*Meanwhile, two years later*
Yeah, I kinda got sidetracked...
In any case, I'm back to working on this apparently, which theoretically should go a bit more smoothly now that I solved the Lua-OOP stuff.
So what's new since 2017 ? Nothing really, I switched my dev environment to Knossos, and I rewrote bit of my table parser so that it doesn't destroy my brain every time I try to use it. Next step is converting all my table tables to table objects, then essentially do the same thing with all my ability stuff, then either expanding the buff system, or add proper vfx/sfx support, whichever feels more fun.
Current TODO list :
- switch all table horrors to TableObjects
switch mod to Knossos
- refactor Buffs & Abilities into Objects
- add SEXP support
- reorganize scripting library
rewrite parsing script
implement buff system
- test buff system
armor/AI buff, DoT & HoT abilities
- streamline ability library functions & remove redundancies
- extract constants into table parameters
- add proper AOE support
clean up modpack
- add some generic sfx/
- expand targeting options
--> don't be limited to ships
--> don't be limited to ship types
--> think about more complex target selection algorithms
Priority levels: high, medium, low, very low, done, cute