Author Topic: BtA Bug Report Thread  (Read 79153 times)

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
1.2.3 should be live.. try that and see how it goes.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Thanks, mjn.mixael.  I just tried installing 1.2.3 and got the same weird error message from Knossos as before, saying it needed to be restarted before it could try again.  Not thinking, I did shut it down and restart it.  I should have snagged the log file before starting it again.  Stupid.

Anyway, I then tried to verify file integrity for the 1.2.3 version, and it gave me the same "files need to be re-downloaded" error message as before.  So I did that.  Sure enough, get to the end of downloading and reinstalling, and Knossos says it has an error and needs to be restarted.  Before I did this time, I snagged the log file.

Code: [Select]
INFO:MainThread:launcher.main: Running Knossos 0.13.3 on PyQt5 and Python 3.6.8 (default, Oct  7 2019, 12:59:55)
[GCC 8.3.0].
INFO:MainThread:launcher.main: OpenSSL version: OpenSSL 1.1.1  11 Sep 2018
WARNING:MainThread:integration.init: Failed to specify Unity version. Most likely Unity is not available.
INFO:MainThread:integration.init: No desktop integration active.
WARNING:Thread-4:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "Wings of Dawn Builds" 17.0.1 (fso-wod)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-4:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20180302 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-4:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20180419 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-4:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20171029 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-4:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20180924 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-4:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20180921 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-4:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20180929 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-4:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20190306 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-4:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20190309 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-4:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20190313 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-4:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20190322 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-4:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20190323 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-4:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20190324 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-4:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20190329 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-4:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20190402 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-4:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20190406 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-4:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20190407 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-4:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20190728 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
INFO:Thread-4:util.download: Downloading "https://fsnebula.org/storage/45/c1/4716d8f72fea7afd30eaa0a25e25c21c17040841744d3e74bba6b4941e13"...
INFO:Thread-1:util.download: Downloading "https://porphyrion.feralhosting.com/datacorder/nebula/17/56/e9ff6a3e2d581180377f2965e5cc80d1b644a8d32892498a5c16f100ac9b"...
INFO:Thread-5:util.download: Downloading "https://cf.fsnebula.org/storage/0a/b2/7f6ae564340e5824b6966401b5c169af65daa238a31a4bd486351f9a803f"...
INFO:Thread-7:util.download: Downloading "https://fsnebula.org/storage/13/f8/1f8cddf7ea95642aa1989d38331b434589b7178d0644079c4f8799b34bc9"...
WARNING:Thread-4:tasks.work2: Missing file "data/config/axmessage.cfg" from archive "BTA_Core.7z" for package "BTA_Core" (Between The Ashes)!
ERROR:Thread-4:tasks.work2: Failed to unpack archive "BTA_Core.7z" for package "BTA_Core" (Between The Ashes)!
INFO:Thread-10:util.download: Downloading "https://cf.fsnebula.org/storage/32/18/83d2106b6ed394e7c2dd5a8e48f7e09c8b0b69777e88e26549d2a4c0c66b"...
WARNING:Thread-5:tasks.work2: Missing file "data/cbanims/cb_default.ani" from archive "BTA_Root.7z" for package "BTA_Root" (Between The Ashes)!
ERROR:Thread-5:tasks.work2: Failed to unpack archive "BTA_Root.7z" for package "BTA_Root" (Between The Ashes)!
INFO:Thread-9:util.download: Downloading "https://cf.fsnebula.org/storage/17/2e/a8d23d80cdf9768b76c1dce13c64f0a0805632286fd13ca8c83fc480d51c"...
ERROR:Thread-7:tasks.work2: File "https://fsnebula.org/storage/13/f8/1f8cddf7ea95642aa1989d38331b434589b7178d0644079c4f8799b34bc9" is corrupted!
INFO:Thread-8:util.download: Downloading "https://cf.fsnebula.org/storage/21/47/b7f8e1e832e36afc736d5fcbebacf82f3843f64cfc1a12440803e96083ce"...
WARNING:Thread-10:tasks.work2: Missing file "data/cbanims/2_cb_aflogo.png" from archive "BTA_Anims1.7z" for package "BTA_Anims1" (Between The Ashes)!
ERROR:Thread-10:tasks.work2: Failed to unpack archive "BTA_Anims1.7z" for package "BTA_Anims1" (Between The Ashes)!
INFO:Thread-6:util.download: Downloading "https://porphyrion.feralhosting.com/datacorder/nebula/68/86/e4b6d642a5e43750f8fe21be84b5d2d95003b1b0cbca89bd6b5a8bef7cb8"...
WARNING:Thread-8:tasks.work2: Missing file "data/voice/briefing/bta1_d1_01_br01.ogg" from archive "BTA_Voice.7z" for package "BTA_Voice" (Between The Ashes)!
ERROR:Thread-8:tasks.work2: Failed to unpack archive "BTA_Voice.7z" for package "BTA_Voice" (Between The Ashes)!
INFO:Thread-7:util.download: Downloading "https://cf.fsnebula.org/storage/13/f8/1f8cddf7ea95642aa1989d38331b434589b7178d0644079c4f8799b34bc9"...
WARNING:Thread-9:tasks.work2: Missing file "data/maps/AlphCent_back6.dds" from archive "BTA_Advanced.7z" for package "BTA_Advanced" (Between The Ashes)!
ERROR:Thread-9:tasks.work2: Failed to unpack archive "BTA_Advanced.7z" for package "BTA_Advanced" (Between The Ashes)!
WARNING:Thread-1:tasks.work2: Missing file "data/movies/Collapse.mp4" from archive "BTA_Movies.7z" for package "BTA_Movies" (Between The Ashes)!
ERROR:Thread-1:tasks.work2: Failed to unpack archive "BTA_Movies.7z" for package "BTA_Movies" (Between The Ashes)!
WARNING:Thread-6:tasks.work2: Missing file "data/music/AlbumArtSmall.jpg" from archive "BTA_Music.7z" for package "BTA_Music" (Between The Ashes)!
ERROR:Thread-6:tasks.work2: Failed to unpack archive "BTA_Music.7z" for package "BTA_Music" (Between The Ashes)!
WARNING:Thread-7:tasks.work2: Missing file "data/maps/afc_dvorak.dds" from archive "BTA_Maps.7z" for package "BTA_Maps" (Between The Ashes)!
ERROR:Thread-7:tasks.work2: Failed to unpack archive "BTA_Maps.7z" for package "BTA_Maps" (Between The Ashes)!
ERROR:MainThread:launcher.my_excepthook: UNCAUGHT EXCEPTION!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/knossos/knossos/tasks.py", line 385, in finish
    'Please run a file integrity check or reinstall (uninstall + install) it.' % title
TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting
In fairness, this is not the only problem I'm having with this install of Knossos.  I can't get Mantle or Friends and Foes to install at all.  Possibly I have a deeper issue with this install of knossos and need to find a way to start over.  I really don't know anymore.

Thank you very much for the time you have put into this project.  I almost finished my 2nd playthrough on version 1.2.1.  I beat the last mission, but for some reason I got a CTD instead of the successful mission message and epilogue.  All that aside, the writing, characterization, and atmosphere are superb!  As is the variety in the missions.  I remember when this first came out being worried that, since the focus was on a mission with minimal resources before the development of beams, that game play would be kind of humdrum.  It is ANYTHING but!  The scarcity of resources only heightens the desperation of the situation, and makes you sympathize with the people trying to make an honest living in the middle of the mess that is Antares.

This community has put out a huge amount of content over the years, but BtA is definitely in my top 3.
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
1.2.3 was broken and removed. I was able to successfully install 1.2.4 on a test machine thanks to NGLD's help getting the issue fixed.

Offline i

Afaik that is a known problem that is caused by FSO itself however.

At least the Nightly from 27.07.2018 should work. Or 3.8.1-20180727 in Knossos.

Actually i am sure even most of the 2019 Nightlies should still work, as this is only a recent problem that was introduced a few weeks ago.
didnt work for me. bta 1.2.4, on 19.0.0-RC1, on 3_8_1_20191109 - same behavior
blank white screen after second alt+j in "bringing down the gavel"
what else would you recommend?

edit: tried also with 3_8_1_20180727 - nope, blank white screen :(
once more: fall back to 1.2.1 - get white blank screen after first jump
well
how could i get past this mission :( ?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 02:39:21 pm by i »

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Afaik that is a known problem that is caused by FSO itself however.

At least the Nightly from 27.07.2018 should work. Or 3.8.1-20180727 in Knossos.

Actually i am sure even most of the 2019 Nightlies should still work, as this is only a recent problem that was introduced a few weeks ago.
didnt work for me. bta 1.2.4, on 19.0.0-RC1, on 3_8_1_20191109 - same behavior
blank white screen after second alt+j in "bringing down the gavel"
what else would you recommend?

edit: tried also with 3_8_1_20180727 - nope, blank white screen :(
once more: fall back to 1.2.1 - get white blank screen after first jump
well
how could i get past this mission :( ?

An update should be available on Knossos soon.

Offline i

wow, great, thanks.
anyway, if this could possibly help - here is debug log with last playthrough https://fsnebula.org/log/5dc72973cb0d3322e768473b
(i've tried 32bit version - well, no, same behaviour).
also there was strangeness with destroyed cargo containers count - i've double checked, that i'm destroyed them all, but mission counter show me only 17
1 that left could not be found anywhere, F9 do not help

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I already knew (and fixed) the problem of the mission stopping on a white screen.. I just hadn't gotten it uploaded to Knossos yet. It should be live now.

As for the cargo, I just played that mission a bunch of times and didn't see that happen. You can pass with 17/18 anyway. I wouldn't worry about it for now.

Offline i

woah, its truly great and nice of you.
downloading update now, thank you very much ).

edit: 1.2.5 works just fine and i proceeded to 'camp angel'.
thank you again :).
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 04:50:37 pm by i »

Offline i

LUA ERROR: [string "journal-sct.tbm - On Game Init"]:760: attempt to get length of local 'tabEntry' (a nil value)

------------------------------------------------------------------
ADE Debug:

stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[string "journal-sct.tbm - On Game Init"]:760: in function 'Unlock'
[string "journal-sct.tbm - On Game Init"]:729: in function 'jsv'
[string "String: jsv('Leitartikel', 'edit07')"]:1: in main chunk

fileExists: Argument 1 is an invalid type 'nil'; string expected

ADE Debug:

stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'fileExists'
[string "journal-sct.tbm - On Game Init"]:755: in function 'Unlock'
[string "String: jsv('Leitartikel', 'edit09')"]:1: in main chunk

1: NIL
2: String [data/config]
3: Boolean [1]
caught this on the end of "going out with the bang" - when mission finished and i need to land into the intrepid fighterbay

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yeah, I found that one last night. Download this file and put it in your

FreespaceOpen\BtA-1.2.5\data\missions

folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3rr1w3prgd5fi04/bta1_m3_03.fs2?dl=0

EDIT: Will be fixed in the Antwerp update later this month.

Offline i

Yeah, I found that one last night. Download this file and put it in your

FreespaceOpen\BtA-1.2.5\data\missions

folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3rr1w3prgd5fi04/bta1_m3_03.fs2?dl=0

EDIT: Will be fixed in the Antwerp update later this month.

sorry, doesnt help :(

LUA ERROR: [string "journal-sct.tbm - On Game Init"]:760: attempt to get length of local 'tabEntry' (a nil value)

ADE Debug:

stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[string "journal-sct.tbm - On Game Init"]:760: in function 'Unlock'
[string "String: jsv('Leitartikel', 'edit05')"]:1: in main chunk

fileExists: Argument 1 is an invalid type 'nil'; string expected

ADE Debug:

stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'fileExists'
[string "journal-sct.tbm - On Game Init"]:755: in function 'Unlock'
[string "String: jsv('Leitartikel', 'edit06')"]:1: in main chunk

1: NIL
2: String [data/config]
3: Boolean [1]

i use knossos; so i put the file you provided into Knossos\dls\FS2\BtA-1.2.5 - there wasnt data/missions directory - i've created it, so path to file been Knossos\dls\FS2\BtA-1.2.5\data\missions\bta1_m3_03.fs2
but still getting same error on entering intrepid fighterbay.

edit:
in "mission simulator" i see that bta1_m3_03.fs2 refers to "Groundhog day" - may be filed should be named "bta1_m3_04.fs2"?..

ed2:
i've copied bta1_m3_03.fs2 to bta1_m3_04.fs2 and now i'm getting "groundhog day" instead of "going out with the blast" )).
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 10:33:55 am by i »

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
So sorry, I copied you the wrong file! You need this one.

Offline i

So sorry, I copied you the wrong file! You need this one.

thank you! yes, now its working.
great job, really great - one of the most interesting campaigns i've ever played; "blueplanet"'s level, i think ).

Noticed the big new update but cannot DL it. "FSO is missing" comes up. Help  :confused:

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Make sure you are using Knossos 14.0.

Make sure you are using Knossos 14.0.

I have 14.0. But the update refuses to go through

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
BtA 1.5.x requires FSO 19.0. FSO 20.0 won't work for now. I Knossos settings set FSO builds to be visible then go to the Explore tab and find the SCP builds "mod". Go to SCP Details then find version 19.0 using the drop down top left and install that. Knossos should do this automatically, but it's not for some reason.

BtA 1.5.x requires FSO 19.0. FSO 20.0 won't work for now. I Knossos settings set FSO builds to be visible then go to the Explore tab and find the SCP builds "mod". Go to SCP Details then find version 19.0 using the drop down top left and install that. Knossos should do this automatically, but it's not for some reason.

I have FSO set to 19.0 and still nothing happens. Tried all 3 RC builds too
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 01:26:18 pm by CapellaGoBoom »

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I dunno then. When Knossos says it doesn't have an FSO build, that means it can't find a build version that matches the mod requirements. BtA needs 19.0 exactly. It won't work with an RC or a Nightly.

What MediaVPs do you have installed?

I had to push a fix for a different issue as BtA 1.5.2... Update and see if that fixes it I guess?

I dunno then. When Knossos says it doesn't have an FSO build, that means it can't find a build version that matches the mod requirements. BtA needs 19.0 exactly. It won't work with an RC or a Nightly.

What MediaVPs do you have installed?

I had to push a fix for a different issue as BtA 1.5.2... Update and see if that fixes it I guess?

MVPs is 4.1 now so I am up to date. This campaign seems to not like me updating it