Author Topic: nebulae problem  (Read 2691 times)

Offline ANARKIA777

• I am alone in france on FS2.....
Hi,
i am a french please speak with easy english  :D

When i use the Vp adveffect the nebulae disappears, i am only a black background with stars  :confused:
I have the problem only with Open GL..

Thanks.

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
Check that:

+ You have fsopen 3.6.9. (http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,44291.0.html)
+ You have mediavps version 3.6.8 zeta. (http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,39905.0.html)
+ You have also downloaded mediavps patches. (Same previous link).

(Erase previous mediavps versions before installing new ones).

IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

Offline ANARKIA777

yes yes my install its OK, i am install many the SCP, i am not this problme with Direct3D, only OpenGL, i am change driver of my graphic card but no...

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
What flags do you have set in the Launcher?

Offline ANARKIA777

-spec -glow -env -mipmap
I test with many otion but always idem : not nebulae in OpenGL  :shaking:

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Can you run the debug version, and attach your \data\fs2_open.log?  (To attach, hit the "Preview" button on the post screen, then "Additional Options", then attach it.)

Offline ANARKIA777

I run "fs2_open_3_6_9_debug.exe" but many bug....

My install is proper, no mod, i am install many SCP and always this problem....

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
-spec -glow -env -mipmap
I test with many otion but always idem : not nebulae in OpenGL  :shaking:

Try turning on the "Enable jpg and tga textures" option. Funnily enough the TGA nebulae won't show up.

Oh and while I'm at it, your media VPs are in the wrong place. You should put them in a folder called mediavps and select them on the mod tab.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
All the things Kara has said and:
  • You've also missed adveffects patch ... Re-check the mediavps link I posted.
  • Learn how to use MOD flag launcher to install mediavps or any other mod vps in its own folder. Read Karajorma's FAQ. If you put all data in the main FS2 folder, you can get undesired cross-effects. Imagine that you had put a mod vp that erases Hercules II as available fighter, could you still play FS2 Retail Campaign? You can find more info about FS2 data management here and here in FSWiki. Read it carefully, it can save you TONS of future trouble.
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

Offline ANARKIA777

Yes i have missed the adveffect patch, all nebulae are in patch  ;)
Very thanks.

Why the nebulae not appears with the adveffect.vp?