Author Topic: Am i stupid ? (spoiler)  (Read 4122 times)

Offline Kher

Am i stupid ? (spoiler)
Hello, first of all, very good job on your campaign, i have great pleasure to play it.

Spoiler alert now ;)

Now the problem, this mission in space suit, objective : "get to a ship" , very well, rushing to the titan, as espected, he leave in  front of me, and i finally dock on this freighter, and the, debriefing, i click on accept and it say the mission is failure and i can't accept with the triple choice, quit, return to main menu or restart mission ....

do i miss something ? is there a fighter somewhere where i can go in ? i'm a bit lost to be honest.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 12:04:31 am by Kher »

Offline Madeye

• Knowledge is power
Re: Am i stupid ? (spoiler)
I had the same problem yesterday. After several tries (including cheats) I resigned, got myself killed five times and advanced to the next mission.

Same here. Prolly a bug. Post a debug in the release thread

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Are you guys using 1.0.0 version of Aftermath or the recent update?
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Madeye

• Knowledge is power
Now the recent one :)

Offline Mito [PL]

I presume this problem is because of some change made after 1.0.0 was released. I think rolling back to 1.0.0 would fix the issue but I recall something about Herkie changing the campaign file name... Which would mean that FSO will treat 1.0.0 and 1.1.0 as separate campaigns and you'd need to start the older version from scratch (but your progress in the new version will be saved, so it's fine).

Question: could you install 1.0.0 and verify that you need to start the campaign over?
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

The problem seems to be in the campaign file, the entry for the mission is different to the normal ones:

Code: [Select]
$Mission: Act 3-d.fs2
+Flags: 0
+Main Hall: 0
+Formula: ( cond
   ( ( true ) ( next-mission "Act 3-d.fs2" ) )
)

+Mission Loop:
   (
      ( is-previous-event-true
         "Act 3-d.fs2"
         "Continue"
      )
      ( next-mission "Act 3-e.fs2" )
   )
)

+Level: 17
+Position: 0

The problem seems to be in the campaign file, the entry for the mission is different to the normal ones:

$Mission: Act 3-d.fs2
   ( ( true ) ( next-mission "Act 3-d.fs2" ) )
)

+Mission Loop:
   (
      ( is-previous-event-true
         "Act 3-d.fs2"
         "Continue"
      )
      ( next-mission "Act 3-e.fs2" )
   )
)

+Level: 17

Found another case: the mission pursuing the Anagora (not the actual disable mission) was a failure when it was actually accomplished. This is not just 1 mission I am afraid

Name of the mission or the mission file (or just the previous mission in techroom as the incomplete won't show up there yet)?

Name of the mission or the mission file (or just the previous mission in techroom as the incomplete won't show up there yet)?

"somewhere in the rocks" looking in the techroom

Yep same issue
$Mission: Act 6-e.fs2
   ( ( true ) ( next-mission "Act 6-e.fs2" ) )
)

+Mission Loop:
   (
      ( is-previous-event-true
         "Act 6-e.fs2"
         "Continue"
      )
      ( next-mission "Act 6-f.fs2" )
   )
)

+Level: 38

Offline Kher

I presume this problem is because of some change made after 1.0.0 was released. I think rolling back to 1.0.0 would fix the issue but I recall something about Herkie changing the campaign file name... Which would mean that FSO will treat 1.0.0 and 1.1.0 as separate campaigns and you'd need to start the older version from scratch (but your progress in the new version will be saved, so it's fine).

Question: could you install 1.0.0 and verify that you need to start the campaign over?

i have take a look at Knossos campaign option, no other versions than 1.1.0 are avaible, so, no possibility to downgrade

i have take a look at Knossos campaign option, no other versions than 1.1.0 are avaible, so, no possibility to downgrade

Click on the "details" button of the mod then click on the top left drop-down tab. 1.0.0 should be there. It is for my knossos

Offline Kher

mine give me only 1.1.0 version, i guess i'll have to wait for the dev to correct this :)

Does anyone have any workarounds for this?  Was really enjoying the campaign and now I am stuck.  No option for 1.0.0 here in Knossos here either.

AFAIK not. You can post where you are, possibly you get some help. Alternatively you can just cheat.

Offline Mito [PL]

1.0.0 should be available if you enter the mod details page in the Explore tab and unfold the selection list from the top left.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Unfortunately there is not an option for 1.0.0

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]

Explore tab, not Home.

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
It is a bug. A horrible one. I am very sorry for that. It's fixed now. The debrief will have a sad failure music, it's OK. It is intended.

What happen was the Branch SEXP and the Repeat Link SEXP in the mission loop was inverted or in reverse order. My mistake when I was editing things.

For anyone who can edit a campaign file, you can fix this. Just reverse the order. The Branch To SEXP above and place the Repeat Link SEXP below
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 08:00:31 am by herkie423 »