Author Topic: !  (Read 1816 times)

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
I can't get pretty in helicopters. Hell, I don't want pretty, but I can't quite manage that certain degree of ugly that mekes helicopters cool, either. So which of my dual-prop monstrosities is better?

NOTE: results will not change anything at all, really. I might make a third one later, but other than that, I'm not getting rid of either of these, so nothing will change. I just like posting pictures.

Offline Kamikaze

• A Complacent Wind
    • http://www.nodewar.com
hmm, it may be rendering angle/background but I like the first one better... it looks more, eh "real" (the other looks kinda plasticky) :nod:
Science alone of all the subjects contains within itself the lesson of the danger of belief in the infallibility of the greatest teachers in the preceding generation . . .Learn from science that you must doubt the experts. As a matter of fact, I can also define science another way: Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts. - Richard Feynman

Offline DragonClaw

• Romeo Kilo India Foxtrot
Give the rotary blade an enormous rotation speed(I mean huge) and the camera a tiny bit of motion blur, and then it'll look like its actually flying... :D

I think I like the cockpit of the 2nd one better, but the overall design of the first one is better imo.

P.S.  Stop giving ur topics titles of various punctuation marks :p  Confuses the feeble-minded

Offline Redfang

Nice thread title, as always... :blah:

Both are pretty good, but I like the second one more. I don't know why, but I do. :yes:
Originally posted by Stryke 9
NOTE: results will not change anything at all, really. I might make a third one later, but other than that, I'm not getting rid of either of these, so nothing will change. I just like posting pictures.
And I like looking at them. :)

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
Very good, but they look a bit lego-fied.

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
I like em both, but I prefer the first one. :yes:

After seeing this, I'd ask you if you could model and render some ships from Nodewars. But then I remembered your stance on such things. ;)
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
I only take issue with the way NW is run- I don't like playing it. I'd have no problem with modeling a coupla ships, provided there isn't some Byzantine set of regulations controlling that, as well. You'd have to wait 'till the weekend, though, school and ****e...
You can take your pick of the stuff I have on my site, since it's not entirely likely I'll ever have the opportunity to ship them in a coherent package, or I can work on it this weekend.

DC: I would, but at 30RPS their motion blur ends up looking more linear. I dunno, I'm looking into it. At any rate, the dual props don't move quite so fast as regular helicopters, on account of the fact that the propellers are more efficient (and heavier- they'd fly off if they spun too fast.:p)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2002, 06:36:36 pm by 262 »