Author Topic: Main Menu Resolution Issues  (Read 2908 times)

Main Menu Resolution Issues
I am encountering a problem with the Main Menu in MCO156.

When the menu appears, it seems to be in 640x480 and is shoved severely to the right of the screen (I can see maybe a quarter of it). If I hit the new campaign button, the next menu is also huge and shoved to the right so I cannot see (or hope to hit) the Next button to advance to the next screen. This basically makes the game unplayable as I can go no further. I have experimented and managed to hit the Options button, and tried to set the screen res to something manageable, but that only covers the in-game res and not the menus and mission descriptors. How should I approach this graphics issue?

Buck

'Always Available, Never Free'

Offline cowboy

Re: Main Menu Resolution Issues
A few questions: what OS are you using, what kind of graphics card do you have, what is your screen setup (1, multiple, laptop with monitor, etc.) and what resolution are you running?

Gut says it's related to what resolution you have on your system.

The issue was resolved with a resolution change to 800x600 prior to launch. Rookie mistake, I got to complacent with MC2 auto-switching to the correct resolution. And now I know better. Thanks for the brain jog!

Buck

'Always Available, Never Free'

Offline cowboy

You're playing this in 800x600? MCO supports MUCH higher resolution. I play in 1366x768 on my laptop, for example.

I play in 1366x768 on my laptop, for example.

Gah, I have tried every single resolution my monitor supports trying to get MCO to run at 1366x768, but it always ends up at 1024x768. I've gotten it to work on every other resolution it supports from 640x480 to 1080p.

I'm playing on a 48 inch 1080p LCD about 6 feet away, so at resolutions greater then 1024x768 unit names (as well as parts of the mechlab) become alomst impossible to read. I can do it but it's right on the edge of my vision. If I get the names on just the right background I can usually make out what it says, but I'll end up with a headache.

I played with the config files until I figured out the resolution command wasn't being used in v156. I tried every compatibility mode and every option therein but no joy. So I just live at 1024x768 stretched, which I don't really mind all that much. Still sad though, as I know how much better the game looks at those higher resolutions, it's just not worth the cost in my case.

Offline cowboy

Really?

I play on a secondary monitor at 1680x1050 and that's where some of the improvements really start to shine. Does your computer register the monitor as a display? If so, is it set as the primary?

I found it only works when the big monitor is set as primary display. It's similar to how mektek's MW4 expansion works.

My computer detects the monitor no problem, AMD drivers show it as HT-R670. 1080p is its native resolution but I basically never use it. I run with my desktop resolution set to 1366x768, which is why I found this so frustrating to begin with, because I know it's supported.

But I've pretty much accepted it now, at least until the next version.

Offline drshew

I too am having this problem, i am using win7 using a 8800 GT Nvidia card and have only one 23" LG monitor using 1920x1080 ress.  I have changed the res and still same problem.  any ideas?