Author Topic: Background issues...?  (Read 1298 times)

Offline kudos

Background issues...?
Hey everybody,

I'm a long-time fan of FreeSpace and everything going on around this community. I've played several mods and have had a lot of fun with them. Often, however, when I install a new mod and boot it up, the background will be barren except for the default sparse starfield. Now, I have seen mods before that utilize Lightspeed's beautiful nebulae and a sweet looking starfield, but even some of the mods that say they utilize them aren't showing them when I load them up. For example, I've played Transcend before, and I've loved it for the beautiful backgrounds and starfields. This time around, using the automatic FSO installer that downloads everything for you, the nebulae are there, but the stars aren't. Another mod, the one with the 2 mini campaigns called Shivans, doesn't have anything except for those default starfields I talked about.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Mehrpack

• Flying Monkey
Re: Background issues...?
hi,
the new starfield and the lightspeed nebulars must the fredder use, they are not on by standart.
if the fredder dont use you wont see them.
some older campaigns and campaigns they can played with normal freespace2 too, doesnt use them too.

Mehrpack
Nobody is Perfect.
attention: this english is dangerours and terrible, runaway so fast you can!