Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 579075 times)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I did. And as an update, it seems that Minecraft refuses to start up whenever I have my internet connection working.

Stupid game! Work, damn you! I didn't pay $12.35 for you to break!  :banghead:
Try running it from the command line or a batch file... Basically running java.exe with minecraft.jar as a parameter.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
My plans for my new kingdom (WIP)

just a rough outline..most of the buildings are missing, but enough is there to get the point across.

If you overlay that onto a dynmap screenshot, I might help clear the area for you if it doesn't get too close to anyone elses stuff.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I should be alright... I'm far away..and the closest to me is Sandwich.

I will catch you later to help me set up the wall
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

Is that the place to the south-west of my place? I see what looks like one of the walls on the dynmap. If so, the location is totally fine by me. :)

Also, looks like you've got some epic mountains to your south-west... :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Holy crap.  I did some more exploring in the caverns below my home cave, and I lit up all these other passages going down, and I stumbled across a spider spawner and a couple of chests with some awesome stuff like redstone and iron, and then I got ambushed by a few zombies and offed, then I went back to grab my stuff and got sneak-ganked by a creeper, then I got back and actually got my stuff, and am I babbling I think I'm babbling...

Okay...why didn't I get this game a year ago. :D

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Hehee...

Is anyone else having problems logging in to Rhx's server? My MC keeps locking up on the "Logging in..." screen when I try to join. I redownloaded the files and everything...

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I just tried to myself, and I sat through about thirty seconds of the loading stream before I got some sort of error message.

Holy crap that creeper, though.  I didn't hear a thing, and then the thing practically lands on my head and instantly explodes.  I sat there laughing at my screen for about ten seconds afterwards. :p

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I..HATE..Endermen.

They are worse than Creepers. At least creepers don't do any damage if you keep distance. But Endermen keep stealing blocks as long as they are in the same area as you.
I must have killed a dozen of the bastards when they tried to dismantle my buildings. And I still find missing blocks...

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

Is that the place to the south-west of my place? I see what looks like one of the walls on the dynmap. If so, the location is totally fine by me. :)

Also, looks like you've got some epic mountains to your south-west... :p

SW? Erm..if that's the direction from the town to you place..then yes. If you continue along that line past your place, you should hit my new kingdom.

Coordinates of the corner nearest to you are roughly 1200, 1050

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
Sara was using the 1.7.3 version (she said so in her post :P)

I gave Aether a try on 1.7.3 as well with no luck, I think it's because the stuff like the current Modloader etc are written for 1.8, even if you do have a compatible version of the Aether itself.

No she said "getting all the needed files (even 1.7.3 versions)"

From the way she phrased it's possible she just went and downloaded 1.7.3 modloader and the other requisites, thinking that might make it work on 1.8.1 minecraft (which is a reasonable assumption for other games, but not for minecraft). If she was using 1.7.3 minecraft think she would have just said that.

As for your problem, you're right it's because you used 1.8.1 modloader. Use the 1.7.3 version of modloader on 1.7.3 minecraft with 1.7.3 aether and it should work.
Like I said minecraft isn't backwards compatible with older mods, but the same also applies with new mods/tools on an old minecraft.

--------------------

Monopoly in Minecraft! Who's up for a game? :lol:

HOOOOOLY SHIIIII--
Minecraft in minecraft is cooler :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdnO1QZJ--M
Though granted it's not multiplayer.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 06:54:55 am by Grimper »
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I've seen that....too complicated. :rolleyes:

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
SW? Erm..if that's the direction from the town to you place..then yes. If you continue along that line past your place, you should hit my new kingdom.

Yeah, those directions are for the dynmap, not the real in-game orientation (where the sun rises in the north, etc). Hopefully all that confusion will be fixed once 1.9 is released (Notch changed the sun to rise in the east in 1.9). It'll probably mean the maps will rotate counter-clockwise 90 degrees, but it's all for the best. :)

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Grimper, I improved the station where your house is. Check it out and tell me if you approve.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam

Yeah, those directions are for the dynmap, not the real in-game orientation (where the sun rises in the north, etc). Hopefully all that confusion will be fixed once 1.9 is released (Notch changed the sun to rise in the east in 1.9). It'll probably mean the maps will rotate counter-clockwise 90 degrees, but it's all for the best. :)

Why he couldn't just say "ok oops, that way is east" is beyond me. He's just causing pain for every minimap/compass mod maker. There is no 'better' when everyone I know (and anyone I talk with on the server) already treated it like the sun came up in the east and clouds moved north.

Oh, and if dyna rotates with it, it'll mess up the view of the Fenris.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Oh, and if dyna rotates with it, it'll mess up the view of the Fenris.

It will? How come?

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
It'll probably mean the maps will rotate counter-clockwise 90 degrees

Turn dyna, thats the glass side of Fenris.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I hate myself now. And the universe. I made some gross miscalculations. 1 single block error and the entire thing ruined.....
The wall will require massive re-structuring.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken