Author Topic: New Media VPs?  (Read 4168 times)

Offline est1895

Now that FS-Open 3.6.14 final has been released, are there any plans to upgrade the Media VPs?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
It's not a question of "if" anymore, it's a question of "when." There's quite a lot of bomber upgrades for the fleet with some other assets, so...

*waits with some more-awful-than-a-saint patience*
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
There's been more than just bomber upgrades. Nearly the entire Shivan fleet has been remade. Several new zod and terran craft... not to mention that just about every destroyer class and up has been remade save for the Orion and Boadicea. A full list is here.

The FSU team is working toward a release, but you'll have to be patient. We have a lot of stuff to finalize and test.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
There's been more than just bomber upgrades. Nearly the entire Shivan fleet has been remade. Several new zod and terran craft... not to mention that just about every destroyer class and up has been remade save for the Orion and Boadicea. A full list is here.

The FSU team is working toward a release, but you'll have to be patient. We have a lot of stuff to finalize and test.

Did you mean except for the Orion and Demon? I don't see any Demon model in that list and don't recall seeing a post about it (and I recall there is/was an HTL Boadicea at one point).

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
Some one started a Demon but they have been absent for some time, The Boadicea still needs a lot of mesh work.
Holy Crap. SHIVANS! Tours

Offline est1895

It's not a question of "if" anymore, it's a question of "when." There's quite a lot of bomber upgrades for the fleet with some other assets, so...

*waits with some more-awful-than-a-saint patience*

How about if I win the PowerBall Jackpot and donate a few mill to the programmers? ;7 :nod: ;7

Ah patients is a virtue :(

Offline Al-Rik

There's been more than just bomber upgrades...
The screenshoots of the new nebula effect are also nice... any chance they will be part of the next VP ?

But even without new nebulas, with all the new models on the list Freespace 2 will look a shiny new game  :yes:

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Thanks for the reminder about that full list of updates models - they look super sweet, I'm eagerly (but patiently!) waiting on the next release.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...