Author Topic: This post is a placeholder for a real introduction  (Read 5956 times)

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: This post is a placeholder for a real introduction
The wayback machine effectively takes periodic backup of internet, try these links :)

(I haven't looked for the members directory, I figure you know the site better than me)

http://web.archive.org/web/20110207161949/http://starshattermods.com/news.php (7th Feb snapshot)

http://archive.org/web/web.php (main site)

edit: actually, if you need to login to the forum to get the members directory & their emails then I don't know if the wayback machine can help you, I doubt it can snapshot a page that requires authentication...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 04:14:28 am by niffiwan »
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
It can't. It can only archive publically accessible information.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
link

Spoiler:
http://archive.org/web/web.php

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Did you not see the post at the top of this very page?
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
:wtf: Sorry, didn't see second page.  d'uuuuuh.. :embarrassed exit:

Offline magic

Welcome and good luck, forum neighbor. (Mech Commander Omnitech)

I will take a look at the code (when I have time), may be I can help, MCO is old c++ code.

Offline braddw25

I'm currently trying out this wayback machine, but not having much luck. Is it supposed to take such a long time to load up the site archive? I've been watching it say it's loading the site for close to 10 minutes now and it still hasn't gotten by the screen where it says its loading. Is this normal? Thanks for the lead in any event.

Offline braddw25

GOod news!!! I finally was able to access the snapshot of the site and was able to obtain email addresses for 3 very prominent members who have now been contacted. Hopefully I'll be hearing from them soon. In the meantime I'm going to go searching for more addresses. Thanks very much for this outstanding idea!!!

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I was browsing for SS content on the webs and found this wiki article with few entries there, added a link to the HLP board as the SS open source project.
Hope that's ok with you guys.
el hombre vicio...

Offline starlord

hi bradd. Nice to see you managed to find your way here! Hopefully so will wdboyd and the others.

Offline braddw25

Well if it isn't the guy who first inspired me to learn how to mod. Good to hear from you, Mike. I have contacted many of the guys from the old site. So far they have not shown up but many of them have said they will do so in the near future. I'm still hopeful that they will come here and contribute to this community. In any event it's good to hear from you.

Offline starlord

indeed! I hope they'll show up! the starshatter community sported to many promising projects to go out like that. Perhaps should wdboyd find his way here, he'll continue working on his solcom and red rift campaigns...

Offline braddw25

indeed! I hope they'll show up! the starshatter community sported to many promising projects to go out like that. Perhaps should wdboyd find his way here, he'll continue working on his solcom and red rift campaigns...

I truly hope he does one day produce the Red Rift mod. He and I had several discussions about the back story for the mod and it would be VERY VERY good if produced. Just as good if not even better than Solcom. I have to believe that he will eventually get back into modding starshatter at some point. He told me he had switched to some Role Playing games for a while, but I can't imagine that he won't return to his first love sometime.

Offline Lucan

Thank guys for getting me on board.  (For whatever, the site kept flagging my emails as spam when I attempted to sign up for an account.)

It's good to know that there are folks who are still interested in keeping the Starshatter coding project alive.  For a moment, after starshattermods.com went kaput, I thought SS was doomed to fade into gaming obscurity.  But thankfully, that doesn't seem to be the case.   :D

Offline braddw25

Welcome, Lucan!! Glad to see you finally were able to make it here. It's great to have you onboard!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
* jr2 sneezes near the fire control circuit.  :nervous:

:welcome:

Hello all,

It's heart warming to see that the StarShatter community is being revived. I look forward with ravenous appetite to see new features in the game and especially a more versatile mission creator now that it's open source. :)

Here are some samples of my Freespace port to StarShatter I did a few years back.

Activating a dormant fighter and attacking a Triton close by:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO12_7Jvby8

Planetary assault:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RNG855dydg
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 12:03:07 pm by mattivanhanen »
Freespace Tactics (Freespace port to StarShatter)