Author Topic: FS2 StarWars  (Read 32581 times)

Offline AqueousShadow

• Devil
  • Imperial Highway
I WANT THAT X-WING!!! :D  ;7 :yes:

So will all the Star Wars theam be there for battle?, and the other stuff?, how many tracks will you be able to choose from? for ingame miuc? and the thrusters are pink not red look at all the games the Xwing has been in their all pink.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2002, 09:38:41 am by 194 »
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

6 versions of X wing/meshes/textures available at  Theforce.net/scifi3d/
They also have many new imperial craft that I never even hear of but look AWESOME! Also the hangerbays you can download have a polished floor effect, way cool! There is a Death Star trench run I figure that you can make multiple copies of and stick the section together no? (Something the geo mod peeps should take a look at). Please go there and convert those models to FS2!!! I really need the executioner... ;7

Ok need is a strong word, I really need the gigas, I just want the executioner.

Hurry up and figure out a way to make a surface we can fight on... The sooner that happens the sooner we can unleash the AT-Ats!!! (did I mention they were availible?)

Oh Yeah - (Join the Empire)... Or else... :mad2:
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Most of those models looked a bit high poly for FS2, but they did look sweet :)

Oh, and BTW...

Hurry up and figure out a way to make a surface we can fight on... The sooner that happens the sooner we can unleash the AT-Ats!!! (did I mention they were availible?)

FS2 is a space combat simulator. There is no ground in space. Live with it.

I'm sorry if I seem a bit abrupt, but this isn't directed entirely or even primarily at you. This topic has come up numerous times before and we always come to the same conclusion - the ground would take too long to render in the FS2 engine, and we wouldn't have stuff like gravity anyway. If you want ground combat, try a game designed for it.

[/rant] :D

Oh yeah, I almost forgot - I get the X Wing before You! Nah nah nah nah nah! :p ;)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2002, 10:00:06 am by 302 »
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

That was truly uncalled for... Besides you made it from scatch (but that's ok I use it too!)

Nanny nanny boo boo! :nod:

As for your remarks about FS2 being JUST a space combat sim... True, but look forward to FS3 (being created here), we'll get there eventually it may take awhile, but will definately be worth the wait!!!!!!!! BTW there are already 3 mechs in the game so the old argument is quickly fading away :cool:

They are Rifelman(needs work), Battlepod,and Officer Pod (Marauder)...OPs!!!! Forgot the Female Quadrano Power Armor. Make that 4 Mechs! And when the RT mod comes back from their ?Vacation? they should be finishing the fully transformable veritechs so that will add (count them) 3 MORE mechs! (vf-1j, vf-1a, and Super VT) of course the SDF-1 will then be able to go to mech mode (drools)...

besides... I need a suface for my mars mission, and the khyron on earth missions, and the last mission (spoilers but hey)... :doh:
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

[email protected]

Offline AqueousShadow

• Devil
  • Imperial Highway
Yea, surfaces to fight on is kind of out of the question, but it doesn't hurt to hope :D It also wouldn't hurt to hope that we can fight down the Death Star trenches, hehheehehe Hmmm...I wonder when an actual campaign will come out. I mean, do we want the original Star Wars story? Or do we wanna make up our own crazy plot? And if we do recreate the Star Wars story and incorporate it into FS2, will we want to start from Episode 1? Or do we wanna screw up like FOX did and put out the 4th episode first? Ahh, yes...questions, questions. And if you're reading this Karma, I WANNA BE A PART OF THE TEAM!!! hahahahaha ;7 :yes:

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
*wiggles feet in joy*
I got the X-wing, I got the X-wing...

Karma, I'll POF edit that thing and get it to you after you re-upload it. Did I send you that wing-leading-edge texture for the TIEs? It makes them look much better.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
well for the missions i think that for starting we can build some small campaigns reproducing the original starwars battles, i have a nice idea for example for a two-three missions campaign covering hoth battle, that was only marginally reproduced in the original star wars simulators, then we may build something more complex once we have an idea for the plot, btw this will be mostly a total conversion, so anybody will be free to build campaign for this mod
about the surface/death stars....
i'v read a lot of posts about atmospheric flight, and i have an idea of the  limitations we are talking about, but i think that build a death star with the trench...well it is a worth try, even if it will be absolutely impossible:)
actually i have a couple of ideas to do that but i'm not so expert in "strange things" and there is a lot of job to do first
i'd like also some atmospheric flight, and i was thinking about bespin for another of the campaigns i was talking about:
it hasn't exactly a surface and using the right background and the right nebula will probably simulate it in a decent way...well i'll try one day or another, but i have to learn first how to modify nebulaes pofs:p

galactic emperor, no you didn't send it to me ... well i'm obviously protective about my artworks, but if it will work better as you say i will surely agree in the change (althought i liked the old texture...eheh the tf was my first 3dmodel/texture artwork, probably if i was doing it now i would have done a lot of things different, starting from the uvmaps:)) i'll reupload the model tomorrow, i had not enought time today to finish it
oh and  AqueousShadow, you are surely welcome as anybody that wants to give us an hand....i'm looking forward for example for a nice slave1 from Vasudan Admiral:)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2002, 07:27:50 pm by 433 »

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I'd still like to see a campaign where a Star Destroyer makes a freak accident hyperspace jump into a nebula, wherein lurk Shivans. Turbolasers vs. beam cannons. Maybe the TC can replace all the Terran and Vasudans ships/weapons but leave the Shivan entries alone.

If VA is making a Slave I, now that we have a full inventory of its weapons from AOTC I can arm it using POF and table editing. I figure quad blasters on the guns on the bottom, with proton torpedoes at the base of the trunk and a new, rapid-fire laser for the main guns. I can name it 'illegal laser' and use it for the Millennium Falcon's turrets, as well.

Karma, please remember to add support ship docking points to your models. Otherwise you're doing great on the fighters! Keep it up, and maybe someone else will be kind enough to do the capital ships.

Remember how I managed the two Y-wing variants? Perhaps we could do the same for the B-wing and the B-wing/E. Have their primary loadouts differ and have the wings in different positions. Example:
B-wing- Vertical attitude, bank 1 on three wingtips, bank 2 three hardpoints in cockpit.
B-wing/E- Horizontal attitude, bank 1 one gun on the main wing and two in the cockpit, bank 2 one gun on each wing.
I'll take care of the guns if you just make two POFs in different flight attitudes. Skinwise we can do it in two different squad colors, similar to the Y-wing I reskinned.

This is just internal speculation, pardon me for rambling. Must have patience for POFs... must await models...
« Last Edit: August 12, 2002, 08:39:32 pm by 510 »
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

I forgot to mention... They have rendered backgrounds and models of buildings in 3d.. Guess that means if you make Pof's of them that you can blow them up??? Sorta like Rogue Squadron flying back and forth over the target. Just for ambience can you use thier death star and cloud city for backgrounds??? They didn't mention the poly count... I suggest trying out their trench for a mini test if the run is feasible.. L8tr.

[email protected]

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
dragon, i already know this site, as like the older, bigger and closed:( swma.net .
the point is that those models are built with completely different purposes than what we need: we need models to work in a game, those are models built for renders, this means hi polycount(one of their tie fighter was of more of 10000 polys....), interceptions, dozens and dozens of subobjects, materials
we already have problems when we try convert models built for other games, to convert that kind of models will be pretty impossible i dare

Offline AqueousShadow

• Devil
  • Imperial Highway
Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
Karma, please remember to add support ship docking points to your models. Otherwise you're doing great on the fighters! Keep it up, and maybe someone else will be kind enough to do the capital ships.

He's right, but I don't think we'd want to see a GTS Hygeia docking with an X-wing now do we? And since the original Star Wars games don't have support ships for that kind of thing (or they do, but I don't ever recall them), we'd have to improvise. I was thinking that TUG's could be used as support ships, but then again, TUG's are what they are. They "TUG" things around. haha :rolleyes: Newayz, KARMA, if you could name the models that you still need, I think I can work up what little skills I have and work on them. :D

No offence to Karma or anything but you other models slow the game down so much I can't play it and I got a fast P.C. too.
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
Originally posted by StarGunner
No offence to Karma or anything but you other models slow the game down so much I can't play it and I got a fast P.C. too.
haha LOL

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
lol, i have a voodoo2(8mb..)+pII400 and i haven't noticed this big slow down, althought i never tested em in missions with a lot of ships(max was 15 at the same time in a nebula with asteroids i think, eh:))
btw a certain level of details has a payout of an high polycount, its the price to pay:) try to reduce details

Offline Solatar

has the source for Rogue Squadron been (Or going to be ) released? We could use it. Also, some editing so that the background is blue, with clouds instead of stars.

Offline AqueousShadow

• Devil
  • Imperial Highway
Well, I don't experience the "slowdown" either. I mean, I have a 300 Mhz, PII, 128 MB RAM, and a Voodoo 3 2000 card, and I play the game with all details on maximum. That means that it's on custom, not Very High Detail, and I've played with about 20 Cains, 8 Astaroths, an Eva, 2 Rakshasas, 2 Lucifers, and an Aeolus' engines in my face. Not to mention the many beams that they are all firing at each other. No problem here :D And about the "small campaigns" that KARMA was suggesting, I think I can do the Hoth battle that he wants. I've played the missions in Tie Fighter so many times that I can't even count them. All I need is a Rebel Frigate, a Rebel Space Installation, X-wings, Y-wings, B-wings, Tie Fighters, Tie Bombers, a Hoth planet background, and...I think that's it. I'm not asking for much :rolleyes: What I also think would be cool, is that we can make some campaigns for one side, and then remake them into the other side. For instance, I can make the Hoth battle from the Rebel perspective and then recreate it into the Imperial perspective. Let's get this thing rolling :nod:

Not the new models the old ones.:rolleyes: and don't laff, at me I got a G-force 4ti400 (64mb) card and a prosesr that is equail to a PIII!:mad:  On top of that I got DDR memory, and I run in 256 color, and 600 megs of RAM

:p Can't beat that I own you all when it comes to who has the fastess P.C.:p :p
« Last Edit: August 14, 2002, 11:03:30 am by 194 »

Offline AqueousShadow

• Devil
  • Imperial Highway
Well you sure can beat us in who has the fastest computer, but you obviously don't have the best performance. If you're running in 256 colors and it still has a slowdown, there must be something wrong with your computer.

Originally posted by AqueousShadow
Well you sure can beat us in who has the fastest computer, but you obviously don't have the best performance. If you're running in 256 colors and it still has a slowdown, there must be something wrong with your computer.

it's only if I use the older models for the SW TC I don't know whay it's not working. the two new TIE models work, and run with no slowdowns.:confused:

could it be a bug in the old models?:confused:
« Last Edit: August 14, 2002, 04:51:41 pm by 194 »