Author Topic: FRED Academy  (Read 270522 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
No problem :) I'll add you to list :) Check out this list of common mistakes cause it should be equally applicable to TBP
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Vainzki

Thanks for the list :) I already noticed one or two mistakes I do every time and then wonder what went wrong. Anyways I'll start working on it now. Can't give any deadline right now though. But I try to get something up after a week or so.

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
If you remember, Karajorma, I said I was interested FREDding the B5 demo campaign but I told the FRED2_Open 3.5.6. don't work on my PC. But! I tried it today and noticed that if I click the error messages off I can use it. Although I can't see the ship models or ship info.

So.. I'd like to join and FRED the B5 campaign mission 2. Ok? :)

And I'll release C1M7 v6 soon. Tonight or tomorrow. :)
No surrender, no retreat.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Excellent. I'll add you straight away :)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
c2m9 is going slowly but surely.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
I was thinking using these wing names for Narn:
Val'Drog
Du'V
T'Bok
Li'Rok
Ja'Far

And for Centauri:
Rego
Valo
Torr
Callo
Varia

Is this ok or does somebody have a better idea? :)

[EDIT] I also have two B5 system maps. Not sure how canon they are, though...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 02:46:27 pm by 2137 »

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Originally posted by Primus
If you remember, Karajorma, I said I was interested FREDding the B5 demo campaign but I told the FRED2_Open 3.5.6. don't work on my PC. But! I tried it today and noticed that if I click the error messages off I can use it. Although I can't see the ship models or ship info.

Do you see a blue-ish rectangle at the bottom left of your screen?  If yes, double-click on it.  It should turn into a realy small display grid, the same size as the previous blue rectangle.  It this happens, minimize then maximize FRED, and you should have the full grid back and everything.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
Originally posted by Trivial Psychic

Do you see a blue-ish rectangle at the bottom left of your screen?  If yes, double-click on it.  It should turn into a realy small display grid, the same size as the previous blue rectangle.  It this happens, minimize then maximize FRED, and you should have the full grid back and everything.

No.

When I start FRED2, the grid window is minimized, I double click the grid window's bar which is located at the top left of my screen. Then I minimize and maximize FRED and I can see the whole thing.

The problem is that I can't see the graphics right. I don't care about ship models as I use outlines, but the ship info, grid position and distance are FUBARed. It's making the job a bit harder, but not impossible.

Offline Luigi30

Well, I'd make a mission but the best I've done with FRED is get a fighter to try to blow me up.

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
Join and Learn. :D

Offline Luigi30

C3M9A looks like something I could do.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Fine. It's yours. Do the FRED walkthrough if you haven't already then give it a try :)

Offline Luigi30

Oops, FRED crashed and won't do anything anymore :(

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Reinstall FS2. ;)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Luigi30

Can I grab C3M8A, too? 9A's mostly finished and I see not many people are writing for C3.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I prefer to make sure that people only take on one mission at a time (unless one mission is near completion and it's getting me to test that is the bottleneck).

I'm afraid that C3M9A is nowhere near completion yet. I'm posting a full report on it in a bit.

Offline Luigi30

If it took you 2 days to test, it must have been bad. :(

If it was bad, it wouldn't take longer to test, since the problems would be easier to spot. ;)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
i'm remaking C2M9 in SCP now. :)