Author Topic: Twilight Princess Discusion  (Read 11236 times)

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
Twilight Princess Discusion
Okay, I've found the chunk from the Bridge of Eldin, but earlier when the shadow things had shown up I just ran past them, so now there's no warp for me to get the chunk through.  Help please.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 09:56:46 pm by Retsof »
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Offline Topgun

Re: I need help with Twilight Princess
I think if you get near the bridge, the midna button will come up. press it.
I might be wrong though.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
I'd recommend turning the system off, removing the game, and never putting it back in.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'd recommend turning the system off, removing the game, and never putting it back in.
loltroll

I sadly haven't played the game myself (still holding out for the Wii version), but GameFAQs probably has the answer you're looking for.  From everything I've heard, their forums are to be avoided like the plague, but they have a lot of very dedicated members who come up with a lot of great walkthroughs.

Offline Fenrir

• ?
Umm, walk back there from the north and kill the Shadow Beings.

And GameFAQs has some good communities if you know where to look. Just avoid the game specific forums and you'll be somewhat better off.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
What's wrong with the game-specific forums? Lots of unruly flaming?
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Al Tarket

• A resident nutcase from Jerusalem.
    • An FSO Modification site
if its to be avoided like a plague, it probably does mean: flaming, trolling, spamming, hate preaching, baised admins, unjust banning and god knows what other horrors lurk on their site :rolleyes:.

i suggest ign, they have good resources for games and upcoming tv shows and such.
Cowardice is no selfishness, Friendliness is no enemy and Information is no attack platform.

Judge these words wisely and you might make it through this cruel world.

Offline Fenrir

• ?
It's the rather restrictive ToS that is a turn-off for many. Things are usually moderated well enough, but with a site as big as it is, there's plenty of room for error. Also, since a big portion of the site are people in their teen years, you can imagine the average maturity level.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Like I said, I've been warned away from their forums, but I love the hell out of the walkthrough-writing community.  It beats the pants off paying $20 for a book I'll only use twice, though I guess in-store reading is an option as well.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
...beats the pants off paying $20 for a book I'll only use twice, though I guess in-store reading is an option as well.
In Singapore, all guide books are wrapped up in plastic.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

if its to be avoided like a plague, it probably does mean: flaming, trolling, spamming, hate preaching, baised admins, unjust banning and god knows what other horrors lurk on their site :rolleyes:.

i suggest ign, they have good resources for games and upcoming tv shows and such.

I frequent GameFAQs's forums, and they're... well, they have some idiots, but there are plenty of helpful people as well. Mostly, the trolls and flaming get lambasted pretty quick by everyone else on the board. Moderators, on the other hand, seem to be nonexistant, except for deleting comments perceived to be "inappropriate". It's only on the boards for really popular games (ie, Brawl) that trolls run rampant. Most others are populated by people who actually play the game.

Besides, they have a new "Answers" system on GameFAQs: post a question, forum-goers post answers. Except that you don't actually have to go into the forums to ask it.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
You know what's sad... I'm just as bad at fishing in the game as I am in real life...

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
Re: Twilight Princess Discusion
I managed to beat it
Spoiler:
Sure Minda was hot, but the ending left me saying "bububububu... NO! but WHY?" (yes I'm one of those people who forms a bond with the characters as long as it's written good enough) There is a sliver of hope though because that fused shadow is still laying in that field...

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Sure Minda was hot...
Wait wait wait... imp Midna or tall Midna? Because imp Midna was alright, had the hips and all, but tall Midna just freaked me out. :blah:
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Fenrir

• ?
Spoiler:
I'd hardly call either form "hot," but tall Midna was pretty weird. I suppose it's because I'm so used to her "imp" form.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
loltroll

I sadly haven't played the game myself (still holding out for the Wii version), but GameFAQs probably has the answer you're looking for.  From everything I've heard, their forums are to be avoided like the plague, but they have a lot of very dedicated members who come up with a lot of great walkthroughs.

The walkthroughs on Gamefaqs are outstanding. I routinely check them out for a variety of games, especially those that I'm doing a second playthrough with. Their forums, on the other hand, have a uniformly bad reputation just about everywhere else I've seen, although I have not been there myself. The karma system there for new users is alone enough to turn me away.

Offline Fenrir

• ?
The secret to GameFAQs is avoiding the game boards. Especially the boards for popular games like SSBB, Halo, or whatever. There are various social boards not tied to a particular game which have much better communities.

And the Karma system is pretty weird and more of a relic from the site's history than anything, but it becomes irrelevant after 75 points or so.

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
Sure Minda was hot...
Wait wait wait... imp Midna or tall Midna? Because imp Midna was alright, had the hips and all, but tall Midna just freaked me out. :blah:
Tall Minda, imp Midna... not so much, better when in shadow form.  But did the ending depress anyone other then me?

Offline Fenrir

• ?
I felt similar about the ending.

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
So what do you think?  Will the
Spoiler:
fused shadow that is still in the feild where Ganon dropped it
will be the focus of or play a part in the next game?  (come on people, I'm trying to start a discussion)