Author Topic: [RELEASE] GTGs Polemos  (Read 1952 times)

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
[RELEASE] GTGs Polemos
I have created a basic gunship based of the Chronos and amazon advanced drone, in the same vain of the anteus. i love  the idea of civilian ships being made into make shift warships and i think it fits so perfectly for both Fs1 and 2. Also ideal for mercs and raider groups. Also id say works with both freespace 1 and 2.

made entirely in PCS2

DOWNLOAD http://www.mediafire.com/file/lbirgzsmrfhwtv9/Polemos.zip/file

The Polemos is a gunship based off the old Chronos class freighter. With the loss of Capella and the damage done by the NTF, the GTVA found itself unable to protect all of its systems. Many of which have broken away from the GTVA to form their own governments and militia's. Without the military support of the GTVA fleets many of these systems became targets for the various Raider groups emerging. The Alphard Combine decided to refit their Amazon advanced drones and remaining chronos class freighters into makeshift gunships and thus the Polemos was born. The gunship has 4 mounted turrets with variable load out depending on the assignment and extra layers of armor for protection. They are often deployed in groups of 3 and are effective at anti fighter and bomber operations. The Polemos also retains the ability to dock with the TAC1 cargo containers and are also used as heavy freighters for carrying important cargo. They are heavily used by local militia's, mercs and various raider groups.

[attachment deleted by admin]
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline starlord

Re: [RELEASE] GTGs Polemos
I like it. A great complement to the Antaeus.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Great work, I can think of some uses for this retrofitted freighter.  :drevil:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
24th century gun truck! I'll take six!
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline starlord

Actually, isn’t there some sort of pirate boarding transport sloop that could be used as a counterpart for this? If I recall correctly the only examples in the user ships was the barracuda.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
The Tartarus transport is a much heavier version of the Elysium, but it features many significant changes to the mesh, while the Polemos retains the main Chronos design.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Cheers guys, yeah the point of the ship was something that was easy for say, local militias, raiders etc to put together and easy to maintain without having to come up with a new design. As in my head out of the way systems would probably still use the chronos or have the drone version and would be quicker and cheaper to modify an existing design. Also keeping the freighter design works for the raiders as they can steel cargo without the need for a separate freighter to dock with cargo.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

The Tartarus transport is a much heavier version of the Elysium, but it features many significant changes to the mesh, while the Polemos retains the main Chronos design.

The Tartarus is a very errr-design, this one is allright~

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Needs a counterpart TAC-1 with VLS missile batteries.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...