Author Topic: No available campaigns....  (Read 3121 times)

No available campaigns....
I just finished running the installer, and then ran it again because it said there were some errors, which didn't seem to resolve any of them, as I got the same error messages the second time, and nothing was downloaded. Anyway, FS2-Open seems to be working properly thus far, but there is only the FS2 original campaign available in my campaign room menu. If I'm not mistaken , the FS1, as well as some user created stuff should be there as well, any Ideas?

ChuckJustice

Offline Shade

Re: No available campaigns....
Run the launcher and go to the MOD tab, then click "Select MOD". That will give you a list of subdirectories in your FS2_open folder. Among those, Data, ereg and mindspring are part of the FS2_open installation, and any others are MOD directories. Select one of those and click OK, then run the game, and the campaign for that mod should show up.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Run the launcher and go to the MOD tab, then click "Select MOD". That will give you a list of subdirectories in your FS2_open folder. Among those, Data, ereg and mindspring are part of the FS2_open installation, and any others are MOD directories. Select one of those mod directories and click OK, then run the game, and the campaign for that mod should show up.

Tried what you said, Mod tab is clompetely blank, just a grey space....

ChuckJustice

I heard something about having to reboot before FSOpen runs properly. Have you tried that?

Offline Shade

Ok... troubleshooting time then. First off, is the launcher located in your FS2_open root directory?
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Tried what you said, Mod tab is clompetely blank, just a grey space....

Completely blank? You don't even have the Select Mod and No Mod buttons?

Cause all you should need to do is press select mod.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Airy

i got a question very related to this one.

so, as i understood it the mediavps mod enchances the graphics of the game, however you got to select it via this mod pannel.

which means, you can't have mediavps together with any of those other campaigns that you get for your FS2?

correct me if i misunderstood something. :)

Offline castor

• http://www.ffighters.co.uk./home/

Offline Excalibur

• Forsee a new beginning.
:welcome:

Welcome to the HLPBB!!! Airy

BEFORE : : : (Someone use the beam, I don't know how to - my weapons are primitive!)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 10:31:46 pm by Excalibur »
His legacy will last until the beginning.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
use lower-case for the welcome, and put a colon right before and after it, like :this:, except type welcome.  Go ahead and edit your previous post.  ;)  (click "Modify" on the top right of your post)

Offline Excalibur

• Forsee a new beginning.
Thank you for the mail, jr2! ;)
His legacy will last until the beginning.