Author Topic: GOG/Knossos question.  (Read 2669 times)

Good evening and Happy Thanksgiving everyone.   I'm certain this question is already answered and couldn't find it throughout the forums, but i've bought Freespace 2 on gog and reinstall knossos.  Can't seem to find all the mods, only seeing 11 mods.  Am i doing something wrong here or the files are in the wrong place? 

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Okay, that sounds strange. To clarify, I understand there is only this many mods in the Explore tab? Also, did you let Knossos install retail FS2 when installing FSO too?
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
The mods you're seeing are the total conversions that don't require retail FS2 to be installed.  Like Mito said, this implies that you either didn't point Knossos to a retail FS2 install, or else something went wrong when it tried to find retail.  I know there's a way to get Knossos to figure out its crap with that, but I'll defer to someone who's more knowledgeable.

Offline Mito [PL]

Knossos used to be able to extract the required retail files from the GOG installer file itself, but that isn't the case anymore. GOG changed something in the installer and now Knossos can't do it correctly. Now you need to actually install FS2 and point Knossos to it. If you press the gear symbol in the topright corner of the Knossos interface, it will take you to a settings menu and you should see a "Install FS2" button, or something like that, you can use this to point Knossos to FS2 again.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Ah ok, i found the install button.   Didn't see that there.   I thank you all.   You all have a great holidays  :D

Knossos used to be able to extract the required retail files from the GOG installer file itself, but that isn't the case anymore. GOG changed something in the installer and now Knossos can't do it correctly. Now you need to actually install FS2 and point Knossos to it. If you press the gear symbol in the topright corner of the Knossos interface, it will take you to a settings menu and you should see a "Install FS2" button, or something like that, you can use this to point Knossos to FS2 again.

You should post that in https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=94068.980

Offline Mito [PL]

While the idea of making that more prominent is quite good, I don't really think we have a dedicated Knossos FAQ topic, but I figure we could reasonably make a request to the moderation staff to modify the opening post of the Knossos topic to include this under "Known issues" paragraph.

Pretty please?
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.