about 1500 alone :D

Offline cowboy

There is just something people like with that mech.

In MC2? I like two ERPPC's and mobility. In TT? Well, it's nice but not as nice as it's always been in MC/MC2

Offline Karl

Offline Wilmet

Beauty  :nod:  The next release will be a thing to behold  ;)

(Shame about that compass-thing in the in-game shot that takes away some of the awesomness of the mech though...but not by much)

Offline Karl

There is a way to get rid of the compass but I am damned if I can figure it out :P

Offline cowboy

it's the forward slash key for me, and I only know because I spent a while trying to figure out how to bring it back. I really like it.