Author Topic: Who owns HLP?  (Read 2042 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
So I've been meaning to get around to this for a while. I'd like to compile a definitive list of who has access to the various parts of HLP. Who runs SVN? Discord? YouTube? Facebook? ModDB? etc. By having a list it would make it easier for us to make sure all messaging is consistent and updated at the same time. It would also make it easier to contact the person we need to speak to whenever issues do arise.

Freespace Wiki - List of moderators
Discord - MageKing17
ModDB - Karajorma (Goober, Chief, The E and Zacam should also have access).
Reddit - List of moderators
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 10:09:30 pm by karajorma »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
MageKing17 probably owns the Discord server - only the server manager can invite bots, and since MageKing can do that, they must be the owner.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I actually knew that one, but I figured it's important to have a gimme to get the ball rolling.

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
Why do I wanna say SVN was mjn? Am I just delusional?
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Speaking of ModDB (it's no secret that I'm pretty much the most active HLPer on that website), each mod and TC has its owner and administrator. Sometimes, profiles are managed by teams where each member has certain privileges in terms of editing.

There is however a FreeSpace 2 Open profile where basic information concerning the game and SCP is provided, and it'd be nice to know who's managing that page.

EDIT: there's a team behind that page and, judging from the e-mail address, the profile manager could be karajorma himself.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 04:50:03 am by Mobius »
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Actually everyone who is in the SCP group on ModDB should be able to manage that page.
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
I remember a post where mjn said something about that he was managing the HLP Twitter.

Maybe a reason why i was never retweeted *g*
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Speaking of ModDB (it's no secret that I'm pretty much the most active HLPer on that website), each mod and TC has its owner and administrator. Sometimes, profiles are managed by teams where each member has certain privileges in terms of editing.

There is however a FreeSpace 2 Open profile where basic information concerning the game and SCP is provided, and it'd be nice to know who's managing that page.

EDIT: there's a team behind that page and, judging from the e-mail address, the profile manager could be karajorma himself.

That wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. I was one of the first people to use the ModDB and was responsible for adding BtRL and later Diaspora. I stopped using the site after both mods were unceremoniously deleted without even sending me a PM. Part of the reason for compiling this list is so that if someone did want to take over running the SCP page on there, they'd know who to contact.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Yeah ModDB became popular (kind of) on HLP in late 2008 and many FS mods created their own ModDB profiles between late 2008 and 2009.

Unfortunately, most profiles are not up to date - take Twisted Infinities and Between the Ashes, for example, which are both reported as "still WIP", with undefined release dates.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Yep. That's the sort of thing I was on about when I mentioned consistent messaging. Once we've sorted out what external sites exist and who runs them we can worry about how we go about making them all up to date.

I own HLP's heart.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Yep. That's the sort of thing I was on about when I mentioned consistent messaging. Once we've sorted out what external sites exist and who runs them we can worry about how we go about making them all up to date.

That's going to be a challenge, however. The main FS2 SCP profile can and will eventually be updated, but individual mod profiles (TI, BtA, etc.) can be edited by their own teams and project leaders, only.

We may ask ModDB's administration about the possibility of kickstarting some FS2 overhaul project meant to grant access to outdated mod profiles and edit them accordingly, but I'm afraid it will be much more complicated than expected.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I'm not sure if this is relevant since the FSWiki is under the HLP domain, but if you're looking for "owners" of the wiki, any user with "bureaucrat" rights is your go-to.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

For the subreddit r/freespace (not HLP - but listed as HLP on Reddit in the top navbar): https://www.reddit.com/r/freespace/about/moderators/

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I'm the most active moderator on that subreddit... which isn't saying much. But I wrote the FAQ and set up the theme/graphics.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

It should be noted that reddit essentially operates by a cyber-feudal system and the first moderator on the list has total authority to boot all the others at any time, subject to narrow conditions which will make reddit's corporate administration intervene. It is useful to keep tabs on who they are.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
Social media designs which create toxic leadership structures, woohoo!!