Author Topic: Problems With Intel mac  (Read 2327 times)

Offline Master_Drow

• Theseus CIC officer.
Problems With Intel mac
I am Currently using Freespace 2 open version 3.6.9, and I recently upgraded to a new intel macbook pro (from my power pc ibook).

The problem is that now when I mouse over (not even click) certain buttons the game either lags for several seconds before becoming normal, or more often than not it simply crashes.

From my limited searching of the forums i have not found a patch or fix. (i tried version 3.6.9 Rx 8, or something like that, only made things worse, and i reverted back to the original version i had)

Any help or even a redirect to a patch would be appreciated.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: Problems With Intel mac
Is your GFX card the X1900?  If it is, I'm betting you have the same problem wdarkk had.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 02:48:21 am by jr2 »

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
It's the "Dreaded PBO CRASH!" again.  :)  In my brilliance, I didn't offer a way to actually disable that feature if you needed to, so you're kind of stuck if you keep using that build.  I'm not sure why it's broken on the Apple drivers, but there isn't much I can do about it but disable PBO support in the code.  Luckily, it's not used for anything important at present and you won't actually lose anything from this.

Right now only my Xt builds have this fixed (unless you are using the special BtRL build).  You can grab the current build from here however.  It's actually for testing fixes for an ATI driver bug, so it's going to have some negative performance issues for you, but it should fix your hang/crash problem at least.  I'm going to update the same build later today with extra driver bug tests, and it won't have the same performance problem, so if you want to wait to download I'll come back and let you know when the better build is posted.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 10:09:27 am by taylor »

Offline Master_Drow

• Theseus CIC officer.
Well my graphics card is a GeForce 8600M GT so that should not be the problem.

But I shall be giving the other link a try sometime today. Let you know how that goes.

EDIT: The link seems to not be working keeps giving a 404 error.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Oops, sorry about that.  Link fixed. :)

Offline Master_Drow

• Theseus CIC officer.
Ok so the game works now, but whenever i start a mission i automatically jump into subspace.

any remedies are welcome.

EDIT: Changed question to another thread, please place advice there.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 06:02:03 pm by Master_Drow »