Author Topic: Crash at start of missions  (Read 2305 times)

Crash at start of missions
MCO crashes at the start of either campaign after i have selected  pilots, mechs, etc. I am currently unable to do anything.

Errors are as follows:

Call Stack
==========
0x004DF36E MCOREL! (+0xDE36E)               
0x00516D5E MCOREL! (+0x115D5E)             
0x00402465 MCOREL! (+0x1465)               
0x005B551F MCOREL! (+0x1B451F)

Application Timestamp:   514ef11f
  Fault Module Name:   MCORel.exe
  Fault Module Version:   0.1.6.2522
  Fault Module Timestamp:   514ef11f
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   00090ce9
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033

Additional information about the problem:
  LCID:   1033

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt   

Offline luxebo

Re: Crash at start of missions
While I can't help with this bug, I think only the first three lines of the error actually says anything. The rest tells stuff on your computer.

Offline themole

I have had the same problem, anyone find a solution?

I had the problem with the menu being squashed over to the right to start with, but by right clicking on the shortcut>properties>compatibilities>run in 640x480 fixed that.

I can then enter missions/single missions, select a mech, pilot, then when I go to launch the mission, it crashes with the same message as above

Offline themole

Btw, I am DYING to play this, it looks fantastic Magic, thanks!!!  :yes: :yes: :yes:

Offline magic

I have had the same problem, anyone find a solution?

I had the problem with the menu being squashed over to the right to start with, but by right clicking on the shortcut>properties>compatibilities>run in 640x480 fixed that.

I can then enter missions/single missions, select a mech, pilot, then when I go to launch the mission, it crashes with the same message as above

If you have win7 do not select compatibility mode and do not select 640x480. It wont work with those settings and it wont work in 640x480.

What is your desktop resolution?

This happens when Y of your desktop resolution is below 768.

MCO will automatically select your desktop resolution (if supported, if not closest supported).
It works fine under win7 32 and 64. Do not select compatibility mode.

Supported resolutions are:
1920x1080
1680x1050
1600x1200
1440x900
1366x768
1280x1024
and 1024x768

Older resolutions 800x600 and 640x480 are no longer supported (If you use one of those the menus will be... ).

And MCO has problems with newer intel integrated graphic cards.
It is tested with both AMD and Nvidia cards and works without problems in supported resolutions.

Try to change your desktop resolution to one from the list above.

MCO has problems with internet browsers and some other open programs. Close all programs running in the background and try.

And one more thing: try running MCO as administrator.

Offline themole

Ha!

Selecting 1280x1024 worked brilliantly! Thaaaanks! I'm giving the Pirates missions a go, it's hard!

As a side note, would you like a proof reader for the text parts? I am guessing the author of the mission blurbs is not a native English speaker, and I'd be more than willing to give something back to say thanks.

Offline magic

Ha!

Selecting 1280x1024 worked brilliantly! Thaaaanks! I'm giving the Pirates missions a go, it's hard!

As a side note, would you like a proof reader for the text parts? I am guessing the author of the mission blurbs is not a native English speaker, and I'd be more than willing to give something back to say thanks.

I already have very nice story written by native English speaker. I need to make some changes to be able to take full advantage of it.

Offline themole

brilliant, I look forward to it.

Have just completed the Carver 5 magic campaign, it was brilliant, rolled into the final few missions with a 600T lance full of awesome Clan Mechs, so much fun, just disappointed I couldn't get my hands on a Masakari/Warhawk. By the way, how ridiculously good are Mad Cats? The pilots I put in those got double anyone else's kills. Awesome.