Author Topic: PCS2 Test Builds  (Read 76935 times)

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Yihaaa !! Kazan is back !! I hope I could at least convert some Star Wars models without having those error message :p

Offline Krackers87

• 158 crew
http://ferrium.org/media/pcs2-alpha-20070507b.zip

try loading .cob's

Wow, i have been waiting for this for so long it brings tears to my eyes.

I love you...
Put this in your profile if you know someone who is fighting, has survived, or has died from an awp no scope.

just like seventies goofballs
he's waiting on last calls
well listen method man
'cause if you leave on the last line
don't leave on the ground kind
born just a little too slow

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
well ive hit this version with several different heirarchy setups and couldnt make it apear to screw up. it would be nice if we had some sobj data which i could view so could make sure that everything is in order data-wise.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Water

Doesn't seem to do anything useful with cob for me. (visually)
On the left the numbers look like they are right. The model view screen remains black.
It opens pof ok,  but without texture.
Program was run from dir containing dll's. - cobs were in fs\data\models - cobs generated by pcs1
Another cob (known to have problems) does show model image - but viewport seems to be inside ship.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
you cannot directly load COBs generated by PCS1.x
you also have to setup your texture paths

Offline Water

you cannot directly load COBs generated by PCS1.x
you also have to setup your texture paths
Thanks
Didn't notice the default path had \games\ in it

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Getting some strange smoothing errors with this one that weren't present in the previous:

Also, about textures - setting a texture path as say, C:\Freespace2\ will enable it to use any textures in VPs in that folder, but it doesn't propagate down to the data\maps folders. Should it? Or do we need to add C:\Freespace2\data\maps\ to the texture paths?

And finally, I'm not sure if this will be of any help to you, but I'll post it anyway - I'm occasionally getting a crash on exit:
 "ModName: nvoglnt.dll" and it spits out a
The instruction at "0x69679004" referenced memory at "0x00000099". The memory could not be "written"
type error at the same time.
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
C:\Freespace2\

will search for textures in

C:\Freespace2\ (files)
C:\Freespace2\data\maps (files)
C:\Freespace2\ (vps)

and i don't know your model well enough to see the errors myself

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Hmm - it doesn't seem to though. Just tested again to be sure, but it seems if I have a dds map in data\maps and set the texture path to the parent \freespace2 directory, it won't load and just displays white.
Changing the entry to include the data\maps\ loads it fine.
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
that's prob a bug with the new search code

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Ok. :)

And the smoothing errors are the splattering seen all over the hull in weird places. This is what we get with the exact same scn file, but with the previous version - the one that took much longer to convert:

Twisted Infinities

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Yep, only textures from the VP are found, those in /data/maps/ are ignored.

Also, it seems to randomly choose which LOD gets displayed, and I cannot change it. And lastly, an option to pan the model around in the render window is necessary.

Overall, I'd say this is on the right track :yes:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 04:45:56 pm by Col. Fishguts »
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Jouzin

• Big FS fan...
    • Webpage
YIhaaa :)   PCS is back :)
Let's download and try alpha version of PCS 2 :)

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Ok. :)

And the smoothing errors are the splattering seen all over the hull in weird places. This is what we get with the exact same scn file, but with the previous version - the one that took much longer to convert:

now that i think about it im seeing this too. the b version is faster but it lacks the really good smoothing of the previous version. remember how good the smooting on the chimera looked back when it had its sobjs splayed out all over the place. now same model looks as garbeled as the first loki va posted. i personally dont mind waiting longer if the results will be better. maybe a fast smoothing option in the settings, which can be disabled for final versions, and enabled for test compiles. then again the compile time isnt _that_ long.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 05:27:32 pm by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
by "previous version" to you mean the non-B revision from that date of PCS2 builds, or do you mean PCS1?

if the first then that means my optimization introduced a bug that i need to correct, if the second.... i dunno, bob wrote smoothing for PCS1

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Awesome, finally got PCS2 to load on my PC.

PCS2 seems to load ships upside down or the viewpoint directly under them. And when I loaded the Hercules it looked a little... longer, if you will. Not the "fat" kind of Hercules we all know and love, but a slightly stretched out Hercules.

I forgot this was test build when I started looking for the eyepoint editors, weapons, paths, docking points, whatever. :D
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
by "previous version" to you mean the non-B revision from that date of PCS2 builds, or do you mean PCS1?

if the first then that means my optimization introduced a bug that i need to correct, if the second.... i dunno, bob wrote smoothing for PCS1

i mean the non-b version of pcs2, just to clairify.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Yeah - non-b version of PCS2 here too.
Twisted Infinities

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
ok, my optimization introduced a bug then