Author Topic: OmniTech: Work-N-Progress  (Read 18280 times)

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Re: OmniTech: Work-N-Progress
There is a way to get rid of the compass but I am damned if I can figure it out :P

Dude, it's the circumflex key (i think it's called that). The one left of the "1", below the escape key (if you have a common keyboard of this planet :) )
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Karl

haha sweet, I thought it was the ~ key but when that didnt work I lost motivation

Offline cowboy

haha sweet, I thought it was the ~ key but when that didnt work I lost motivation

Same key on my keyboard. Maybe need to do shift+` (shift+`=~)

Offline Karl

Keep up the great work Karl! I want to see this detail and love/care on all the other models!

/takes out whip!

Now get back to work! haha  ;) ;)

Offline Karl

Offline Wilmet

The new mechs look ace, but at the moment they clash a lot in terms of appearance with the MS made mechs and some of the less-new models added to the game. Not to sound like I'm complaining or anything, but it makes the visuals of the game a bit uneven for now.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 09:36:40 am by Wilmet »
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"

Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Indeed. This is intentional. It will make people so much eager to see everything in the new shiny look so that they decide to join our team and help us... Everything works as planned . When will I receive your application ?  ;7

Seriously, of course you are right, the current look is a bit uneven. But there is so much work to be done, and sometimes we (mostly I ) get a bit lazy  :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Wilmet

I would offer, but I have zero knowledge in making models or textures, so I will stick to making random/obvious comments...for now ;7
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"

Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Well, better than nothing, I guess  :p

And for .....later...... you might want to take a look at "Blender". Seems to be a good and intuitive piece of software, I want to give it a go myself
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline Karl

Wilmet,

Yeah the new textures stick out like dogs balls its true, I am planning on redoing all the textures for all the mechs in MCO (or at least as many as I can get the model files for).

Currently I am going through my own models and then I will be moving onto models made by ThorC and then I will then finish my remodel of the vanilla MC2 mechs finally I have had some requests for new mechs and I will be completing them also

Now, if only it just stopped crashing:/

The models look pretty good.  Weapons fire locations are a bit off, but other than that.

Offline Mcray

Karl,

The Timberwolf/Mad Cat looks great. Textures are awesome, but some things poke my eye. The torso (Cockpit) front seems too short too narrow and too tall compared to the Mechcommander one I like so much. Also the shoulder weapon pods seem a tiny bit small, not the correct shape 4 by 5 ratio, and not housing LRM 20's (just a texture stuff). Also the cockpit canopy is different. I prefer the Mechcommander one over your huge B-29 style nose section.

Source image im looking at is here: http://lparchive.org/Mech-Commander/Update%2062/

The Mad Dog looks great. Dont change the shape!!! :)

Question. Is there any way to have the original MC 2 graphics for a mech if I like the Microsoft look more? I have mixed feelings about the old, new mech models. Some I love, some I hate. MC 2 Ryuken looks terrible while in Mechwarrior 4 its fantastic. Would love to see it redone for MC2 in Mechwarrior 4 style.

Thx for your work on the new (old)  look.

Offline Karl

Cheers Mcray,

I too love the MC1 timberwolf and I do have a model with a round MC1 style cockpit...

You are correct about the number of missile holes in the shoulders, I recycle textures quite a but and this is a classic example of me doing so without carefully checking the result and for this I must apologize.

Now why did I go with the bent nose timberwolf? well as you correctly pointed out the classical timberwolf depictions have gun pods on the torso, the MC1 image included but unfortunaletly we have a polycount limit that we need to work to in MCO and due to this I was unable to fit these pods under the limit, as such since I want not running with gun pods I would also do a "refresh" of the cockpit design and shape. I understand and expected people would not like it, acutually I expected that no one would like it due to the ionic status of the timberwolf to all things battletech but It was something I considered carefully and hey I liked it :)

Regarding the textures, due to the crap way I UV my models it is not often that you can swap out one texture for another so I guess the sort answer is no you cant have the old MC2 style textures. There are other reason too the most important one is that we have increased the texture size used from 128 to 512 and at that increased resolution the old MC2 textures just dont cut the mustard at all, again I apologize. BUT! (I guess this will depend on the exact number of models you like and dont like) We are doing a revamp of all the mechs in MCO, they will get new models (mostly more detailed, but we have a very talented concept artist on the team now so there will be some completely new models and styles) and new style textures bringing a more uniform look to the admittedly mish mash look we currently have.

Thanks again for the support, I will consider bringing back the round timberwolf for you, will depend on the time I have to complete the model.

Offline Mcray

Hi Karl,

Everything you guys do is just and added bonus to an already great BT universe by just keeping it alive and kicking. Dont get me wrong, Im happy with your current Timberwolf as it is. I dont know about modeling or texturing so I was just asking. Thank you for explaining the details :)

...But that MC 2 Ryoken mech gives me bad goose bumps haha.

This model on the other hand with its small feet and broad shoulder is so beautiful:

Offline Karl

Sweet as Mcray,

Let me have a look, I am not sure if the ryoken we have for MCO is the vanilla MC2 version of another version, if it is the vanilla version I think ThorC has a new model for it (again from memory)

Currently I am working on finishing my lupus update, I am working through my models in alphabetical order and then I will move onto models made by other that are not yet UV'ed and finally I will return to my update of vanilla and older MCO mechs so it may take some time but it will get done at some stage

Offline Cain001

Any news?
Forgive and when there will be a new model Commando and Commando2c????

Offline magic

Mech Commander Omnitech is coming to its end.

I will soon release new and the last version of MCO, with all bugs from public forum fixed and some new features.

There is no MCO team any more (never was except for me and Karl).

It was my project long before we came here and I will continue to work on it in private when I have time.

I am proud that all versions of MCO have near 30 000 downloads.

I want to thank all of you who played and posted here and will continue to support MCO release.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 07:58:30 am by magic »

Offline Cain001

This very sad news for players from Ukraine :(

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
Well, that's a shame. :( You guys did some pretty awesome work. It'd be sad to see you go.