Author Topic: A couple of questions about v156  (Read 2235 times)

Offline Gendou

A couple of questions about v156
Just downloaded the latest version, and I had a few questions:

First, how do I access the 1980x1050 widescreen resolution?
The highest I can seem to find is 1440x900.

Second, how do I change the resources in the campaign file?  I saw a post about it, but when I opened the campaign file, I couldn't find the resource setting.
I appreciate the attempt to make the game harder, but I'd really just like to play the original MC2 Carver campaign with the upgraded engine and additional mechs/components/pilots.
(which brings me to another question: how can I have all of the new 'Mechs and components offered for sale during the campaign?)

Thanks for making this fantastic overhaul of the game.
Tenebrae Vinciunt

Offline Zarax

Re: A couple of questions about v156
RPs are in the mission files rather than the campaign one.
The Best is Yet to Come

Offline Gendou

RPs are in the mission files rather than the campaign one.
Ah, that makes sense.  I'll have to look into that.

Any idea about the resolution?
Is there a way I can manually set it?
Tenebrae Vinciunt

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Honestly, I'm not sure if what I tell you know will work. But Magic is on Vacation right now, so I cannot doublecheck.

First, the GUI hasn't been up yet (because it will need new graphic) The new resolution will only show ingame in a mission.

Here is what I did to get my 1920 x 1080 working :

1) open the file "prefs.cfg", located in the main folder of MCO.

2) In the botton, you see the four available resolutions from retail.

3) Change the value from 1280x1024 to what you like.

4) Ingame, set the option to 1280x1024   ( what the spaces, type :     3 = 1280by1024)

5) In  a mission, you will now have the resolution of your choice.

I'm not sure if this is the correct way or just a hack, but it works. Magic will be back at the end of june, he can say better :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Gendou

I'm not sure if this is the correct way or just a hack, but it works. Magic will be back at the end of june, he can say better :)
Thanks, Starman. 
I think it's been changed since you did it, since the resolution changes from Prefs has been moved to Options, and Options isn't documented. 
So I don't know which numbers correspond to the various resolutions (mine is currently set to '8' - which I assume is the 1440x900 resolution).
Tenebrae Vinciunt