Author Topic: Auto Jumping in Multiplayer  (Read 2027 times)

Offline Master_Drow

• Theseus CIC officer.
Auto Jumping in Multiplayer
I am having a problem in that when i start a multiplayer game i automatically jump into subspace.

I am on an intel macbook pro OS 10.4.10, using the graphics card GeForce 8600M GT, and the Freespace version FS2_Open-Xt0904, this problem originally started in version FS2_Open 3.6.9.
I have also only had this problem with my intel mac, my PowerPC ibook does not have this problem.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Auto Jumping in Multiplayer
I seem to remember someone else posting the same problem. I take it this only happens when you host the game. And not when you join one?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Master_Drow

• Theseus CIC officer.
Well, whenever I try to find a game nothing appears on the server, so I have to host.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Do you get the same problem in singleplayer? When you click on host game check the hosting options button and see what the kill and time limit are set to. Does the problem go away if you change them?

Offline Master_Drow

• Theseus CIC officer.
ok... i was about to test what you were asking and my kill limit was set to 9999 i set it to 10 then back to 9999 (deciding to test 9999 first). and the problem seems to be fixed. i just started 4 games, and i am not having any problems now.

so i guess thanks for fixing the problem, i have been having it for like a month.

and note i was not having the problem in single player, and im still not.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Yeah, kill limit is a multiplayer only setting. I'm going to be poking about that code in the near future anyway, I'll see if I can replicate your bug.