Author Topic: SOON TO BE RELEASED: The Aftermath:Reboot by Herkie423 and Cyborg17  (Read 50814 times)

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Re: WIP: The Aftermath:Reboot by Herkie423 and Cyborg17
I hope there will be no too much destroyers in missions. Don't make the same mistake as I did with Shadow Genesis :P. So far it looks good!

Could you provide a closer look at retextured Hecatos and SolCommand's model?

Here is a close look of the Hecatos. I transformed this ship, re-sized and elongated it a little then I cut the number of turrets which is way too many for a corvette. This ship is the replacement of the old GTCv Alexandria in this mod. When you said SolCommand, Did you refer to the Anchorage?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Hecatos looks cool :yes: !

When I said "SolCommand's Ship" I was thinking about this:

The one above the Hyperion, and below the Kometes.

I even found it: http://www.solcommand.com/2013/09/nautilus-explorer.html
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline CT27

Herkie, I found that Youtube video of your voice that you mentioned earlier; would you like me to post the link here?

Offline CT27

Also, congratulations on The Aftermath:  Reboot getting another HLP Newletter mention (June 2016 edition).

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Herkie, I found that Youtube video of your voice that you mentioned earlier; would you like me to post the link here?

I guess. . Yeah. ;)
By the way  thank you for congratulating me.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Hecatos looks cool :yes: !

When I said "SolCommand's Ship" I was thinking about this...

Oh. I got that from one of the Bpc unused assets (I think), textures and model only and no table so I have to make one. I haven't changed the looks of it (because its perfect) except for the glow maps. Just the color of the windows and docking points (the yellow cylinders). I don't even know the model's author. Thanks for the approval. By the way, can you spare me one corvette, just the model and texture? A replacement for the Kamotes
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 02:22:31 am by herkie423 »

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
By the way, can you spare me one corvette, just the model and texture? A replacement for the Kamotes
Do you want something in particular?
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline CT27

I have to admit, these ships got updated/retextured pretty well! I didn't have much success with ships like the Hecatos myself, since I'm not a actual texturer or such it usually means ditching some good looking ships that don't look enough in line with the other ships I got lined up. Next to the Hecatos, I'll be happy to take a good look at most of these models in PCS when you release them.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Arghhh!  I have been gone again for a long long time. My computer got busted! Thankfully, I have a full back up burn in several DVD's. The Aftermath's mod is also saved in flash drive. Now, I bought another PC and this time with 16:9 wide screen monitor (My previous screen is 4:3) and I what a shock I have when I ran the mod! The interface screens are stretched! I guess I have to remake most of the user screens especially the ones with the GTVA Seal or a planet; the circles are oblong.

So, I need some feed backs. Do most of us here in the community use 16:9 (wide screen) screen format? Please do post a reply.

PS: I will post some interface screenshots tomorrow.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
By the way, can you spare me one corvette, just the model and texture? A replacement for the Kamotes

Hello Betrayal. I think I changed my mind. I have finalized the mod assets. Do you think the Kamotes still looks good? Anyway, it's just one of those "mission fillers" that get to blown up frequently in the game, it's not one of the main "actors."
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 04:33:10 am by herkie423 »

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
I have to admit, these ships got updated/retextured pretty well! I didn't have much success with ships like the Hecatos myself, since I'm not a actual texturer or such it usually means ditching some good looking ships that don't look enough in line with the other ships I got lined up. Next to the Hecatos, I'll be happy to take a good look at most of these models in PCS when you release them.

Well, after I finish "The Aftermath: Reboot" I can help you in that, making your assets consistent with your mod's setting as I did with my project. Except for a few, most of my model textures were redone, even the Shivan beams. :)

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Here's Herkie's video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsDWXmBp7Vc

Ah Yes...Those kids of mine are actually one of my beta testers. There are already teenagers.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 05:19:30 am by herkie423 »

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
So, I need some feed backs. Do most of us here in the community use 16:9 (wide screen) screen format? Please do post a reply.

Widescreen displays can be considered the norm these days. Interface stretching is an unfortunate sideeffect of this, and there are currently no good solutions available that would allow widescreen and square aspect ratio interface art to coexist.

Do note that current FSO builds (3.7.3 nightlies, 3.7.4 final and all following builds) will perform a scale-to-fit on all interface art (leaving black bars on the sides of the screen but keeping the aspect ratios intact), this behaviour can be toggled using the -stretch_menu commandline parameter.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

Hello Betrayal. I think I changed my mind. I have finalized the mod assets. Do you think the Kamotes still looks good? Anyway, it's just one of those "mission fillers" that get to blown up frequently in the game, it's not one of the main "actors."
It's quite nice design, but quite low poly. Maybe try GTCv Ophion released by Darius some time ago?

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
To Betrayal:

Ok. I will PM Darius and ask him for the asset. Thanks Betrayal.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
The GTCv Ophion has been released, you can get it from this post. (direct link)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
The GTCv Ophion has been released, you can get it from this post. (direct link)

Hmm... I can not download. May be the link is broken? Probably my network here. I will try again tomorrow. I have noticed that this the GTD Moscow. I have this already but it is the old Moscow I deduced. I will still download this and enlarged it then give it more guns. It's the UV map that's I'm after, more editing freedom.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Here is a couple of screenshots of the some of the interfaces.

In the 4:3 format---->

In the 16:9 format ---->

« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 05:20:39 am by herkie423 »

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yeah, that is what happens. There's no good way around it at this time (see my previous post in this thread).
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns