Author Topic: Problems with damage texture  (Read 2767 times)

Problems with damage texture
I have a problem w/ SCP whenever i run the game using OPEN GL. The game runs a lot smoother, but the fires that occur whenever your craft or an enemy craft are shot (ie. Fires, particles). The problem is that while the texture does show up, the fire texture is surrounded by a black box.  is there a problem w/ my video card or do i need the newest vp. or launcher files? I am running a NVIDIA Geforce4 5200 in an PCI slot, NOT PCI EXPRESS!

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Re: Problems with damage texture
what files are in freespace2/mediavps/ ?
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

the most recent zpack, and adveffects.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
...You have "show damage" feature on?  I thought it was removed for 3.6.9.  :confused: ... because it doesn't work good yet.  Or are you talking of something different?

No, not the show damage feature; the particle effects after you shoot a naked (shieldless) hull. You know, smoke....fire...... The good stuff!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Ah, right... hmm, I remember something similar to this issue... where weapons fire was surrounded by black boxes.  I forget the fix, but can you post your argument list from your "Feature" tab in the Launcher here?  eg, mine is: (yes I know its a BtRL exe, that's fine)

C:\Games\FreeSpace2\fs2_open_3_6_9_BtRL.exe -spec -glow -env -jpgtga -mipmap -nomotiondebris -2d_poof -missile_lighting -dualscanlines -targetinfo -orbradar -rearm_timer -ballistic_gauge -ship_choice_3d -3dwarp -warp_flash -snd_preload  -ambient_factor 0 -no_emissive_light -fov 0.55 -spec_exp 16.7 -spec_point 0.6 -spec_static 0.9 -spec_tube 1 -cap_object_update 0

BTW, here is everything in my features box:

C:\Games\Freespace 2\fs2_open_3_6_9.exe -spec -glow -env -jpgtga -mipmap -nomotiondebris -2d_poof -missile_lighting -dualscanlines -targetinfo -orbradar -rearm_timer -ballistic_gauge -ship_choice_3d -3dwarp -warp_flash

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
It may be 2D_Poof
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

no, that's not it. BTW, this only shows up in OPEN GL. I will NEVER go back to direct 3d unless it becomes more stable.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Do you have the latest drivers from nVidia?

I got it fixed! I just needed the mp-710 patches from the media vp's page. Thanks anyway guys!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Glad to (try to) help!  :D  Oh, and,

:welcomeblue:

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
I got it fixed! I just needed the mp-710 patches from the media vp's page. Thanks anyway guys!

I thought that's what it was, but then I went out to dinner and you figured it out yourself.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.