Author Topic: FSport and any mod - error: invalid weapon name.  (Read 1667 times)

FSport and any mod - error: invalid weapon name.
first, sry bout my english language.

freespace 2 open source works fine, i can load any of its' mission, i can fire a weapon, i can see stuff in the debriefing screen, etc, i can play it fine, as usual, but there's loads of problems with fsport and any mod.
i used turey's installer to download and install freespace 2 open source and fsport, installed openal, etc, all according to the walkthru/guide, and installed wing commander saga and the babylon 5 mods.
then i launched the launcher, changed a bunch of options in the launcher box (mainly graphic/video settings, and opengl-i use a nvidia card), then ran freespace 2 open source, no problem like i said, then tried fsport - loaded the cutscenes fine, created a new pilot state for it (i know u cant use freespace 2's save file or it'd screw up the fsport game), went in the stage1-5 debriefing screen, looks fine, graphic stuff in the map and the below box works, but when i get in the training debriefing screen, it doesnt show anything in the map or the below box, just blank, and when i click "ships" or "guns" selection it does nothing, i decided to skip the training missions to get to the real missions. before loading the real mission debriefing it crashed, and gave me this error:

Error: Invalid weapon name.

In sexpression: ( when
    ( true )
    (good-secondary-time
      "Friendly"
       "Cyclops"
       "Belisarius"

)
)
(Error appears to be: Cyclops)
File:J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\Mission\MissionParse.cpp
Line: 5798
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

this happens to any mod also, like wing commander saga and the babylon 5.
but the freespace 2 open source game works fine, no problem at all, with the launcher.
know what's wrong?
thanks.

EDIT:

never mind, sry, should have searched more (i did alot but, yea).
if anyone's stuck in this same boat tho, here:
http://babylon.hard-light.net/faq.php
and scroll down.
didnt know i had to change the campaign in the campaign room to whatever mod i load.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 11:08:30 am by YonderAnt »

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: FSport and any mod - error: invalid weapon name.
Glad to see you've got it sorted!  Oh, and:

:welcomeblue: