Author Topic: FS2 StarWars  (Read 32581 times)

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by StarGunner
Not the new models the old ones.:rolleyes: and don't laff, at me I got a G-force 4ti400 (64mb) card and a prosesr that is equail to a PIII!:mad:  On top of that I got DDR memory, and I run in 256 color, and 600 megs of RAM

:p Can't beat that I own you all when it comes to who has the fastess P.C.:p :p

Um..... a P3 isn't exactly a great processor, anyways.  

FS2 is a space combat simulator. There is no ground in space. Live with it.

I don;t remeber TIE fighter having any surface missions either, and that was a good game. :nod:

If I remember correctly their is a traning mission where you have to do a 'Beggar's Canyon" like run. Because the Tie has no shields its a more dangerous ship to fly so command wants to train you to have better reflexes and piloting skills. (watch out for those walls!!!) I hated it and barely got through it...
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

I whant a Battle of Endor!:nod:  That would be sooo cool to see that, and with no Beams on ships you could rilly cranek the number of ships up high.:yes: :yes:
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Originally posted by StarGunner
I whant a Battle of Endor!:nod:  That would be sooo cool to see that, and with no Beams on ships you could rilly cranek the number of ships up high.:yes: :yes:

lol, intentionally recreating the worst habit of new FREDders - could be fun actually...
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
if a battle like that was fredded properly, it should work really well. just having a load of ships with "attack ship" orders isn't going to get very far. :)
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
The BOE is a real pain in the ass to do - not even LucasArts got it right in XWA.
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat

I love the re-release of the X-wing. It's got that "used" look.
The Y wings are cool too. G.E. did a smashing job, I especially liked how well he got the sounds right for the ships/weaponry (assuming he did it all himself) :wink:

Karma,
Sorry if I came on too strong about sci-fi3d. I figured mentioning it was taking a shot in the dark, but seeing voyager blast an AT-AT on hoth got me inspired to keep looking for useable things (genre related)...
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Originally posted by Star Dragon
If I remember correctly their is a traning mission where you have to do a 'Beggar's Canyon" like run. Because the Tie has no shields its a more dangerous ship to fly so command wants to train you to have better reflexes and piloting skills. (watch out for those walls!!!) I hated it and barely got through it...

That was Rebel Assault 2 :nod:
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Originally posted by Killfrenzy
The BOE is a real pain in the ass to do - not even LucasArts got it right in XWA.

Yeah they did do it right, you just think that because you could not beat that 3 mission battle, Thats the best BOE I've ever played, and I bet that the Gamcoube one sucks ass, that game should have been made for the Xbox.
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
BUMPITY!

Been a while since this was bumped. Waiting for hosting and all... Seeing as Karma is working on an A-Wing I've decided to toy around wih Rhino and make a Sun Crusher to go along with my Resonance Torpedo and the supernova code in FS2. Here's a screen of the WIP. I don't know how to turret or texture but I'm working on it. If I can pull this off I'll know how to make a fighter in Freespace from start to finish! Yay.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
I've been meaning to post on this thread for awhile, always forgot :blah:

Anyway, Karma, what are you waiting for from me? I've lost track of what I have and haven't sent you.
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Oh, and the Imperator is supposed to have more than 12 turrets...
6 Mega Turbo-Laser Cannons (Long range anti-cap, mounted on top, 3 per side)
2 Quadruple Mount Heavy Turbo-Laser Cannons (Long range anti-cap, each one is mounted on the side of the 'trench' of the ship)
9 Defensive Turbolaser Turrets (Medium-Range General purpose, 3 in front of superstructure in a line, four underneath and to the rear, 2 near fighterbays,)
2 Mega Ion Cannons (Long range anti-cap, 4th in the series of the large turrets on top of the ship on either side of the superstructure)
30 60mm Point defence Laser turrets (anti-fighter/missle, even distribution)
20 80mm Point defence Ion cannons (anti-fighter/missle, even distribution)
4 Capital sized Proton torpedo batteries (General purpose, two on each side in the 'trench', one close to the front, other furhter back near the midships.)

wow , where did you get those statistics?
:D
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Gee, look what I found! And with a little work, a POF.

It has really bad geometry though. Bobboau did some work on it but it didn't help much; I'll give it to BW when I see him and he can work on it.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Oh...My...God. :eek2:

I never thought I'd see it... GE, you seriously are the man.

But, um, what was it you wanted me to do to it? I'm not a modeller unfortunately, I do 2d stuff, shield Icons, interfaces, command briefs, etc., and I'll probably end up FREDding when we get that far, but no modelling, sadly.

[EDIT]

Found this on a site, it seems fairly standard -

WEAPONS:  550 Taim & Bak Heavy Laser Cannons;
   500 Taim & Bak Turbolaser Batteries;
   75 Borstel Ion Cannon Batteries;
   100 Phylon Tractor Beam Projectors;
   10 Sienar Fleet Systems Gravity Well Projectors;
   Axial Superlaser (Planet-Destroyer)

We're probably going to have to tone that down just a little, yes? :)

[/EDIT]
« Last Edit: October 02, 2002, 02:53:30 am by 302 »
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Okay, the geometry is all fixed, it's a completely layered 3DM now. I did all that myself, with Rhino... whoopie! If KARMA can take it into trueSpace, glue its 70 turrets, and texture it, I'll do the PCS, ModelView, and table post-processing.

I'm looking for a tutorial on LODs and debris... Sandwich's tutorial didn't cover those.

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
New forum graphics, to be used soon (I hope!)

Which of these do we want as an avatar?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2002, 07:06:22 pm by 510 »

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Death Star! Go the Death Star!
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
Okay, the geometry is all fixed, it's a completely layered 3DM now. I did all that myself, with Rhino... whoopie! If KARMA can take it into trueSpace, glue its 70 turrets, and texture it, I'll do the PCS, ModelView, and table post-processing.

I'm looking for a tutorial on LODs and debris... Sandwich's tutorial didn't cover those.

ummmmm what the hell is that anyway?
Kiss my Fluffy White Ass!