Author Topic: RE-RELEASE: Dimensional Eclipse ver. 1.1b  (Read 40666 times)

Re: RE-RELEASE: Dimensional Eclipse ver. 1.1b
Give me a couple of minutes, I'll copy everything I have on the KDS-011B Blade under the weapon table to here, as well as the file names of the Blade stuff in my visual package

On another side note, the small picture for the Blade that shows up on the left, is nothing but a giant white square. I'll take a screencap in a team loadout screen and a screencap of the blade shot in my version of the game.

Here's the entire section for the KDS-011B Blade under fsq-wep.tbm

Code: [Select]
$Name:                                  KDS-011B Blade
+Title:                                 XSTR("KDS-011B Blade", -1)
+Description:
XSTR("80 SDU Hull Damage
76 SDU Shield Damage
0.525s Cycle Time
1.5 PWU Power Drain", -1)
$end_multi_text
+Tech Title:     XSTR("KDS-011B Blade", -1)
+Tech Anim:     tech_blade
+Tech Description:
XSTR("Kestral Defense Corp continues with their line of experimental weaponry with the KDS-011B Blade. While operating with a more conventional damage delivery system of magnetically confined ionized matter, the emitter system limits the superheated gas in a rotating quasiplanar projectile instead of the traditional magnetic bottle configuration. Proponents of the system claim a 21% increase in damage efficiency over conventional designs, though the system has the same range issues as more conventional plasma-based weaponry without the benefit of decades of experience and optimization. Due to the increased complexity of the emitter system, it is unlikely fleet-wide adoption of Blade-style emitters will ever come to realization.", -1)
$end_multi_text
$Model File: bladeproj.pof
$Mass:                                 0.4
$Velocity:                             1100.0                           ;; speed of the weapon (initially) -- may or may not change
$Fire Wait:                            0.525                            ;; in seconds
$Damage:                               80
$Damage Type:             StrikeCap
$Blast Force: 100.0
$Inner Radius: 7.0 ;; radius at which damage is full (0 for impact only)
$Outer Radius: 30.0 ;; max radius for attenuated damage (0 for impact only)
$Shockwave Speed:       0
$Armor Factor: 1.0
$Shield Factor: 0.9
$Subsystem Factor: 0.5
$Lifetime:                             1.6
$Energy Consumed: 1.5                            ;; Energy used when fired
$Cargo Size: 0.0                             ;; Amount of space taken up in weapon cargo
$Homing:                               NO
$LaunchSnd:                            239                              ;; The sound it makes when fired
$ImpactSnd:                            85                              ;; The sound it makes when it hits something
$Flags:                                ( "player allowed" "cycle" )
$Icon:                                 iconNewton
$Anim:                               newton
$Impact Explosion: explo3
$Impact Explosion Radius: 14

Under DE_VIZ2.vp, bladeproj.pof does exist, however I have no idea what's inside that file since I don't have a program to open .pof files on hand.

I'll have the screencaps in a couple of minutes.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 08:11:18 pm by chaoseclipse01 »

Here's the screenshots from team loadout and within the game itself:

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag126/chaoseclipse01/screen0002_zpsi7extdfm.png

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag126/chaoseclipse01/screen0005_zpsc3i0y8gc.png

If you're curious about my hardware, I could show that too lol

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Have you tried looking at it from the side in external camera? Is it just a glowpoint sphere there too?
Actually, that seems to be using the projectile model for the loadout...lemme check the wiki... The table entry is correct and I guess that's just how it behaves with 3d weapon select turned on. The white square is probably the game taking a closeup of the side of the projectile itself or something.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 08:48:29 pm by Droid803 »
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

I'll try giving that a shot, give me a few minutes.

I finally see why I can't see the blade model.

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag126/chaoseclipse01/screen0014-1_zpsgteab9hh.png

Anything further than that, and the model becomes overpowered by the pink sphere thing / pink sphere thing becomes larger than the blade model. Blade model can only be seen up close. Any way to turn on distance scaling for the pink sphere?

Or better yet, any way to turn off the pink glowpoint entirely? It's been kinda annoying me anyway lol.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 09:54:42 pm by chaoseclipse01 »

Offline Droid803

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/126554/FS2/%5BsecretAGFJK182048192%5D/%5Baaadsterces%5D/bladeproj_noglow.pof

here's a pof without the glow
I found it hard to visually track without the glow, but if you prefer it without.

Just rename it into bladeproj.pof and place it into [mod directory]/data/models and it should overwrite the one in the vp on load.
(´・ω・`)

Thanks man, I'm about to give it a try, I just need to see how editing the file is going to affect me because starting yesterday qvp started acting up, for some reason whenever I add or remove a file from the folder, everything in the file gets rearranged, was having issues with missing missions, scripts, and tables. I ended up having to restructure the entire contents of DE_CORE in a folder, then copy paste and rearrange into the folder, it seems to be creating a zero byte file I can't delete and it's more or less randomizing the file and folder structure with any change I make to a VP file.

The blade without that glowpoint projectile is MUUUUUCH better, especially from first person perspective now, it feels a lot more satisfying to watch, and the projectiles aren't that hard to track either (Then again, I have a 32-inch monitor playing on 1920x1080).

I'll have some pictures here in a few minutes

Blade without the glowpoint:

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag126/chaoseclipse01/screen0016_zpsssf0bfja.png - Looks MUCH better in team loadout

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag126/chaoseclipse01/screen0017_zpsddm54tad.png - It honestly looks a lot better than it does in that picture, it's just hard to time it right for screencaps

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag126/chaoseclipse01/screen0018_zpsfkdmvfaw.png - Same issue as above

Is there some reason this mod is not available via the FSO Installer?
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Droid803

Is there some procedure I have to follow to get it on the installer? I'm simply not aware of how one gets a mod onto it.
(´・ω・`)

FSO installer requires direct links to files. :nervous:
Here is more.