Author Topic: Blue Planet: War in Heaven O.S.T. by Belisarius  (Read 34291 times)

Re: Blue Planet: War in Heaven O.S.T. by Belisarius
I found a beautiful piece in the VPs by the name of icarus2
Which song was that? Or was it your creation?

Was it this piece? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns7fNPiNiNc

If so, as the YT vid says, it's composed by Michael McCann, and comes from the Deus Ex Human Revolution soundtrack.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
There's a Darius remix too which I really like.

I found a beautiful piece in the VPs by the name of icarus2
Which song was that? Or was it your creation?

Was it this piece? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns7fNPiNiNc

If so, as the YT vid says, it's composed by Michael McCann, and comes from the Deus Ex Human Revolution soundtrack.

No. It is a piano piece. I don't know if it's in the Deus Ex Soundtrack.

EDIT: Nevermind, it is from the same piece. I just didn't hear it right the first time. Thanks, guys!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 06:10:21 pm by jedi19941 »

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask (and for bumping an old thread), but this question has been eating at me ever since I first played WIH.  Can anyone ID the track used during the first few minutes of The Plunder, when you're disabling the Agincourt?  I've looked everywhere for the track with zero luck, and being unable to identify such an awesome guitar track has been killing me.

PS:  This soundtrack blows me away.  A few of them remind me of the music from the old Ace Combat games, which is definitely a compliment.  AC5 is one of my favorite games of all time, thanks in no small part to its soundtrack.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 01:10:48 am by Riverstyx »

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I think it's this track:

apocalyptica2 - The Siege, Apocalyptica game soundtrack

Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

I think it's this track:

apocalyptica2 - The Siege, Apocalyptica game soundtrack

That's exactly it!  Thank you!  You just ended a years-long search for that song.

Offline Snarks

I don't mean to be a necromancer, but I think this thread was unpinned as an oversight.

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
I think it was unpinned to cut down on the number of pinned threads; it's still linked from the library thread.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Is there a place to get the Sunglare nasheed?

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask (and for bumping an old thread), but this question has been eating at me ever since I first played WIH.  Can anyone ID the track used during the first few minutes of The Plunder, when you're disabling the Agincourt?  I've looked everywhere for the track with zero luck, and being unable to identify such an awesome guitar track has been killing me.

This was replaced in the new release, why exactly?
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Hey guys!

Firstly, thanks to Belisarius for the amazing soundtrack!

I also wanted to ask if anyone knows the piece that plays whenever Noemi's personal log is shown - it is mostly on piano and is really emotional and powerful. It wasn't included in the archive. Thanks in advance!

Offline Darius

In Act 2 with Laporte and the Wargods?

Or was it Act 3 with Laporte and the Fedayeen?

« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 05:39:47 am by Darius »

The first one is what I was looking for. Thank you, Darius!

On another note, does anyone know the piece that plays in the final part of Delenda Est, when Imperieuse jumps in? The super epic and tense one with choirs and what not.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 06:06:01 am by Warrior Of Ice »

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
On another note, does anyone know the piece that plays in the final part of Delenda Est, when Imperieuse jumps in? The super epic and tense one with choirs and what not.
That would be immediatemusic3, which the credits thread identifies as "Lacrimosa by Immediate Music/Preliator by Globus"
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Darius

This was replaced in the new release, why exactly?

A while back there was a music overhaul to replace the copyrighted music with licensed or royalty-free replacements. Didn't end up working too well as some of the most popular tracks just weren't able to be replaced, so it was abandoned halfway through. About half the tracks managed to get replaced.

Can we go back to the old music in the first phase of HFH, then? :​P
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Its a beautiful series of tracks you've composed Belisarius, I've thoroughly enjoyed the game just as much as I've enjoyed the music and the atmosphere it lends to the game :)

I hope you've recovered fully since your accident, good tidings man thanks a lot for your contributions!

Incredible playlist!

My favorite, by far, is Dreaming Warrior. It's now the theme song of my .tbl edits and FREDing.

The musical changes to Blue Planet have been almost ubiquitously spectacular since I last played. The only two exceptions were Forced Entry (AoA) and the mission with Rheza Station in WiH; I preferred the older versions.

By contrast though, the music in Her Finest Hour went from good to legendarily awesome, and made the mission cross the critical threshold from irritating & hectic to engaging & challenging. I think the music might have even helped me focus more clearly and blow things up better.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 02:07:41 am by Erebus Alpha »
"Obviously the meson bomb is a form of cat-toast-device, with the buttered toast inverted, so that the cat and toast both fly in the direction of gravity much faster than expected. By introducing artificial gravity, a pair of cat-toast perpetual motion accelerator units can be made to collide with one another, and they produce an unimaginably devastating explosion. Both cats are named 'Meson'."

- Wikileaks 2383

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Forced Entry changed?

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
The first part is still Those Who Fight Further, but the second part changed.